You and I (Against the world)

I'll sing to you

Genre: I don't even know what this is please help me 

(There's a hint of violence and blood in this. There aren't any actual fighting scenes but I figure I should give a heads-up just in case.)

 

For Jihoon, Seungcheol wouldn't mind being a villain.

 

 

The world was a cruel, cruel place.

Seungcheol wrapped his arms around the shaking frame of his lover, silenced by the violent sobs wrecking through the smaller body as Jihoon choked up apologies after apologies. 

“They’re going to send me away” Jihoon stuttered, pain and fear laced in the spoken words like spider webs on a struggling prey, and Seungcheol felt the breath knocked out of his lungs. 

“Where to?" 

The younger took difficult gulps of air, loud hiccups and whimpers still fell out of blood red lips - Seungcheol smoothed a finger against harshly bitten lips, a habit he had acquired after knowing Jihoon’s tendency to chew on his lips in stress. His lover shuddered and leaned into Seungcheol’s touch. The hiccups ceased for a moment, just for a couple ticks of clocks, but enough for Jihoon to force out a shaky, three-worded reply that torn Seungcheol’s pieces apart. 

"A research facility." 

Blood roaring in his ears, anger coursing through every nook and cranny of his body, Seungcheol closed his eyes and saw blinding red. Scarlet red, staining pristine lab coats, pooling on the marble floor, splattering all over the cold, white walls. He opened his eyes, the mental image becoming too much for the carefully hidden thing inside of him, and was greeted by glazed over, fearful orbs. The same eyes that were always gleaming so brightly at him with utter adoration and love, were now dulled with desperation and destruction, broken. 

The thing in him growled and roared, clawing at the cage Seungcheol had trapped it in for years. It screamed at Seungcheol to wipe the tears running down Jihoon’s pale cheeks, to kiss away the rigid distress in his body, to smother the frantic trance in his eyes. It screeched at Seungcheol, demanding him to protect, to look after, to devote all his entity to this trembling man in his arms because he was Seungcheol’s mate, love, he was Seungcheol’s world. And it rumbled with the urge to destroy, to torn everything apart, to kill those who dared to bear danger to Jihoon’s existence.

It was struggling to escape, and somehow Seungcheol wasn’t sure anymore if maintaining his sanity and protecting those humans were what he wanted at all. Those were what Jihoon always wanted, however.

He tightened his grip around Jihoon’s body then, kissed his forehead and whispered steadily. 

"I won’t let them take you away." 

The younger buried himself even further to Seungcheol’s warm embrace. 

"We’ll be alright." 

And Seungcheol repeated it over and over again, whispered the words into Jihoon’s ears until the younger man fell into a fitful slumber. Seungcheol, on the other hand, stayed wide awake. 

He knew what he had to do. And Seungcheol thought back to when he was young, to when his dream was still to become a hero and save the day. He remembered the day when the thing inside of his started to show itself, and how he’d swore to lock it up to save others from its existence. How painful it had been, and how people stayed away from him, terrified of him, all but for a young boy with eyes like stars and a heart of gold.

Jihoon welcomed Seungcheol into his life with open arms, gentle soul filled with pure love and care, and from then on all Seungcheol wanted in life was for Jihoon to be happy, safe and content.

And he would make sure that they would be together until the very end of the earth, even if he had to become the villain in every possible world.