Chapter 3

Falling For A Shooting Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How are you guys? Hope you're doing great!

Before anything else, I would like to say thank you to those who find time to read my mind-numbing and tiresome stories.

I'm currently writing two stories here on AFF and I know, both stories are boring.

But, you still managed to read it. Thank you!

I do appreciate all your comments. Kamsahamnida!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

 

I hurriedly went out of the house of the girl who claimed that she is the real Lee Chaerin. I still can’t believe what she told me. I still can’t process the fact that Lee Chaerin is not the Lee Chaerin who I thought she was. And then she told me that the person who I love most is gone just to give me an explanation?

 

I feel like I have no strength anymore. How can I go back to L.A. with this news? Maybe I would need some time to accept the fact. I don’t want to go back to L.A. yet.

 

I took my phone and turned it on. Just what I’ve expected, messages come flooding in. Most of them are from my sister Bom and from my manager Yoona. And oh, there’s also a voice mail from my Mom.

 

I listened to it.

 

“Hi, honey! I heard from your sister. Are you enjoying your stay in Seoul? You should have told me sooner. Anyway, you should visit your Aunt In-na and her family. Tell them I miss them. And don’t stay too long or your sister will be very worried. Call us if there’s anything wrong. I love you!”

 

There was something in my Mom’s voice that somehow calmed my heart. Mothers must really have that kind of effect on their children. I listened to it one more time before putting my phone back in my pocket.

 

I’m pretty sure that a litany of sermon will be heard from my manager Yoona because I did not ask for permission, especially that we are in the middle of preparing for my concert tour. But for now, I don’t have plans to return to L.A., I will visit my Aunt and her family first.

 

So I headed for the bus terminal.

 

I must still be in shock over what I learned about Chaerin—err, Hyerin, whatever. I still can’t believe it. I don’t want to believe it. Maybe, playing my guitar might soothe my nerves.

 

Wait. I think something’s missing. I look at my hand, then to my shoulder. What the heck! And before I knew it, I ran back to where I came from. This is the first time it happen, forgetting what’s precious to me.

 

I stop on my tracks when I reached the house of the woman who introduced herself as Lee Chaerin. Damn! That was quite a run. I ran out of breathe. I went near her door and when I was about to knock, I heard something.

 

Someone is playing the piano. I felt a sudden rush of nostalgia. The song playing is very familiar to me.

 

And then the song began.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAERIN'S POV

 

 

 

I scratched my head while looking at the foreign object on the side of the sofa.

 

“Maybe she’ll return if she realized she forgot this, right?” I asked my cat Donut. “What do you think?”

 

She let out a meow sound. I smiled at her. Donut sure is sweet.

 

I just let the guitar stand where it was placed by the owner. I went to the grand piano that I inherited from my grandparents.

 

I looked at the music sheet with the notes I wrote but it seems like the notes are jumping and flying away from the paper. I can’t concentrate.

 

I imagined the appearance of the woman who just came here and the way she looks when I told her the news about my sister. And then it was replaced by my sister’s appearance.

 

Who is that person and why did my sister kept it from me? Or maybe she’s not that important to Hyerin that’s why she forgot to tell me about someone she met in L.A. But if there’s nothing going on between them, why would she follow my sister miles away from home?

 

I think I’ll be sick thinking about it. I know it’s impossible for me to find the answers. Hyerin’s gone. But is it wrong to ask that woman if ever she’ll come back for her guitar? I doubt if she’ll answer me though, she did not even give her name.

 

The thought of my sister always made me calm yet sad at the same time. Because I know, I will never see her again. I started to play my sister’s favorite song, the song that I really know by heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter