Chapter 01

Because We Were Meant To Be

“No! I can’t let it happen...Not you...”

Tears streamed down his face, his robe swishing behind him as he walked up to the prisoner behind the bars.

“There’s nothing you can do about it. We both know it’s inevitable. But...”

Just as the prisoner was about to continue, two guards walked in and went on to opening the gates. They took hold of both of the prisoner’s arms and dragged her out of her cell.

“What are you doing to her? Let go!” The man marched up to the guards and tried to release the woman, but the guards did not budge.

 

“Prince, we were given orders to execute her on this day. We will be taking her to her destination.” With that, the guards began walking with the prisoner, and the woman was going down without a fight. Her head hung low while several tears made down her face and onto the floor.

“No! You can’t! I am giving you orders!...” The prince screamed over and over again, but the guards made no signs of obeying the prince. No matter how hard the prince hit them, they still wouldn’t show signs of stopping and so the prince collapsed on his knees, admitting defeat although he didn’t want to.

The guards left the prince behind, not looking back once and proceeded with their walk. The walk to the prisoner’s destination seemed infinite. The hallways seemed endless, so many twists and turns, too many flights of stairs. The minutes to walk felt like seconds, time was going by too fast for the prisoner.

At last they stopped walking when they were in front of a huge door. The door pushed open and the prisoner was pushed into the outside world, only to be met by an audience and the king sitting calmly on his throne. The prisoner looked around and noticed that the guards had thrown her into an execution square.

“Today, prisoner number 124 will be executed in front of your eyes. Prisoner 124 is a special one indeed. Why you ask?”

With that the king gave loud throaty laugh and continued, “This filthy thing thought that being with the Prince was possible.”

Murmurs could be throughout the crowd and the woman who was soon to be executed, just stared straight ahead with a blank face. A gaze that once held both love and hope, but now no longer did. But how could her gaze hold love if love was what got her into this mess. To love with someone off limits. She would have liked to say that falling in love was a mistake that she made, but she never thought of it in that way because she loved him way too much. Her lips unknowingly formed a heart-shaped smile as she remembered her encounters with the prince. Just then the prince barged into the execution square and went rushing to his father.

“STOP THIS NOW! FATHER, YOU KNOW i LOVE HER! YOU CAN’T DO...”

“Do what? Of course I can. With a snap of my fingers she can be killed. She will be shot down and it will be as if she never existed!” A smirk grew on to the king’s face as he snapped his fingers. Everything began to move in slow motion. The guns were lowered. The Prince ran towards the lady prisoner and blocked her body with his. A shot was heard.
 

“Don’t shoot!” The king’s booming voice was heard throughout the whole execution square. As the couple looked down, they noticed blood oozing out of the woman’s stomach. They stared at each other, no words could be formed.

 

“NOOOOO! YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME! KYUNG....” The Prince could no longer keep his tears in and let them flow out freely.

 

The prisoner gave caressed the Prince’s face and gently whispered, “ It’s not your fault...Don’t worry...I promise you... that we will meet...in our next life...Just remember...that I will always...love you...” She gave a small smile, and with that her world went black.

 

Kyungsoo woke up with sweaty hair stuck to his forehead. His bedsheets were no longer on his bed, but rather on the floor. Kyungsoo’s chest went up and down with every breath that he took as he tried to calm himself.

 

“It’s okay. It’s over now. You should be used to this by now.”

Kyungsoo reached to check his face. The dried, salty tears that had shed while he was asleep, now left his face sticky. Kyungsoo kept brushing away tears that were no longer there. His breath now slowed down to it’s normal rate.Kyungsoo glanced at the clock and it read 4:27 AM.

“It’s better to start off early. I can’t go back to sleep anyways.”

He rolled out of his king-sized bed and ended up rolling to the ground. His body made a small Thump as it made it made contact with the floor. A sigh escaped his lips and he laid there, looking at the ceiling. He couldn’t help but think that a long day awaited him.


A/N: Hello there! So I have written the first chapter of this story and I would like to hear opinions about this story... Anyways, I hope you liked the peek at Kyungsoo's life and yeah! So please comment, subscribe and just enjoy this! until the next chapter!:)