Love and Destiny

Love and Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

London, UK.

St. James's park look not crowded this afternoon, only a few mothers who bring their children to see pelicans and a beautiful lake in the park. Autumn this year is colder than last year. Was seen a young woman who wearing black jeans, white loose t-shirt, and coat. That young woman was sitting on a park bench on the edge of the lake. She saw a quiet lake blankly. Her left hand caressed her belly that looks big a bit while crying.

Seo Joohyun, a 25-year-old woman who was continuing her master of law at Imperial College in London. Imperial College is one of the best universities in the world. Joohyun is a genius woman, so she got a scholarship to continue her studies at Imperial College.

On the other hand, look a man who was drawing the views of the lake that looks so beautiful and pelicans that flying above it. The man was sitting on the grass under the big tree that the leaves of the tree were seen falling.

Jung Yonghwa, a 27-years-old man. He is an architect who from Busan. He was on holiday in London for 2 weeks. He has an office that so famous in Busan. He was a hard worker who works until late at night every day during this time, therefore he chose to take a long holiday to relieve his stress.

Yonghwa looked around the park, his eyes stopped at the woman who was pensive on the edge of the lake. As if fascinated by the first sight, he didn’t take his eyes from that figure. He saw that woman's face whose looks so pretty with long black hair. She wasn’t wearing thick make up but still looks beautiful. She has the round eyes look swollen a bit. Occasionally visible her hair was blown by the wind that quite strong. This is the third day Yonghwa looked that woman in the park.

Suddenly she is hitting her belly and yelling like a mad man. She looked so frustrated. Who knows what the problem that she faced and made her did it.

 "Stop it!" Yonghwa grabbed her wrist and held it tightly so she stopped hitting her belly.

"Who are you? It’s not your business!!" She tried to release her hand.

Then she walked away left him. Yonghwa just saw her go. He knows his feeling is wrong. He fell in love with her since he saw her at this park 3 days ago. He is falling in love with her at the first sight. He knows this feeling is wrong because he already has a fiancée in Busan, who 3 months lately became his fiancée.

Without her knowing, Yonghwa followed where she go. She into the coffee shops which is located not far from St. James's park. He follows her from behind. He felt so sorry to see her condition who looked frustrated and always crying in the park.

"Why are you following me?" Joohyun looked annoyed when she saw Yonghwa was sitting beside her. He don’t know why he did it. He didn’t bear to let her alone.

"I just—just want to accompany you. You look was facing a big problem. Moreover, we come from the same country. Are you from Korea? Right?" Yonghwa smiled at her but she ignored him.

"I'm Jung Yonghwa, but you can call me Yonghwa." Yonghwa is giving his right hand to her but she still ignored him. She is sipping a cup of hot coffee in front of her.

Yonghwa pulled back his hand. His eyes looked on a white folder with a logo of London Hospital above it that there beside her hand.

"Are you sick?" Yonghwa asked Joohyun as he is staring her eyes.

"No."

"And then? What the problem are you facing so that you look so sad like this?" Yonghwa feels so curious.

"What I was facing is not your business!!" Joohyun really feels annoyed. She stood up and ready to go. But Yonghwa stopped her, he gripped her wrist tightly. And this time she can’t release her hand from him.

"What do you want?!" Joohyun shouted. She stared at him sharply.

"Tell me everything. What the problems are you facing? Maybe I can help you."

"I don’t need your help!" Joohyun tried to pull her hands from him, but he increasingly tightened the grip of her.

"Seo Joohyun!" Yonghwa knows her name because he saw her name on the folder that he had seen before. Finallly he was able to call the name of the woman who is disturbing his mind lately.

"Is it true that you could help me? IS IT TRUE??! Can you be a father of my baby who is inside my belly? Can you??! Tell me!!" She is shouting louder and makes the people around them look at her strangely. She really looks frustrated.

Yonghwa was silent. He didn’t know what he should to say. No wonder she really looks frustrated. He pulled her out of the coffee shop. She struggled, she pulled her hand, but she couldn’t, he gripped her wrist so tightly. He brought her to the park again. They both sat on a park bench but they are just silent.

"I’m pregnant. I just found out a week ago. My boyfriend doesn’t want to be responsible and I don’t know where he is now. I really confused." Finally Joohyun can tell the problem that she was facing to the man who she had just know less than an hour ago.

"How many months of your pregnancy?" He saw her face who sitting beside him.

"3 months."

"What do you want to do now?"

"I wanted to have an abortion. I've talked to the doctor. He was willing to do it because he knows that this baby will grow without a father." Her eyes filled with tears. She clenched her hands tightly.

He so surprised because what her said, but he also can’t do anything to help her. He sees her face that looks so pale. She just lowered her head.

"Why do you want to have an abortion?" Yonghwa asked softly.

"Because.. I have to go back to Seoul on this weekend. My parents asked me to go back for winter this year. If my father knew I was pregnant, he must be so angry with me. I don’t want to him feel upset and feel shame because of me. I’m an only child of my parents. My father is a judge. What would people say if the child of a judge was pregnant before married? I’ll ruin the good name of my family. I don’t want to imagine if that to happen to my family." Her tears fell one by one on her cheeks.

Yonghwa didn’t bear to see her cry. He can't do anything besides rubbed her back gently while she is crying. He knew at least it can ease the burden inside her heart.

"I can’t see a woman cry. So.. Stop crying."

"Thank you've listened to my problem." Joohyun wiped her tears on her cheeks.

"It’s okay. Sorry I can’t help you."

"It's okay. I must go home now. The doctor told me to take a rest before surgery tomorrow. Goodbye." She stood up and bowed to him.

Joohyun is walking quickly left him alone who was still sitting on a park bench. He saw her getting away from him. There’s a strange feeling inside his heart. He knew that after today probably he wouldn’t be able to meet her again.

"Seo Joohyun!" He ran to catch her. Joohyun stopped her steps when she heard him who called her loudly.

"I'll confess to your parent that I was the father of your baby." Yonghwa said. He stands behind her. Joohyun felt like her heart stopped beating immediately, felt dry. Even she doesn’t reverse her body to see him.

"I don’t need your help. You don’t need to help me. Thank you for your kindness." Joohyun continued her steps.

"Seo Joohyun.. I'm serious. I'll face your father. I'll confess to him that I was the father of your baby." He grabbed her wrist and made her stopped.

"Jung Yonghwa-sshi .. Do you know the risk that you will face later? My father doesn’t let you go. Even the worse thing is he would force you to marry me. Do you think so far?" She stared at his eyes.

"I know.. But we can think about this later. The important thing is you’re not alone to face your parents." Yonghwa said seriously. His face also looks serious. No one who knows what is in his mind so he did like this.

She didn’t respond to what he said. She just stared at him. Her tears are dripping down again on her cheeks. Yonghwa increasingly didn’t bear to see her condition like this. He wanted to wipe her tears, but he can’t, he just let her crying in front of him.

 

Seoul

Joohyun opened the door hesitantly. She looked so nervous. She needed a few minutes to gather the courage to face her parents, especially his father, who is so firm.

"Eomma.. Appa.." She is into the home. She looked around but her home looks so quite.

"Hyunnie..!!" Her mother came from the kitchen and approached her.

"Eomma.." Joohyun hugged her mother tightly. Jihyo also hugged her daughter, even more tightly.

"Why don’t you tell me or your dad if you arrive today, so I can pick you up at the airport." Jihyo releases her daughter. She caressed Joohyun’s cheeks and Joohyun’s hair gently.

"I wanted to surprise you and Appa.." Joohyun smiled at her mother, but inside her heart there’s a guilt feeling and she was really nervous.

"Is he one of the surprises would you give?" Jihyo sees a male figure who standing beside Joohyun.

Joohyun was received Yonghwa’s help. He forced her to receive his help constantly. Yonghwa is willing to confess that he is the father of her baby. They agreed to ‘act’ like this for 2 months. Just 2 months, during Joohyun spend her holiday in Seoul, after that they agreed to back to their lives.

Yonghwa knows that his decision is a big mistake. He shouldn’t be willing to be the father of her baby who is not his son while he already has a fiancee.

"I’m Jung Yonghwa." Yonghwa bowed politely to Jihyo.

"Who is he, Hyun?" Jihyo smiled at Yonghwa. He smiled back at her.

"He is—“ Joohyun haltingly.

"HYUN!! My daughter!!" Seo Daewook, her father, approached them in the living room. Joohyun is increasingly nervous seeing her father who walking toward them. Yonghwa saw Joohyun’s face is getting pale.

"Appa.." Joohyun hugged her father tightly. Daewook looks so excited to see her daughter again. He smiled broadly.

"Who is he?" Daewook noticed Yonghwa. Yonghwa bowed to Daewook as smiling at him. But Daewook just ignored him.

"Yeobo.. He is Jung Yonghwa. He is the boyfriend of our daughter." Jihyo said jokingly.

Joohyun and Yonghwa looked increasingly nervous. They don’t know what to say to her parents. All the words that been prepared by her immediately lost after seeing his father's face.

They sat in the living room. Joohyun and Yonghwa are sitting facing her parents. They looked at each other. Joohyun seen can’t say anything to her parents while Yonghwa just waiting for her to start talking to her parents

"Appa.. Eomma.. He is Jung Yonghwa. He is—he is my boyfriend." Joohyun said haltingly.

Immediately Daewook saw Yonghwa’s face sharply. He saw Yonghwa from head to toe. He saw Yonghwa who looks messy. Yonghwa is just wearing brown jeans, a white shirt, and green sneakers. He feels uncomfortable because of Daewook’s gaze.

"You must be kidding, Hyun! Look at him! He is a man who is so messy! He doesn’t deserve a genius woman like you! I never bless your relationship with a man like him!" Daewook said highly. Joohyun knew that Yonghwa is not the man who her father wanted to become her husband.

"Appa.. But I'm pregnant.. This is his baby.. We will never be apart." Joohyun said with a trembling voice.

"WHAT??!! Seo Joohyun, are you realize what you say??!" Daewook stunned hearing her words. Not only Daewook but also Jihyo. She covered with her hands. They really don’t believe that their child who they proud of was pregnant.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Seo. But what was Joohyun said is true. She was pregnant. And that baby is my child." Yonghwa said firmly. He managed his nervous.

"I’M NOT TALKING WITH YOU!! I talk with my daughter!!" Daewook shouted at Yonghwa. and then he stood up and pulled Joohyun’s hand. Daewook bring her into her room.

SLAP.. SLAP..

Daewook stopped. Joohyun looked at his face. She really scared. Daewook slapped her cheeks hardly. His face looks so angry. Joohyun caresses her cheeks that hurt. Yonghwa ran to them after hearing the sound of a slap on her cheek. Yonghwa helps Joohyun who fell on the floor to stand, her tears didn’t stop dripping.

"Mr. Seo.. This is not her fault, but my fault. I beg you, don’t hurt her anymore, if you want to wreak your anger, you can hit me. You can hit me all you want, but not with her.." Yonghwa is standing in front Joohyun, as if to protect her from her father.

SLAP..SLAP..

Daewook slapped Yonghwa’s cheeks harder than the slap that he gave to Joohyun. Yonghwa caressed his cheek. The corner of his lips was bleed. Daewook really wreak his anger. He couldn’t control his anger anymore. Jihyo embraced him as if to calm him.

"Do you want to make me embarrassed in the rest of my life??!! HAH??!! I teach things that are good for you during this time. I’m giving the best education for you. But why did you repay me with this??!!"

"Appa.. I’m sorry.." Joohyun just can say it.

Daewook is gripping their wrist. He dragged them both to the second floor and forcing them into the Joohyun’s room.

"You two shouldn’t be out of this room before get married!!" Daewook leaves her room and locked the door. He let Joohyun and Yonghwa inside Joohyun’s room.

Joohyun is sitting at the edge of her bed while Yonghwa is still standing near the door. He was uncomfortable a bit. He didn’t know about Joohyun’s life and now he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter