Part 1

Misunderstanding

*Note: I thought you guys would enjoy reading this on here. I haven't been active on soshified. But I really do want to finish this.

 

 

Part 1

 

A sigh escaped a young blonde’s lips as she stared at a lone figure outside the library window. She stared at a young man, who she had never seen before on campus grounds or outside of school. To her, he was quite an interesting fellow; seeing that he was a muscular young man. He wasn't a jock or hanging out with the other juice heads out on campus. But here he was sitting alone with a notebook in hand scribbling down who knows what.

 

“So, what are you staring at?” questioned a voice causing the blonde jump.

 

“Geez Tiffany, can’t you just approach me without scaring me? And this is a library keep your voice down!” shouted the blonde in a loud whisper.

 

“S-Sorry… Anyways you've been staring out the window for awhile now… what’s so interesting about the outside?”

 

“I don’t know look for yourself,” shrugged Jessica.

 

“Ooh… were you staring at the guy?” smiled Tiffany mischievously.

 

“I’d be lying if I said no… but anyways do you know who he is?”

 

“I’d be lying if I said no…” mocked Tiffany, “but yes, I do know who he is. He’s Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“How do you know him and I don’t?”

 

The brunette cleared . “Well you see Jessie, if you went with me to my dad’s company picnic’s you would have met him already.”

 

Jessica nodded as she turned her gaze back at the mystery boy. Something about him was quite intriguing and wanting to know more.

 

“He’s a good friend of mine, but I think you shouldn't get close with him.” frowned Tiffany.

 

“It’s not like I was going to befriend him anyways… but why?”

 

“Well… you see, you’re a Jung….”

 

“What does me being a Jung have to do with him?” questioned Jessica giving the brunette a glare.

 

The younger girl stared at the older girl with fear. She did not mean to offend her very own best friend. “What I’m trying to say is… your parents and the Kwons despises the Kim family most importantly, Kim Taeyeon himself.”

 

The blonde cocked an eyebrow gesturing the brunette to continue. ”Your cousin, Yoona, was rumored to be pregnant by no other than Kim Taeyeon. And when Yoona had given the news to Taeyeon he simply brushed it off and walked away. When Yoona told her family or your family. They were outraged with Taeyeon. Taeyeon had tried telling them the child wasn’t his, but Yoona said nothing… so the Kwon Family and your parents despise him to no end. Since it brought a bad name toward both families.

 

It took awhile for the information to sink thoroughly into Jessica’s mind. “How come you know about this and I don’t?”

 

“Well during when this whole thing happened you and your sister were studying abroad. And Taeyeon lives with my family… well used to… well during the time of the fight. Honestly, if your family found out we housed Taeyeon or even have contact with Taeyeon, they’d also hate us. But we don’t say anything since our dad’s are college friends and you and I are childhood besties.”

 

“Well… how come you’ve never told me about him?” questioned Jessica. Facts she had never heard before become more and more interesting, and she was dying to find out more.

 

“I didn't feel like I needed to, plus I wouldn't want our friendship to go down the drain because of a stupid misunderstanding with him and your family.”

 

“Stupid misunderstanding…?” Jessica was now confused, “How is this a misunderstanding when MY dear cousin got pregnant.”

 

“Because the child isn't his!” exclaimed Tiffany causing people to shush at her. She bowed her head and continued her explanation. “It isn't his… he and by he I mean Taeyeon, doesn't believe in before marriage. He’s innocent I tell you.”

 

“Then whose is it?” questioned the blonde. Jessica found herself moving closer and closer to the edge of the chair, curiosity was starting to get to her.

 

The young brunette looked to her side before bringing herself closer to the blonde’s ear.

 

“It’s Yul’s baby.”

 

A bomb was dropped, and Jessica’s mind exploded. The blonde peered out the window and stared at the lone figure. Pity began to fill her. The poor man who is hated by Korea’s richest family, for no reason, was being hated on. Due to a misunderstanding that was never cleared up. Her heart ached with the thought, her parents with a lot of money… could do anything to ruin a poor guy like him.

 

Jessica would go home and march up to her parent’s office and tell them that Kim Taeyeon was an innocent fellow the whole time. But she had no right to. First she isn't suppose to know about this whole entire incident. And second why would she defend him when she doesn’t even know Kim Taeyeon personally.

 

“Y-Yul’s baby?!” exclaimed the blonde causing numerous people to shush her. She bowed and sat back down in her chair waiting for another explanation.

 

“Yoona was cheating on Taeyeon from the start. She was using him as a cover up, since both Yoona and Yul are step siblings. Taeyeon knew though, but he fell in love with her… but Yoong getting pregnant was way too much for him to cover.” sighed the brunette.

 

“Taeyeon knew? Damn, what a twist. “

The brunette nodded. “The Kwons and your parents don’t want an explanation. They think they’re right… It’s both Yoona’s and Yul’s fault that poor innocent Taeyeon is living in this hell hole.” she frowned.

 

The blonde looked around. “Is there anything else about Taeyeon?”

 

“Well he lives in an apartment near by… lives with his younger sister Seohyun… but to Seohyun, Taeyeon is her father…”

 

“Just them two?” questioned Jessica. “But why does she think Taeyeon is her father?

 

“Yep… parents died in an accident the year of the whole problem…”

 

“Is that so? Poor Taeyeon…” frowned the blonde.

 

As the older girl turned to look out the window, hoping to see a glimpse of the young lad, but to her dismay the young man was no where to be seen. Where he once sat was now replaced by touchy couple who simply couldn’t keep their faces off each other. Quickly shaking her head to clear her thoughts she looked up at her best friend with a smile.

 

“Well enough about him, you hungry? Lets go eat. Your treat.” smiled the blonde gathering her things.

 

“Wait why MY treat?” pouted Tiffany.

 

“Because one, you distracted me from studying. Two, you told me something about someone who I do not know about. Something probably personal too.”

 

“Well you were checking him out… Plus he has something to do with YOUR family.”

 

“True, but oh well… Lets go. I’m hungry.” she said walking off.

 

As the two best friends were making their way toward a white BMW, a figure in a black v-neck and a leather jacket walked up to them.

 

“Fany~ah.” called the figure.

 

“Tae?” said the brunette turning.

 

The figure by the nickname Tae smiled at the girl holding his arms out. As for the brunette her eyes disappeared when she smiled and ran up to the young man pulling him into a tight embrace. As for the blonde she awkwardly watched them exchange greetings. And for some reason, for the very first time, she felt bitter over her best friend being intimate with a guy.

 

“So… Tiffany. Appa said he wanted to have dinner with us. You, me, Seohyun, and I guess your friend can come.” smiled Taeyeon putting his arm around the young girl.

 

The brunette turned to her best friend. “So Jesse, want to have dinner with us?”

 

“Sure why not? Should I give you guys a ride there?” questioned the blonde pulling out her keys.

 

“Erm… I could… Just take the bus. Thanks though.” smiled Taeyeon, politely turning down the offer.

 

“I insist.”

 

“It’s okay. I still need to pick up my little sis…er daughter”

 

“Then we’ll pick her up on our way.” insisted Jessica.

 

Taeyeon let out a chuckle. “You’re quite persistent aren’t you?”

 

“Maybe.” giggled the blonde. “But seriously though, get in. I’ll drive you guys.”

 

“Thanks,” chorused Tiffany and Taeyeon as they got into the car.

 

The car ride was silent until the young lad finally spoke up. “I-I haven’t formally introduced myself. I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

 

The blonde looked at Taeyeon through the rear view mirror. “Nice to meet you. I’m Jessica. Jessica Jung.”

 

The smile on Taeyeon’s face faded away and silence filled the car. The atmosphere became odd & somewhat tense. The brunette who couldn’t stand the awkward atmosphere finally spoke up.

 

“Tae… don’t worry. She’s on our side.” the brunette said as she gave the lad a reassuring smile.

 

Jessica turned to the backseat at a red light. “Don’t worry I won’t say anything to my parents. And don’t worry I won’t blame you for Yoona’s disappearance.”

 

A sigh of relief escaped Taeyeon’s lips as he returned Jessica’s heartfelt smile. “Thanks, but how do you know about the problem? I don’t remember seeing you at the Jung and Kwon Manor.”

