As A Couple

As A Couple - Xiumin

Warm water ran over your exposed skin under the large shower head that you positioned yourself under, closing your eyes the warm droplets fell over your face and trickled down either side of your neck. Humming a soft song to yourself, you worked the shampoo in your hands then your hair as you let your mind wonder along with your song that you were quietly humming, the droplets making their own music on the floor of the shower as your fingers worked in your hair with the bubbles of shampoo then massaging the conditioner with a rinse in between.

Running the soap over your body, you rinsed your hair from the conditioner and then ran your fingertips over your body as the soap from your body trailed down your torso then down your legs. Finishing up with your shower, you turned off the water and rung out your hair then stepped out of the shower wrapping your body with a fluffy soft towel. Tucking the top corner back into the towel letting go of the towel once it stayed around your torso, walking out of the shower area, your feet pressed against the cool tile while making your way to the closet.

Closing the door slightly, you changed into a tank top and a comfy pair of bed shorts that were your favorite. Wrapping your hair in the towel, you twisted the towel and balanced it on your head before walking out in front of the double vanity. Freeing your hair from the towel, you folded it neatly and placed the towel back on the holder to air dry. Grabbing a hair pick, you slowly started at the bottom of your hair and worked the knots in your hair and then worked upwards towards your roots.

While you combed your hair, your eyes started to wonder along the reflections you saw in the large mirror handing above the double vanity. Underneath the covers, his torso leaned against the headboard while his eyes dropped down and watched the words run along the page, he flipped page after page as you watched him with a smile playing on your lips.

Finishing combing your hair, you flipped off all of the lights in the bathroom before you shuffled over to your side of the bed after you turned down the blinds around the room. With the light of the lamps on either side of your shared bed, the soft welcoming light lit his face gently leaving a few subtle shadows along his face.

“Hard day, mister?” You slipped under the covers, pulling the covers around your waist turning your head a little to watch him a little better.

“Yeah… a little” He sighed from a deep breath, glancing in your direction, he opened his arm closest to you inviting you to come closer. Accepting his request, you slid over against him, his arm wrapped around your shoulders and the tips of his fingers gently brushed your arm slowly. Adjusting yourself against his body, your head rested on his upper chest while your arms s around his toned figure.

“Tell me about it” You inquired, lifting your head up as his eyes met yours, nodding his head lightly, he worked his way through his day exposing the good and the bad of his job with every turn of events that happened the day. Marking his place, he shuffled the book to the bedside table before diving into his day more, looking at you trying to work through his problems with you asking you for your opinion and some help.

“That was my day…” He finally finished, feeling a weight being lifted from his chest once he talked about his day. “What did you do today?”

“Well I did housework a little and then Minhyung came over and then I hung out with him and a few of his guy friends too” You told him, letting your finger tips draw along his wrinkled tank top, his body slightly tensed under you.

The air went silent around you once you finished your day, his gently touch on you slowed to a stop as he rested his hand on your side before he looked away from you and leaned over a little grabbing his phone and turning on the screen before he moved out from under you a little.

“Where are you going, Xiumin?” You sat up as he slipped off of the side of his bed, leaning on your arms, he slipped his phone into his pocket of his blue plaid pajama pants.

“I have some unfinished work to do downstairs” Xiumin answered sadly as he slowly pulled up the covers on you before he turned and headed towards the door. “Sleep well” He smiled slightly before flicking off the lights and heading out the door, pulling the door slightly closed behind him.

Watching the door for a while, you saw the downstairs light then off a while later. Tossing and turning that night, you waited for your boyfriend to come back to bed, yet he never rolled back into the bed next to you. Hours ticked by, rolling over, you your phone and saw the time being in the early morning hours,

Slipping from under the warm covers, you slipped on a hoodie over your tank top feeling a little chilled. Heading downstairs, you were quiet not sure what you expect however, when you saw him fast asleep on the couch, you just smiled gently and went over to him and laid a blanket over his sleeping form. Next, you shuffled quietly into the kitchen and the little oven light before making yourself some tea to help you sleep.

A little while later, a warm mug in your hands, you turned off all the lights and made sure that Xiumin was all cozy and comfy before heading back upstairs.

The next morning, you helped Xiumin carry his bags out to the van, leaving for another tour, the members watched the two of you hug shortly before he loaded into the van and headed off to the airport. A hollow feeling started to swell in your chest as you headed back inside to get ready for work yourself. Even from the night before, things just didn’t feel right between you and your boyfriend.

Not being able to pinpoint your feeling to one event, your mind wondered through your work days. Yet with your busy schedule and with his, you didn’t want to bother him with this feeling that settled in the pit of your stomach. Deciding it would be best to talk about it when he came home, you waited the week and a half until he came back home.

Relaxing on the couch, that week and a half later, you turned your head from the tv show that you were watching to the door that was opening. Xiumin’s tired form moved into the home. Slowly closing the door, he slipped off his shoes and lifted his heavy luggage from his shoulders.

His socks shuffled against the wood floor, watching him move from the entry to the kitchen, you kept your eyes on him. Looking through the refrigerator, he closed it soon after he opened it with a chilled water bottle in his hand.

“Hello” He nodded his head to you

“Hello” You did the same, after the two of you exchanged the simple greeting, he quickly drank the water bottle, filled it up then returned back in it’s spot in the refrigerator.

Your eyes periodically watched him move back to his bags and lift them back onto his shoulders.

“You can sleep on the bed tonight, I will sleep on the couch” You remarked as he passed behind the couch, lifting your warm cup of tea to your lips, you heard his footsteps slow to a stop. His bags were gently placed on the floor then his footsteps picked back up and rounded the couch.

“______, I had a lot of time to think while I was on tour” Xiumin started taking the seat beside you, giving him your full attention, you watched him as to where he was going with this, “I have thought long and hard about going public with our relationship.”

“Xiumin, are you crazy? Did the jet lag get to you or something?” You blew it off a little knowing he was tired from his tour.

“Listen ______, I am really serious about this” His hand gently rested on yours, looking into his eyes, you noticed that he was being serious.

“You know how your fans would react if we did that” You told him being a little taken back by this honestly. “They wouldn’t like their idol being taken”

“I know but I don’t know what to do… it would be better than having everyone think that you are free game” Xiumin let his feeling slowly start to show.

“What do you mean? I told them all that I am taken” You told him

“But they don’t believe it, do they?” He posed as you shook your head knowing that some of your friends didn’t buy that you had a boyfriend since they never saw you two together.

“Why do you want to go public then?” You questioned wanting to know his reasoning behind it.

“I guess I want everyone to know that I care for you and you are my whole world” His words pierced your heart, making you fall for him slightly more than you ever have.

“Aren’t you worried about fans and saesang’s… what about the camera’s and your band? What would they all think?” You questioned just wanting to make sure he thought through all of this.

“I asked the guys and they were fine with it, they said that they would protect us if we needed. The camera’s might like or hate us but I am the one who loves you, the fans love me but if they can’t love me when I am with you then they aren’t true fans.” He lifted his hand up and tucked some hairs behind your ear slowly.

“Well you leave me with no choice then” You smile as you lean into his touch a little more.“If you think this is a good idea, then I will trust you”

“We will head to the office tomorrow and then work on going public then” He smiles just before a yawn slips from his lips, his hand covering his open mouth.

“Until then we should get you to bed through” You smile and stand up before he joined you on his feet.

Grabbing his bags, the two of you locked up the house and headed to the bedroom to spend a night wrapped up in each others arms, falling back in love with one another, strengthening your bond between the two of you before facing the world as a couple.