Part 3

Misunderstanding

A/N:
Hi! I apparently wrote part 3 already :P
Enjoy. 

I didn't proof read it so ignore any mistakes!

 

A Misunderstanding Part 3.

 

Quickly looking at herself for the last time, she put on a jacket and headed out the door. A smiled formed on her lips as her eyes landed on her car. A muscular figure came out opening the door for her, she let out a soft thank you and sat down in the passenger seat. Closing the door lightly behind her, the figure ran to the other side and sat down.

“Ready to go?” questioned Taeyeon.

“Yep,” smiled Jessica brightly.

The ride was quiet. Jessica felt a bit weird. Something wasn’t right. Usually when they were alone in the car they’d talk non stop. Did the kiss make things awkward? Did her kissing skills not meet Taeyeon’s standards? The blond made a quick glance at Taeyeon. A troubled expression was evident on Taeyeon’s face.

 

Taking a deep breath, Jessica took Taeyeon’s free hand into hers. The young lad looked at the girl beside him with a perplexed look. The blonde gave the young man a weak smile. “You okay?” she questioned softly.

 

“Um... y-yeah... I-I’m okay.” he stuttered.

 

Jessica eyed the older guy. Something seems fishy. Taeyeon never felt this uneasy when he was with her. The blonde’s eyebrows scrunched together, she wanted to know what was bothering him, but she knew she shouldn’t pry into anything else.

The whole day seemed pretty normal, except for a few things. The two of them held hands, stole kisses from each other, and gave each other hugs whenever they saw each other on campus grounds. People around the campus began whispering to each other, pointing at the two. But to Jessica and Taeyeon’s dismay, they both didn’t know what they were. They had an undefined relationship.

As the day came to an end. Taeyeon became more gloomy. Sitting on Jessica’s car waiting for the her, he ran his fingers through his brown locks. Since today was his last day to see the blonde, his heart ached. Remembering what Yul had told him, it was best for Jessica and Seohyun’s safety. Quickly thinking of an excuse, he pulled out his phone and called someone.

“Yoboseyo?”
“Appa, I won’t be going to work, nor can I pick Seohyun up.”
“My I know why?” questioned the older man on the other line.
“Personal business, I’ll tell you about it when I pick up Seohyun from your place.”
“Alright, I’ll see you later son.”
“Bye.”

He ruffled his hair in anger. Obviously frustrated with the turn of events. But he quickly put on a facade when Jessica came to view. Looking up at Jessica in a nicely fit pair of skinny jeans, a white button down, and a cute winter coat. Taeyeon’s heart began to beat faster. Quickly getting on his feet he opened up his arms and enveloped the Jung into a hug. Savoring this moment for the third time today, he silently filled his senses with Jessica’s strawberry scented hair. Placing a smile on his face, he gave the blonde a quick kiss on the lips before opening the passenger door for her.

“Lets have dinner.” he smiled shutting the door.

Hopping into the driver seat Taeyeon turned the engine on. The smile on his face became a giant grin as the engine roared to life. The brunette drove off. The blonde could only stare in awe.

 

[ - - - ]

A sigh escaped a middle age man’s cracked lips. He pulled off his spectacles and tossed it on his desk. The man rubbed his forehead with his dry hands.

“He’s doing it again....” the man sighed. “Keeping things that hurt him to himself.” he continued to no one in particular.

Just as he was about to put his glasses back on, someone entered the door. Eyes fixated on the new comer, giving them a look telling him to explain what he was going on.

“Ah... Mr. Hwang, I have done what you have ordered.” smiled a young lad in his early twenties, handing Mr. Hwang a file.

Mr. Hwang happily took the file from the nicely dressed young lad. “This better be good.” He said as he opened the file. The young lad bowed before him, taking a seat in front of Mr. Hwang’s desk. He eyed his boss who was carefully looking through each and every content of the file.

 

“I have gone around. Rumors that I’ve heard are all written in that file. I spoke with your daughter, and I’ve spoken to her boyfriend.” The young lad said slowly as he mentioned the word boyfriend. “We’re not the only ones on Taeyeon’s side. The popular boy group in your daughter’s university, 2PM they call themselves, they know Taeyeon is innocent.”
 

“Anything else...?” questioned Mr. Hwang.
 

“I also followed Taeyeon~shi this weekend. He went out with Miss Jessica Jung.” he slowly stated causing the middle age man to look up at him. “During their stay at some family friendly arcade, at about 8:15pm the two quickly left the place. I stuck around to find their reason for their abrupt departure.”

Mr. Hwang stared at the young man in front of him. The young lad pulled out his suitcase, carefully looking through folders, he pulled something out. “ I saw Kwon Yoona and Yul at the same place with their daughter.”