 

“Tiffany here is quite the loud mouth.” chuckled the girl earning her a punch and a pout from the younger girl.

 

“I guess you know about Seohyun too?” He looked at Jessica, who gave him a nod in return. “I can never tell you a secret, can’t I?” teased Taeyeon ruffling Tiffany’s hair.

 

“Oppa!” squealed the brunette fixing her hair. “It’s not my fault someone was checking you out and was curious.” she mumbled inaudibly.

 

“Did you say something Miyoung?”

 

“No… and stop using that name to call me!” she pouted.

 

“I like that name. It’s cute. Haha.”

 

“Oh shush you big baboon.”

 

As the BMW came to a stop all three college students ended up getting out of the car. With Taeyeon in the lead they walked into a modern looking building. The two girls silently followed the older lad through a building, to a door with pictures of little kids on it, and a welcome sign on it. Taeyeon knocked on the door and a young looking woman opened the door.

 

“Taeyeon-shi.” smiled the young woman.

 

“IU-Shi… I came to pick up Seohyun for the day.” he smiled.

 

Jessica watched Taeyeon share words with the pre-school teacher, and she could’ve sworn the teacher blushed when Taeyeon smiled at her. Then she felt Tiffany nudge her forward and the two walked closer to Taeyeon. Before they knew it, a young little girl in a pink dress came running towards Taeyeon with a picture in her tiny little hand.

 

“Ap-pa!” smiled the little girl asking to be carried.

 

As Taeyeon picked the little girl up the young child the little girl shoved the picture in the latter’s face.

 

“What is this?” smiled Taeyeon.

 

“A picture of me and appa!” the little girl exclaimed.

 

A chuckle escaped the older boy’s lips, before giving the girl a kiss on the cheek. “Aw… It’s cute. Thank You.”

 

The brunette standing next to Taeyeon hid behind Taeyeon and poked the young girl’s shoulder.

 

“P-Pany Unnie!” exclaimed the little girl as she reached for the brunette.

 

“Hello there Seohyun!” smiled Tiffany taking Seohyun from Taeyeon.

 

The blonde who was standing meters away, watched Tiffany and Taeyeon interact with the little girl. Her heart ached at bit from the sight. The three of them looked like a happy family. A sigh escaped her lips, she felt like the third wheel.

 

Taeyeon who caught a glimpse of Jessica, took Seohyun from Tiffany. Carrying the young girl, he walked towards the blonde.

 

“Seohyunnie, meet my new friend Jessica unnie.” smiled Taeyeon pointing to Jessica. Then the lad turned to Jessica. “Jessica… I’d like you to meet my one and only daughter” he introduced. “Seohyun. Say hello to your Jessica Unnie.”

 

“Hewwwoo.” smiled the young girl waving.

 

“Hi there.” giggled Jessica gently pinching the girl’s cheek.

 

 

 

[ - - - ]

 

All four of them filed out of the pre-school. Since Seohyun didn’t have a car seat both of the older girls had decided they would sit in the back seat and watch her.

 

“Drive carefully. Scratch my car, you’re dead.” said Jessica half jokingly as she handed her car keys to Taeyeon.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll drive super fast then.” chuckled Taeyeon taking the keys.

 

“Yah!”

 

A chuckle was heard as Taeyeon went to go get the car. Rain had started to pour down, so the three girls stood in silence. Jessica who is eyeing Taeyeon’s younger sister, watched her rock back and forth from her heels then to her toes. When she saw her car pull into a stop in front of them, she felt a hand grab on to her fingers. Looking surprised she stared at the little girl before her.

 

“C’mon girls!” called Taeyeon opening the back door.

 

With Taeyeon leading the way they made their way inside the car. Tiffany sat behind the driver seat, Seohyun was seated in the middle, and Jessica sad behind the passenger seat. Once Taeyeon got into the driver he turned and face Seohyun.

 

“Seatbelts.” he smiled buckling himself in.

 

Jessica smiled at Taeyeon’s concern over Seohyun ’s safety. But setting a good example for the little girl, both the Korean Americans fastened their seatbelts as well. It felt rather awkward wearing seatbelts in the rear though… well for the blonde, since whenever she’s in the back she wouldn’t usually wear a seatbelt at all. But she had to set an example for the little one.

