One.

Good For You [Sequel to Save Me]

You fell asleep, buzzed and love drunk, hand-in-hand with Jimin. The world seemed okay once again as you mended the rift between the two of you.

-----

The following days found you and Jimin back to your normal selves, laughing, teasing, and attending school together. Although you had your awkward moments since that night, you seemed to get past it alright. Neither of you brought it up and it was fine that way.

It was obvious you both wanted to talk about it, but as soon as a moment presented itself, both of you would be too sheepish to say anything.

Only on occasion did he call you ‘Jagiya’ since then, and only when you two drank.

While you were hard at work with school trying to find a job teaching, Jimin practiced day in and day out, singing and dancing. He was determined to be scouted by a big entertainment company and you saw first-hand how much blood and sweat he put into his dream.

He deserved it.

You wondered how he was able to walk and talk with how much effort he put into each day. It came to a point where you had to make him take a day off each week to rest.

-

It was Saturday and you had to be at the school where you worked as an assistant to help the teacher catch up on grading homework. Jimin had been quiet all day, when usually it was his day off from practice.

On a typical Saturday, he would make you breakfast and sing your favorite songs, trying to convince you to hang out with him instead of going to work. When you left, he would text you every chance he got, when he wasn’t passed out on the couch.

He hadn’t returned any of your calls or messages today, however. The clock in the classroom read 7:04, about the time Jimin would be calling to ask if he should wait to start Grease or if he should watch your favorite movie by himself. You began to really worry at this point.

Sweat began to collect and you lost focus from the paperwork, checking your phone and the clock every five minutes, like a desperate robot. The teacher took notice and watched you over his bifocals. “You look tired and sick, dear. Do you need to go? I can finish up here, we are almost done anyways.”

You slowly nodded, “I’m so sorry, I just haven’t been able to concentrate, my roommate hasn’t contacted me all day and it’s unusual. I’m worried, that’s all.”

The old man’s face turned serious and he shooed you out of the room, practically begging you to leave. “Make sure they are okay! Go, go! You should’ve said something earlier!”

It made you laugh to yourself, the way he became so incredibly concerned, as if he’d been waiting for an excuse to make you leave. Though it took you only a second to face the issue at hand and get in the serious mindset once more.

You had to find Jimin.

You gave him a call for the umpteenth time to only be met with the robotic voicemail woman. Surprise, surprise. You curse under your breath and wrap your coat tighter around you. The fall breeze had started to blow in and it didn’t help that you hadn’t planned on being outside for very long. The studio would be the first place you looked; it was where Jimin worked part-time as well as danced.

It looked like a ghost town.

Only two staff members were working and neither of them had seen Jimin at all. You chewed your lip nervously.

Where could he have gone? You run your fingers through your hair and decide to walk back to the apartment, hoping he had returned from whatever he had been doing. He could be sick, you thought, maybe he has just been resting all day on the couch and forgot about his phone. Or maybe it’s dead? You tried to convince yourself everything was okay, though only half of you really believed it. He hadn’t been home when you woke up that morning. Jimin didn’t just drop off the face of the planet for no reason.

Worry knotted your stomach painfully.

Or maybe it was hunger.

Thoughts travelled back to a few weeks ago, when Jimin had his ‘visitors’. He wouldn’t… would he? Shaking your head, you pushed the thought from your mind and your attention turned to the sirens in the background, far off, but it still made you wonder if Jimin had been in an accident.

Aishhh… What is with me today?” You cover your face with your hand. “I need to stop. I’m sure Jimin has a good reason, I’m sure he’s okay. Maybe he’s just asleep, practice must have been really difficult yesterday.”

Several deep breaths later, your heartbeat starts to slow down and you start to breathe at a normal pace.

“Ja-uh… _______!”

Your head snaps up and you turn to the voice calling your name. The apartment building doors are only about ten meters from you, and so is… Jin.

Heartrate already racing, it lurches in your chest, nearly knocking you off your feet. Anxiety kicked into high gear and made your head start to ache. Furrowing your brows, you narrow your eyes at the tall boy. “What do you want Jin?” You spat acid.

His innocent face melts into a frown and that’s when you see her. Pale, skinny, perfect. She struts up to Jin and at my politely. Jin fakes a smile. “This is, uh, Dahye. We are training together.”

You give her a weak smile, bowing in greeting, trying not to be rude. You forgot Jin sang, too.

You noticed Jin’s expression turn grim as you felt someone grab your waist. A familiar laugh rings in your ear and you turn to face the boy you’ve been so worried about all day, covered in a thin layer of sweat and carrying a duffle bag.

If it weren’t for the fact that he just saved you from the awkward encounter, you would have yelled at him.

“Thanks for waiting, ______. Sorry I took so long.” Jimin speaks easily, out of breath slightly from running. His words trade the awkwardness in the air for tension as Jin continues to scowl at him. “Jin, long time, no see, huh? How’s the club been keeping up? I haven’t been on the scene in a while.”

Your ex-boyfriend’s grip on his own duffle bag gets visibly tighter and Dahye gives him a confused look.

Before Jin could respond, however, you nudge Jimin toward the building. “Well, it was very nice to meet you, Dahye, but Jimin and I have to get ready. We’ll see you around.”

She looks shocked, but snaps out of it pretty quickly, giving us a bow and a small wave. Jin still says nothing as he glares at Jimin, who gives him a sarcastic wave goodbye.

 

[...]

-----------------

 

Thoughts? Thanks guys~

**Follow my new fan fic blog on Tumblr, still-no-jams

~Nuna