How it Starts

Desperation

Ricky was shocked. No other word could describe what he felt at the moment.

 

Of course, he had known about Changjo and Cho Eun. Changjo had told him the minute they became an item. As if that hadn't been hurtful enough to Ricky, now this just added salt to his unhealed wounds.

 

You see, Ricky had had a crush on Changjo for years now, ever since they first met. Only problem was that Changjo was as straight as a stick.

 

Ricky couldn't believe how delusional he had been when he thought that Changjo wouldn't find someone he loved enough to actually start dating nor did he think that it would go as far as engagement.

 

That was mostly the reason he was sitting in the living room of their dorm, a bottle of soju in his hand. Several empty bottles littered the floor next to him.

 

”Ricky-ya! What are you doing? I thought you went to bed like, hours ago. It's four in the freakin' morning!!!” A voice could be heard, though Ricky didn't pay much attention. As long as it wasn't the source of his problem he wouldn't care who it was.

 

”Yah! Changhyunnie!!! I'm talking to you! Are you even listening to me?!” The voice again said, this time right in front of Ricky. He slowly moved his gaze from where he had been staring at for a very long time. His eyes met the pair of worried ones that belonged to his Chunji-hyung.

 

”I'm such a fool, you know? It was foolish of me to think that he'd ever return my feelings.”

 

The already worried visual frowned when he heard what the fake maknae said, though it was hard to understand with all the slurring.

 

”You are drunk, don't think about things like that. You know it could trigger the depression. You just got a hold of your life again. Don't throw it all away!” He said with a strained voice, he didn't handle it well when his dongsaengs were troubled, especially the one sitting in front of him.

 

”I don't care. There's nothing for me in this world. It would be best if I didn't bother you all with my meaningless problems and cause unnecessary stress to you. Please, let me end it all!” The latter was accompanied with a loud sob, though it sounded more like a hiccup.

 

”No! I won't let you do anything bad to yourself! We love you, we do. Your problems are all but meaningless! Why I'm even going through with this conversation?! You won't remember a thing about it in the morning. Come on, Changhyunnie, let's get you to bed. We have to wake up in a few hours to the dance practise.” Chunji said while lifting Ricky's hand over his shoulder so he could carry him to his room.

 

When he finally managed his way in there, he laid the younger male on the bed and carefully pulled the duvet so it covered him fully. He sat on the edge of the mattress and gently petted the younger's dark hair while a frown made its way on to his face.

 

After a few minutes Ricky fell asleep and Chunji could sigh in relief. No longer he had to worry about the fake maknae, at least for the next twelve or so hours. It always made him want to cry to see him like this, wanting to end his life to end the suffering he went through every time he saw Changjo with his girlfriend-turned-fiancée.

 

On some level, Chunji could understand. After all, he had went through a similar stage in his life with L.Joe. Though he had to admit, it never went this far with them in any sense.

 

Chunji carefully laid himself on the bed next to his sleeping dongsaeng and sighed again. Why was it always the kindest people who suffered the most?

 

-

 

I'm sorry if this is rushed/in any way confusing, it's nearing 3am in here and I'm really tired but wanted to post this now.

 

Tell me what you think, I hope you enjoyed this.

 

I don't know when I'm able to update this, so try and bear with me, yeah? :)