 

The ride was nice and pleasant. Seohyun was more talkative than Jessica thought she was. To her she found it quite charming that despite all the problems Taeyeon was going through, he showed a positive side toward his “daughter”. She quietly watched Seohyun blabber on and on while Taeyeon replied to her nonsense, even Tiffany joined in as well. And once again she felt bitter.

 

As the car stopped at a curb, Taeyeon had cut off the engine and made his way to the back door. Pulling off his leather jacket, he quickly covered his “daughter” and sped walked toward a fancy looking restaurant. With both Tiffany and Jessica in tow, a beep was heard signaling Taeyeon had locked the car. When the two girls had arrived, Jessica pulled the door open for the others to enter.

 

“Twank Woo.” smiled Seohyun.

 

“No problem…”

 

Talking to the waitress, Taeyeon led them toward a secluded area. As they arrived, a middle aged looking man sat down with a menu blocking his view. Taeyeon placed Seohyun down, and the little girl ran to the man.

 

“Gwandpa!” exclaimed Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun~ah!” greeted the man placing the menu down.

 

“Gwanpa!” smiled Seohyun asking to be carried.

 

The middle age man picked the young girl up. Placing her on his lap, he turned and faced his daughter, Taeyeon, and a guest. His eyes widened when he realized who the guess was.

 

“J-Jessica…” stuttered Mr. Hwang.

 

“A-Appa, don’t worry she’s on our side.” smiled Taeyeon pulling a chair out for Jessica.

 

Jessica nodded, “I won’t tell my father…”

 

“Very well then. Let’s all have a seat and order dinner.”

 

All five of them sat in a circle. Going clockwise it was Mr. Hwang, Tiffany, Seohyun, Taeyeon, then Jessica. Once they had made their orders the food came not too long afterwards.

 

“Soo, Taeyeon… how’s college?” questioned Mr. Hwang.

 

“Very good sir.”

 

Silence filled the table. Mr. Hwang eyed the young adults in front of him. Since one young Jung is on their side now… he thought of a way to prove that the dear boy is truly innocent.

 

“So Jessica, I presume my daughter is the one who told you the whole situation…yes?” taking a glance at his daughter.

 

“A-Ah… yes s-sir….” stuttered Jessica.

 

A sigh escaped his lips. The table was a little tense to the young adults, well of course except for the little girl who was busy drawing with crayons. “I think your family’s hatred has gone enough… Jessica would you help our dear Taeyeon with his problem?”

 

The question shocked all three young adults. The brunette was a bit bewildered. “B-but appa… last time I told you about asking for Jessica’s help you declined the thought, for you thought it was ludicrous.”

 

“Well I’ve changed my mind, seeing Jessica has befriended Taeyeon,” he continued to stare at each of the three young adults. “Even though Kang Dae is one of my closest friends… I simply cannot have him, not letting Taeyeon explain himself. Do you know why he despises the Kim Family? Why he won’t even let him explain?”

 

“Why sir?” questioned Jessica.

 

“Because… back in the days. Kang Dae, TaeSun who is Taeyeon’s father, and I were the bestest friends.” a gasp was heard from the brunette. Despite that she was gossip girl, it was new information she had never heard of before. Same goes for Taeyeon. He didn’t even know that his father was a good friend of Mr. Jung’s. “Anyways, we were a well knit group. Until TaeSun announce he was dating Sohyun, Taeyeon’s mother. Apparently Kang Dae also loved her too… but Taesun knew. It was a battle to win Sohyun’s heart, but TaeSun obviously won.”

 

“My father loved Taeyeon’s mother?” questioned Jessica with wide eyes. Now that was something that was quite… well shocking to know. That her own father had a thing for Taeyeon’s mother.

 

“Yes…In your family… SooJin, your mother was the one who confessed to your father. It was the time of his depression when she did. SooJin wanted Kang Dae to use her so he would forget. Through out their little sessions, your father eventually did fall in love with your mother. So don’t think you and your sister were made because your father used your mother.” explained Mr. Hwang taking a sip of his water.

