The Surprise

Noblesse Dans L'amour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I’m back in Genoa. But I left my heart in Xehonort Island. I died that day.

 

“Chaerin, are you okay? You’re not in your usual self since you came back from your vacation.” My Father worriedly asked me while we’re having dinner. “Are you sick? Some thing’s bothering you? Tell me.”

 

I smiled bitterly.

 

“I just fell in love Father. For the first time in my life, I fell in love with an amazing woman. But she left before I did.”

 

“I’m sorry about that my child.”

 

“She left telling me to do what I am supposed to do in the first place.”

 

“You were willing to give up everything for her then.”

 

I was surprised at what he said.

 

“She knew that you’re willing to give up everything for her. That’s why she left.”

 

“Father…”

 

“I understand what you’re feeling right now, my dear child. But I’m afraid she’s right. That woman, she’s a smart one. A woman with dignity and honor.”

 

“Yeah, she’s a goddess. A smart, perfect goddess. She loves to read about royalties.” I smiled remembering her. “If only she is with a royal blood.”

 

“I can see that you really love her. This is the first time I saw your eyes glittering when talking about someone. But I can also see sadness in those eyes.”

 

I chuckled. “Yeah. I love her so much. But my responsibility comes first.”

 

I heard my Father took a deep breathe.

 

“Life is unfair. People come to our life to teach us some lessons." I know my father is hurting too, seeing me like this. "Thank you, my child. ”

 

I nodded in response. When what I really wanted to do is cry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sulking in my room after a week, I decided to go to Sephiro to visit my soon-to-be-wife. We’ll start preparing for the wedding.

 

“Hi Chaerin. How was your vacation?” Princess Bom asked me when we were alone in one of the modern patio in the palace.

 

“Good. I had fun.”

 

“Nice to know. You need that before settling down.” She said sipping her tea.

 

“Yeah, learned my lesson the hard way though.”

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“Nothing, I said I learned a lot during my vacation.”

 

She nodded, trying to convince herself with my answer.

 

“Oh, by the way, I want you to meet my younger sister. She just came from a vacation too.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Are you really like that?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“The first time I saw you, you were not like this Chaerin. You were so positive, so warm then. What happened during your vacation Chae? What made you become so cold?”

 

“Chae.” It’s different. The way she says my name, it’s different. There’s no spark, no butterflies in my stomach.

 

“Nothing happened. I’m just tired maybe.” Forcing a smile so she won’t worry anymore.

 

She nodded and looked at her phone. “She’s here.”

 

I heard footsteps from behind me. Bom went to the person who just arrived.

 

“Chaerin, I want you to meet my sister.” She happily said. I stood from my seat and face them.

 

And there she is. The sister Bom was talking about. She’s indeed a beauty, like her sister. They kind of look similar in some ways.

 

“Chaerin, this is Byul. And dear sister, this is my soon-to-be-wife, Lady Chaerin of Genoa.”

 

“Hi, Lady Chaerin.” The younger princess greeted me.

 

I smiled at her. “Nice to finally meet you, Your Highness.” I took and kissed her hand. "Please omit the Lady, please call me Chaerin."

 

"Very well." she said. “So you’re the unlucky one. I just hope you can control my sister’s craziness. You see, she’s 8 dimensional.”

 

“Yah! Watch your mouth young lady. I’m older than you.”

 

“And crazier than me.” She teased. I’m glad they lightened my mood.

 

“How’s your vacation Princess Byul? Princess Bom told me you just came from a vacation.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter