Three.

Good For You [Sequel to Save Me]

Not every guy on the street would stick with you after being tossed around in the emotional rollercoaster that was your current love-life.

 

--------------

 

Jimin’s breath caught in his throat, suspense nearly stopping your heart.

Both your heartbeats raced as you watched his face with detective-like discernment, trying to find out what the letter conveyed through his facial movements. You perched in your spot, next to Jimin’s legs on the floor in front of the couch. Shifting from the TV so that your arms could rest on his thigh, you watch him.

He deflated with a large puff of air, making your heart sink.

Jiminie…?” A hand finds his wrist in comfort.

“I… I got in.” His big brown eyes finally meet mine and a smile two miles wide stretches across his face, those eyes shrinking into tiny slits.

You slap his arm and feign anger. “Jimin! Don’t scare me like that!” He pouts and you cave, nearly jumping on him as your arms wrap around his neck.

“I’m sorry, Jagi. I just wanted to mess with you, that’s all.”

You feel is strong embrace around you as he stands up, with you dangling from his shoulders. He swings you around a couple times, making you laugh in surprise, trying not to hit the coffee table with your feet. “Jimin, I’m so proud of you! You’re going to go great places, just wait!” I cheer, feeling the cold ground once more when he sets you down, pulling you into a proper bear hug.

“Thank you so much, Jagiya. You really helped me through all this.” He places a small peck on your lips before sitting, tapping the couch next to him. “I’m just excited that all my hard work has finally paid off, though, it’s only going to be harder from here on out.”

Scanning over the paper again, you lean on his shoulder, hugging his arm. “I know you can make it, though. You’ll have a group to debut in no time. Jiminie, fighting!” You give a small fist pump and he laughs, leaning his head on yours.

“I wonder what it’s going to be like now… And practice starts in a couple days.”

With a gentle hand, you turn his chin to face you and your lips softly touch. After you pull away, he cups your jaw and draws you close once more, moving deeper, whispering sweet nothings between kisses, making you press a smile against his.

-

“Do you want the good news first, or the bad news?” Jimin asks, letting you into the dark apartment first, with arms occupied by groceries.

“I guess I’ll choose bad news. I’m a er for a happy ending.” You say, a sense of dread nagging at your gut.

Your boyfriend smiles at you, flicking on the lights, obviously trying to reassure you that it isn’t terrible news. Though you could see straight through his look that something was bothering him.

“Well, I have to move into a dorm in a couple days. PD-nim told us today during practice we had to be settled in by the weekend.” He says it slowly, measuring your reaction carefully.

You frown slightly, setting the bags on the island counter and beginning to unpack them. Looking up at him, confused, you knit your brows together, eyeing an apple that looked rather ripe. “I thought you said you wouldn’t have to move?”

“That’s what I thought, from what the lady at the auditions said. But I was wrong and now I’m afraid we have to make other plans.” A nervous hand reaches up to rub the back of his neck. “However, I do have some great news to combat that.”

Studying him, your confusion grows. “I’m listening.”

“I talked for a while with the PD-nim and though it took a lot of convincing, I finally got the green light for us.” His gaze meets yours. “We can still date, even with the contract, just so long as it doesn’t interfere with my work.”

A smile tugs your lips and you give him a thumbs-up. “Jiminie, that’s fantastic news! Of course, I’ll make sure I won’t get in your way or anything. I’ll be your number-one fan!”

He returns the thumbs-up and puts the rest of the groceries away, leaving out the ice cream.

“I guess that means I’ll have to start looking for a smaller place. I don’t know how you afforded rent on your own. Jin and I barely made ours.”

“No, I’m actually friends with the landlord, so he gives me half the single price. I talked to him earlier while you were in class, everything is all sorted. You can stay and rent isn’t that high, you can make it off your work salary.” Jimin explains, leading you to the couch where he starts to put on a movie.

“But is the dorm far? I don’t want to be clear across the city from you.”

“It’s about thirty minutes walking, not too far.”

“That’s good at least.

You spoon a giant bite of ice cream into your mouth and wince at the brain freeze. The boy across the room laughs at you and falls on the ground, exaggerating to embarrass you further. With a huff, you take a small bite and curl into a ball with the ice cream on the floor.

Jiminie pabo.” You mutter, continuing to eat the cold dessert. Frowning, you offer him a bite from your spot on the floor. He takes it and lifts you into his lap on the couch. “Just promise me, Jimin, that you eat and sleep well, okay? I know how you get when your schedule changes. I will go to your dorm and force feed you if I must.”

Jimin chuckles and leaves a chaste kiss on your cheek. “Okay, Eomma.”

“You laugh, but I’m serious.”

“I know. I love you, ______.”

“I love you, Jimin.”

 

------------

 

I wrote this pretty quickly, so I apologize for errors or lack of pizzazz in my writing. ;;;

Love you guys, keep up with voting and commenting. Leave a review, please! Let me know how you like it!

Thank you, thank you!!!

~Nuna