 

“Interesting… my parents didn’t talk about their love story.”

 

“Well now you know.” smiled Mr. Hwang.

 

“But if you don’t mind me asking, Taeyeon.” started Jessica turning her gaze to the short haired brunette who was feeding Seohyun.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“How do you even know Yoona or Yul?”

 

Jessica saw Taeyeon’s body tense up. She quickly added, “You don’t have to answer… I won’t force you to.”

 

“It’s okay I guess. I may like to keep things inside, but I trust you.” reassured Taeyeon staring into Jessica’s eyes.

 

The blonde couldn’t help but blush at their brief eye contact. Taeyeon’s dark brown orbs showed sincerity in his words, that he really did trust her. Despite the fact they had just met a few hours ago.

 

“Well Yul a year younger than us. Right? Well… School year wise.”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“I was just a sophomore at that time… no a junior. And those two were both Sophomores I think. Yul and I were very good friends because of football. One day he asked me if I could be a cover up… and of course I asked what for. He told me had fallen in love with his step sister. I rejected at first, but Yoona was one of my favorite dongsaengs… so I agreed. I met Yoona through Yul… he took her to all the football games.”

 

The blond nodded. Taeyeon’s gazed moved from Seohyun to Jessica. “I ended up falling for her… Yoona I mean… but it wouldn’t work. Yoona’s heart was Yul’s. I was fine with it until Yoona told me she was pregnant during my senior year. I couldn’t cover that up… it was just too much.”

 

“I’m really sorry they dragged you into this mess. You don’t deserve to be hated by my family…” frowned Jessica.

 

“It’s okay… My pride has been tainted, and people have been avoiding me. After the incident, Yul told everyone I Yoona… which caused people to always steer clear. But it’s all good. I have to focus on my studies and job to raise Seohyun. Plus, I have the Hwang family there for me.” sighed Taeyeon.

 

“Well you have me now too.” smiled Jessica.

 

Mr. Hwang watched the two young adults share a nice meaningful conversation. He felt happy for Taeyeon that he had befriended a Jung without much effort. He was quite surprised Jessica and Taeyeon clicked since, Jessica wasn’t the type of person to befriend others.

 

 

 

 

 

[ - - - ]


 

It’s been two weeks since dinner, and Jessica found herself communicating with Taeyeon practically almost everyday. Actually every day at night and in the morning, with a few texts in the middle. Every morning, as she woke up at the same time everyday. She’d receive a good morning text from Taeyeon telling her to take care today and that they’ll meet up at their now usual spot to meet.

 

 

 

 

 

[To: MungTaeng]

 

YAH! WHERE ARE YOU?!

Don’t keep a lady waiting.

 

[From: Jessica]

 

After the blonde had sent the text, she sat down at a nearest bench and waited. It wasn’t before long a figure with a cap covering his face came popping himself down beside her.

 

“S-Sorry… my… teacher… wanted…. to…. talk… and…. then… I… lost… track of… time… plus… I… dropped my wallet… so… I…. had… to… go… back… and…. look…. for… it.” panted Taeyeon wiping the sweat off with his sleeve.

 

“It’s okay. Did you find your wallet?” questioned Jessica.

 

Taeyeon shook his head. “It wasn’t in any of… my classes So I guess I won’t be having lunch today.”

 

“I’ll get you lunch.” smiled Jessica.

 

“Uh no… I can eat at home. I’m not really that hungry.”

 

“Shut up. You know you’re hungry, c’mon lets go.” said Jessica pulling Taeyeon up on his feet.

 

“Aish… Seriously Sica. I can eat at home.”

 

“Be quiet. Listen to what I say.”

 

“Fine…..”

 

 

 

 

[ - - - ]

 

Taeyeon was patiently waiting for Jessica to return when a group of boys “accidentally” ran into him. Taeyeon pulled himself together and turned around. It wasn’t a surprise 11when he realized who his offender was. Anger began to rise but he knew better.

 

“Why are you here? Looking for more girls to ?”

 

“Go away Yul. You know I didn’t her.” scoffed Taeyeon.

 

“Don’t lie Kim Taeyeon. My sister got pregnant, and you were going out with her that time.”

 

“Just cause we were going out during that time doesn’t mean that it’s my child.” said Taeyeon. He simply walked away causing Yul to become more angry.

 

“You calling my sister a cheater?” yelled Yul causing people to turn their attention to them.

 

Taeyeon clenched his fist. Yul is doing it again. Trying to make him look bad. What angered him the most was that he was making a scene in a crowded place. The latter could only take breathes before replying.

 

“Nope. You’re the one who said it.”

 

And before they knew it. Taeyeon was pushed down to the ground. Yul flipped Taeyeon over. Before Taeyeon knew it, Yul was landing hits on his face.

 

Blood was now dripping down from Taeyeon’s nose. Pain was felt everywhere. As Taeyeon’s head was punched to the left, he made eye contact with no other than Jessica. With the brief eye contact, Jessica somehow understood what Taeyeon was trying to tell her with his eyes. Which of course was to ‘Stay Away’.

 

Jessica knew it. If she had came running down to Taeyeon’s aid, her good for nothing cousin would snitch to his father. And then his father will tell her father. Not only will Jessica be punished, but Taeyeon’s little conflict with her family will become worse. She quickly pulled out her phone and dialed someone.

 

And in minutes a brunette came running towards the blonde. Jessica pointed to the scene of Taeyeon severely injured. The brunette’s eyes widened and motioned someone to her. A tall lean fit guy came walking towards them the brunette pointed to Taeyeon and the mystery man nodded. The two Korean Americans just stood there to watch.

 

The mystery man towered over Yul. Getting a firm grip on Yul’s shoulder he easily pried him off. By doing so, it had added more to Yul’s anger. Just as he was going to throw a hit onto the guy’s face, he stopped himself. His eyes widened when he realized who the intruder was, causing him to back away.

 

“Live him alone. Scram.”

 

Yul quickly bowed and ran off, leaving an injured yet bloody Taeyeon on the ground.

 

Jessica was a bit surprised that Yul quickly ran away. Watching Yul’s retreating body, she questioned why he feared the mystery man. As Yul’s body had disappeared, she turned to look at Taeyeon. The poor guy was now being carried by Tiffany’s friend. With a nudge both Jessica and Tiffany followed him.

 

It wasn’t before long they had arrived at a nearest infirmary. But to their dismay, the room was empty. Too tired to look for another infirmary, the man holding Taeyeon laid him down. Jessica quickly got some wet paper towels and wiped Taeyeon’s blooded face. Taeyeon, who got a good beating, was unconscious, which made clean up a bit easier.

 

Sliding an alcohol swab across a bleeding scar, Taeyeon flinched which caused Jessica to retreat her hands. She mumbled a sorry and carefully finished treating the scar. After bandaging the poor Taeyeon up, Jessica left and got some water for Taeyeon with some pain relievers.

Tiffany and her friend, the name of Ok Taecyeon , had bid themselves goodbye. While the blonde had decided that she should stay behind and wait for Taeyeon to wake up. As Jessica had shut the door behind her, she took a chair and sat herself down beside the sleeping figure.

 

The blonde took this time to look over Taeyeon’s features. Her eyes trailed from his defined jaw line, up to his eyebrows, down to his closed eyes, down to his nose, which she found very adorable. Then her eyes landed down to his pink yet soft looking lips. She felt her heat rise in cheeks with the sight of his lips. She covered her cheeks with her palms and shook away any thoughts.

 

“Aigoo.. What has gotten into you?” she whispered to herself.

 

A sigh escaped her lips as she eyed Taeyeon’s scars. She traced her index finger, ever so gently, on the scar on Taeyeon’s left eyebrow. With her touch, she felt Taeyeon stir. Which made the latter freeze in place. She slowly retreated her arm back onto her lap. A sigh escaped her lips as she continued to gaze at Taeyeon.

 

“I’m sorry my family is treating you like this… but I promise… I’ll never treat you the way they’re treating you…” Jessica whispered in Taeyeon’s ear as she brushed away a few strands of hair.

 

“I’ll never be harsh on you…Never.”

 

Those were her last words before she succumbed to sleep. There Jessica slept with her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder patiently waiting for the latter to awaken.