The middle age man became mum. He stared at the photo for a good five to ten minutes. The young man looked at his boss, his face was unreadable.

“Put all the evidence aside, we’ll use them when the time is right.” sighed Mr. Hwang handing his employer the file.

“Very well sir. Call me when you have decided when the case will be held.” The young man bowed before exiting the office.

A sigh escaped the man’s lips. Rubbing his forehead, he looked at his expensive looking watch. Gathering his things, he headed out the door to pick up Seohyun.


 

[ - - - ]

 

The unofficial couple both go off the white BMW. As they walked next to each other, their hands automatically linked together. They silently walked off, headed toward a street vendor. Upon reaching, they sat down after ordering their food. The smell of ddeokboki filled the air.

 

“Ah... Delicious.” smiled Jessica as a giant bowl was placed on their table.

Taeyeon handed Jessica a pair of chopsticks Taeyeon quickly picked up a rice cake and blew on it, before placing it in front of Jessica's lips. A small smiled appeared on the blonde's lips before she happily bit it.

 

The two stayed at the street vendor for an hour. With another thought in mind, Taeyeon quickly dragged the younger girl toward the BMW before heading off their next destination.

 

“Yah! Where are you taking me?!” squealed Jessica.

 

Taeyeon kept mum as he dragged the young girl to who knows where. The two made a stop, Jessica eyed the older boy. A smile was plastered on the latter’s face. Quickly digging in his pocket, he pulled out a handkerchief. Slowly walking behind the blonde, he covered the latter’s eyes.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Just wait…” he whispered in her ears causing her to blush.

The older boy held onto Jessica’s shoulders, slowly leading the latter where ever. Jessica began to become more curious with each step she took. The blonde’s legs began to ache; they’ve been climbing up stairs the whole time.

 

“I’m tired…” pouted Jessica.

 

Before she knew it, two arms grabbed onto her and carried her off the ground. A shriek escaped her lips, but after a few minutes she felt perfectly comfortable and safe in his arms She snuggled into his chest.

 

[ - - - ]

 

“Tiffany, please meet me in my office…”

 

“Y-Yes a-appa…”

 

A few knocks were heard and the dark brown mahogany door slowly opened. Tiffany stuck her head in. M. Hwang sat a file that was in his hands down to look up at his daughter. The brunette looked at her father, but averted her gaze as the sight of Seohyun came to view.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” questioned the brunette.

 

“No, nothing is wrong. Please sit down Stephanie,” said Mr. Hwang in a monotonous voice, using Tiffany’s real name.

 

She could only nod her head and comply with her father’s orders. She sat down on the leather arm chair in front of her father’s desk. Swallowing the lump in , she fiddled with her fingers, obviously afraid that her father is mad at her. Silence in the office made things scary for her.

 

“Stephanie, how are your studies?” questioned Mr. Hwang breaking the silence.

 

“I’m doing well, I study diligently,” answered Tiffany calmly.

 

“That’s good. Anyways, do you know anything about Taeyeon, other than him spending time with Jessica?” questioned Mr. Hwang obviously trying to hint something out.

 

Too bad the hint went straight past the brunette, who didn’t quite catch on. “No sir, why is there something wrong?”

 

A sigh escaped Mr. Hwang’s lips. “As a substitute father or May I say God- Father for him, I know when my children are upset. He called me earlier and his voice just said it all.”

 

“If oppa was dealing with something, he’d tell us. We’re his only “FAMILY” left behind, beside Seohyun.”

 

“I know, but I’m worried about him.”

 

Tiffany pouted. “It seems like you care for him more than me.”

 

“You’re my baby girl… but you know I’ve always wanted a son,” smiled Mr. Hwang.

 

“Yeah, Yeah… but I’m not the one who’s going to inherit your law firm or hotel branches.”

 

“If I could I’d pass them down to you, but you don’t want to take over my businesses, you want to start your own fashion magazine or become chief editor of Glitter magazine,” sighed Mr. Hwang.

 

A smile formed on Tiffany’s lip. “Oh, you know me so well.”

 

“Of course, I’m your father,” Mr. Hwang chuckled.

 

[ - - - ]

 

Taeyeon gently placed Jessica down. Slowly leading the blond somewhere, the older boy positioned Jessica. Walking behind the latter, Taeyeon carefully untied the handkerchief. Eyes fluttering open, a gasp was heard from Jessica’s lips.

 

“This place is beautiful.”

 

The two were up high on a hill top looking out Seoul. You could see the outline of the city, a beautiful, breathtaking sight.

 

“I found this place when I ran away.”

 

Jessica looked at Taeyeon. “Ran away?”

 

“It was during the time your family did the worst things to me. Sorta.”

 

Jessica could only nod her head. Guilt began to fill her. The atmosphere became silent. It wasn’t awkward but rather comforting. As on queue they turned to face each other. Giggles escaped their lips, but stopped as they got lost in each other’s eyes. Before they knew it their lips met.

 

[ - - - ]

 

“Thanks for treating me out,” smiled Jessica.

 

“No problem. I had fun today.”

 

“Do you want to come in?” offered the blonde.

 

“I can’t, I have to go pick up Seohyun.” Frowned Taeyeon, “Maybe another time.”

 

‘But there won’t be another time,’ thought Taeyeon silently sighing.

 

Silence. Just as Taeyeon was going to say goodbye, Jessica pulled the latter in for a kiss. Foreheads leaning on each other a smiled crossed their lips. Finally bidding goodbye, Taeyeon left and headed back home by foot. A heavy sigh escaped his lips, taking a quick glance back, his heart shattered into pieces as the distance between him and Jessica increased.

 

[ - - - ]

 

Checking her phone for the umpteenth time, a deep sigh escaped her lips. Running her fingers through her hair, she got up and chucked the phone on her bed. Questions filled her mind.

 

“Why hasn’t he texted me at all?”

 

It’s been a week since she had received a text from Taeyeon, or has even seen the latter. She has been getting paranoid about it. Why was he ignoring her anyways? Being ignored by him, just made her heart ache. She thought they had something special after sharing those kisses and valuable time together. What happened?

 

“Just reply… please….” whimpered Jessica sending her fiftieth text this day.

 

[ - - - ]

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

A groan escaped the young boy’s lips as he put a file down. Pulling out his phone, he checked his text message. His heart ached as he read the text. Debating whether to reply to the text, he ended up placing his phone back in his pocket. Picking up the file, the latter went back to work.

 

“I’m really sorry, it’s for the better,” he sighed to himself.

 

[ - - - ]

 

“Jessie, you okay?” questioned a brunette sitting next to the blond.

 

“Tiff, have you spoken to Taeyeon lately?” the blond asked with a weak smile.

 

“No why?”

 

“He hasn’t spoken to me for about a week now…” Jessica frowned.

 

“Did anything happen between you two?”

 

“No… we went to some family friendly arcade with Seohyun, slept over, and went to the zoo…”

 

“Oh right… You slept over at his house one time… Did you guys kiss?” smiled the brunette mischievously.

 

“…yeah…” blushed the blond.

 

“Really?! Aw… Don’t worry. Taeyeon has been acting quite strange the past few days… just give him some space for now.”

 

The blonde could only frown and nod her head. A sigh escaped her lips as her mind drifted to a certain someone.

 

[ - - - ]

 

Walking aimlessly around campus grounds, Taeyeon covered his face with the scarf on this mid february day. A sigh escaped the latter’s lips as he walked down a particular path. It has been a little over three weeks and a half since he had last seen or contacted Jessica. As much as he wanted to see the girl, he couldn’t. Yul might be wandering around spying on him. Turning at a corner, he felt something or someone hit him, causing papers to fly everywhere.

 

Quickly picking up the papers Taeyeon looked at the person who had ran into him. His eyes widen when he had realized who the person was. He’d recognize that voice anywhere. His heart raced, his palms became sweaty. He knew he was going to get it. But he didn’t say anything, as he was mesmerized by Jessica’s new look.

 

“J-Jessica…”  

 

“Taeyeon…?”

 

“I-I’m s-sorry…” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

The blonde was a bit shocked seeing the latter right in front of her. The guy she had been dying to see for weeks is finally in front of her. She was too speechless to even talk to the guy.

 

“I like the new hair color…” smiled Taeyeon scratching the back of his head.

 

“You!” exclaimed Jessica pointing at Taeyeon.

 

“Me?”

 

The young girl felt her blood boil; she had so much to say. “How dare you kiss me and then ignore me? Do I seem easy to you?” exclaimed Jessica as she hit Taeyeon square in the chest.

 

“I-I”

 

“How could you? You t-took my first kiss! And you ignore my calls and texts?!” Tears were streaming down Jessica’s face. “It hurts… I’m mad at you.”

 

Taeyeon took hold of Jessica’s arms; stopping her from hitting him any further. “J-Jessica please… you have to hear me out…” he pleaded.

 

“Hear you out? If you have replied I would’ve “heard” you out!” exclaimed the latter tying to release herself from Taeyeon’s grip.

 

A sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips. Seeing Jessica cry because of him made his heart ache. He quickly pulled Jessica into an embrace, letting the girl cry in his arms. Jessica stood still not hugging him back, but sobbed into his chest.

 

“Look I’m sorry… I have my reasons… It’s for your own good…” Taeyeon sighed. “How about we get some coffee?”

