Dense

After 12

JACKSON’S POV

 

            “Really?!” I shrilled as Jaebum rolled his eyes. “That’s great! Let’s go to HongKong!”

            “Nah I’m good, I’ll just stay at home with my cats, my mom misses me too.” Jaebum replied and I sighed in disappointment.

This was really good news for me, after our hardwork we’re rewarded more than a week of rest. I immediately called home and bought tickets home for me and Mark. I wanted for all seven of us to go outside the country to relax and play but Bambam already purchased three tickets and Jaebum would rather hang-out with his cats. So sad, maybe next time.

            “Mark, we’re leaving at 4:00 P.M.” I informed Mark who was busy playing with his phone. “Do you have an extra neck pillow?” I asked.

            “I gave one to Yugyeom, you can borrow it though since he has already tons of them.”

Only wearing a pair of boxers, I entered Yugyeom’s room and my heart suddenly dropped when I saw Jinyoung standing in the room with his hands crossed, I couldn’t be seen like this. I felt so ashamed, I coolly grabbed Yugyeom’s neck pillow and went out of the room without any noise.

            “Byeee! See you guys in a few days!” I waved as Jaebum closed the van; we’re leaving for Hongkong and I couldn’t wait to hug my mom. Mark was staring at me like I’ve committed a crime.

            “What?” I raised my eyebrows. Mark chuckled.

            “Nothing...nothing.” He chuckled again.

I was so confused. Is Mark okay? Will I be spending my vacation with confusion? Mark was really acting weird, he knows something that I don’t know, I thought.

We reached my house and I hugged my mom as soon as I saw her, Mark said his greetings  and we decided to eat out since it’s already late. An hour passed by and mom decided to go home and rest while Mark and me strolled along the street full of food vendors. I love this.

KA TALK! KA TALK! I opened my messages, it has begun.

            “Jaebum really does love his cats, no?” Mark asked as he scolled down the messages while eating a streetfood. Wow, a multi-tasker.

            “He surely does! It takes love to send pictures of Nora in different angles.” I joked and laughed so hard, Mark had to swallow his food for him to join me.

I was busy replying to the messages and was enjoying myself when I noticed something odd.

            “Why isn’t Jinyoung replying? I’m pretty sure he’s already reached home.” I asked Mark. His reply was a chuckle. Oh, is there anything going on that I’m not aware of? Why is everyone acting weird? I asked Jaebum and didn’t even answer my question. I hate this.

We went home at 10p.m. and Mark didn’t bother to change his clothes, he just threw himself on the bed and dozed off. I went to my room and turned off the lights to sleep; 30 minutes later, I’m still awake; I couldn’t sleep at all. I went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of milk and before I knew it, it was already past 12. I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened last December between me and Jinyoung, it just keeps on replaying in my head.*

Is Jinyoung mad at me? He’s acting kind of weird lately...just like last year. I shook my head to let go of my unwanted thoughts. I reached for my phone and gathered the courage to send him a message.

                        Me: jinyoung?? You awake?

            I sent it, not hoping for a reply because who texts at 12a.m. right?

                        Nyoung: yes?

            Oh he replied. My heart raced.

                        Me: oh.. You’re still awake?

                        Nyoung: Yes...

                        Nyoung: why? What’s the matter?

                        Me: are you mad?

I fell asleep after I sent that message, what a mess. I didn’t expect the power of that milk. I opened his message as soon as I woke up and immediately felt relieved after reading it.

                        Nyoung: no...not at all.

 

I called Mark as I went down to the dining area and found him chit-chating with my dad. I felt so happy and I certainly know why. Jinyoung’s not mad at me! This is going to be a good day!

 

____________________________________________

 

* Congrats, Wang Jackson (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/885713/congrats-wang-jackson-nc17-jinson)