 

The two silently walked towards Jessica’s car. The car ride was silent, but it wasn’t awkward. As they walked toward the nearest café, Taeyeon pulled the door open for Jessica. Trying to be the gentleman that he is. They sat silently at an empty table in the back. Taeyeon went to go and make their orders, Jessica silently stared at the him as he talked to the workers. Few minutes of waiting, Taeyeon returned with a tray of two cups of coffee and two slices of strawberry cake. The blonde sat silently watching the young man put their orders down on the table.

 

The atmosphere was quiet. Jessica was a bit frustrated to even talk to the him. All she really wants right now is a good explanation, to why he treated her that way.

 

“Jessica… I know you’re upset with me but I just had to…” said Taeyeon cautiously.

 

Jessica moved her gaze from her drink to Taeyeon. “But why…?” Her words came out as a whisper.

 

“It was for your own good… you’ll be punished by your family if they see you with me… I don’t want to be the cause of you getting hurt…”

 

“Don’t give me some bull of an answer… I’m twenty one! I’m legal and my family can’t stop me.”

 

“Shh… please… Jessica you have to understand. Your safely and Seohyun’s safety is my main priority… just bear with me…” pleaded Taeyeon.

 

“My safety?! What does my safety have to do with you ignoring me?!” Jessica was getting furious.

 

“Because if I don’t leave you alone, Yul will hurt you and Seohyun. I don’t want that!” said Taeyeon raising his voice. Eyes looked toward their direction.

 

“As much as I want to be selfish, I can’t…” Taeyeon sighed as he rubbed his forehead. “If Yul lays a finger on you, guilt will eat me alive.”

 

Jessica kept mum. Now she was beginning to feel guilty. All he wanted to do was keep her safe. The brown haired girl frowned and stared at her coffee.  She kept her gaze at the brown liquid until she felt fingers bring her head up.

 

“I’m really sorry, but I want you to be safe. I don’t you getting hurt because of me…”

 

Jessica could only look at Taeyeon’s dark brown eyes. His sincerity was evident through his eyes. The blonde could only nod in understanding. A sigh escaped her lips.

 

“I’ll never forgive myself if you get hurt. You know why? Because I’m in love with you… I love you Sica…” he whispered slowly closing the gap between them.

 

Jessica’s heart began to race as Taeyeon’s said those three significant words. “I love you too.,” she whispered closing the remaining gap between them.

 

And there they shared their first official kiss as a couple it wasn’t a romantic confession, but a confession.

 

[ - - - ]

 

A few weeks passed and Jessica has been frantically running around, invitations in one hand and lists of things to buy in another hand. The brunette went around handing invitations to specific people around campus grounds. Why was she doing this? Well her boyfriend’s birthday is just a week away and she wanted to throw him a surprise party, with Tiffany’s help she was going to make it happen.

 

“I know you know he’s innocent. So please come to the party. It’ll mean so much to him to see how much people are on his side,” smiled Jessica handing the invitations to a group of boys.

 

“We’ll be sure to be there.”

 

“It means a lot if you’re all there. Thank you.”

 

With that Jessica continued passing out invitations to suggested people Tiffany had told her to invite.

‘So far so good,’ thought Jessica.

 

[ - - - ]

 

“You going to the party?”

 

“Yeah… I mean. Taeyeon has been suffering man… He needs us. Remember the good ol’ days with Taeng? After Yul dissed him off and kicked him out of the group it has never been the same,” sighed a fairly tall young man. “We don’t HAVE to tell Yul.”

 

“True. Then let’s all go to that party.”

 

[ - - - ]

 

Yul was secretly sitting behind a brick wall eyeing his step-cousin. Lately he hasn’t seen the latter, always disappearing right after school. The young lad decided to skip today’s sessions and lectures; to follow Jessica. He watched her walk around school grounds passing envelops. Curiosity was beginning to fill him, taking a deep breath, he walked towards the brunette.

 

“Well hello there Jessica,” said Yul watching the group of people disperse. He eyed Jessica who seemed to have tensed up upon his presence.

 

“H-Hello.”

 

“Well what do you got there?” questioned Yul.

 

“This?” questioned Jessica holding up the envelope. “This… its erm… a thank you card.”

 

“Really…? To you or to the group?”

 

“We all received one! Did you?”

 

“No… may I have a look?” Yul eyed Jessica suspiciously.

 

“I bet you’ll get your own. I heard it was different for other people.”

 

“Really… okay. I’ll ask Tiffany if she received one,” Yul said turning away. He sighed and looked for the bubbly brunette.

 

As Yul walked away; Jessica face-palmed herself. Quickly pulling out her iPhone, she texted Tiffany an emergency text. She quietly prayed that Tiffany would read the text before Yul even finds her.

 

“Please… Please… Please…” Jessica silently prayed as she quickly walked off.