12:17 A.M.

After 12

 

 

 

          JINYOUNG’S POV

 

            I woke up with the sound of a teenage-girl-undergoing-puberty laughing, which I presumed was Yugyeom. “And then we’ll hide from Youngjae hyung in the market...haha!” Bambam suggested as Yugyeom laughed out loud again.

What are these kids up to? I thought to myself as I rubbed my eyes and slid my door open only to see both of them packing some of their clothes in their luggage.

“Hyung, you’re awake?” Yugyeom smiled widely as if their noise weren’t the reason I woke up.

“W-what are you doing?” I asked.

            My heart almost leaped out of my body when Youngjae entered the room out of the blue.

“TENTENENEN! I’m ready!” He shouted and I almost smacked him because of shock.

            I looked at them with confusion.

“The management gave us more than a week to rest,” Bambam finally answered my question.

“Wha-wo...” I couldn’t even speak. It’s not like I was unhappy with the vacation, it’s just that it’s quite long and I wanted to practice more with the group and I don’t wanna miss...

            The door opened again and my thought bubble bursted. Wearing only a pair of boxers, Jackson entered the room and borrowed Yugyeom’s neck pillow then immediately left the scene. I couldn’t absorb what was happening; they’re all so busy.

“Hyung? Jinyoung hyung?” Youngjae tapped my shoulder.

“I’m gonna take a shower.” I replied and went to the bathroom in a flash.

“HYUNG! Do you wanna go to Thailand with us?” Bambam yelled, I didn’t reply.

 

            The maknaes, Youngjae, Yugyeom and Bambam decided to visit Thailand again and go sightseeing. Meanwhile, Jaebum planned to just stay at home and hug his cats for the entirity of this vacation. Mark and Jackson went to HongKong to visit Jackson’s parents.

“Then where are you going, Jinyoung?” Mark asked me with his puppy eyes.

            I really didn’t know where. This was so unplanned and I don’t live like that, everything should be planned and organized before some sort of event and this took me by surprise.

“Just...at home.” I faked a smile.

 

            I called home and informed them that I’ll be going home and my mom’s so excited. The members left to the airport leaving me and Jaebum in the dorm.

“Jealous?” Jaebum asked, with a wide smile plastered on his face. “You should have joined them.” He added.

“Huh? I’m sure Bambam’s mom and his older brothers will take care of Yugyeom and Youngjae.” I replied as I avoided his gaze.

“You know I’m not talking about the maknaes, right?” I gulped. “You should’ve joined Mark and Jackson to HongKong.” He clarified, laughing softly with me feigning ignorance.

            I was in a daze. I looked at Jaebum and he’s waiting for an answer.

“I-I’m...” I was out of words. How could he know my feelings so well? I was pretty sure I kept it with all I have.

            Jaebum walked closer and pat my back. “Jinyoungie, I’ve known you for many years and I know you better now.” I tried to talk but no words were coming out of my mouth.

“You like him, don’t you?” He smiled. I was a rhetorical question with a very obvious answer.

 

I took the train and arrived home at about 8:00p.m., I was terribly hungry but was greeted with a feast that my family prepared. I missed home so much.

            I finally got to enter my room after so much story-sharing and interrogations from my family, especially from my sisters. I checked my phone; no messages, no missed calls, there’s just me, missing a person. I was about to enter the bathroom when my phone beeped. I immediately checked it with my heart thumping like crazy.

“Oh...” My mouth automatically blurted out. It was a picture that Bambam sent, he was with Youngjae and with Yugyeom sleeping on the background. I put my phone down and took a warm shower.

KA-TALK! KA-TALK! KA-TALK! My phone was so noisy with the group chat. It’s always been like this; we update each other with what fun’s happening while we’re away. This time was different, I wasn’t in the mood to reply and send pictures, I felt so sad and lonely.

            I slipped my favorite pair of pajamas from home and jumped on my bed that I cherish the most. I opened my messages again and they’re still exchanging pictures. It’s just normal, JB sent pictures of Nora in four different angles, Bambam sent pictures of sleeping Yugyeom, which could be useful for blackmailing purposes, and Jackson sent a picture of him and Mark enjoying dinner together. My heart ached. No .

                        Bambamie: Youngjae hyung wants to swim, we’ll be back later!!

                        Jaebongie: TAKE CARE! Don’t run along the pool you might break your neck!

                        Bambamie: -_-“ okay hyung

                        Jaebongie: *sends a picture of Nora again*

                        Jackson: *sends a picture of him eating*

                        Jaebongie: give meeee!!

                        Jackson: :-P Mark feels tired, we’re going home

                        Jaebongie: okay~I’ll rest too

                        Jackson: but where’s Jinyoung?

                        Jaebongie: haha...good night <3

            I scoffed after reading their conversation. I wanted to reply but I was so tired that my eyes were already tearing from fatigue. I switched off my bedside lamp and went to dreamland.

 

KA-TALK! KA-TALK! They’re still chatting?! I’m really gonna mute this group chat! I opened my eyes and reached for my phone. It’s 12:17a.m., who the hell would chat and reply at this hour? I opened the messages to turn-off the notifications when I noticed that it wasn’t from the group chat, it was a direct message.

                        Jackson: jinyoung?? You awake?

            My half-awake self panicked. Why is he messaging me at this hour? I asked myself again and again. I courageously replied.

                        Me: yes?

                        Jackson: oh.. You’re still awake?

            I rolled my eyes. Yes, I’m awake, I wouldn’t have replied if I weren’t right?!

                        Me: Yes...

                        Me: why? What’s the matter?

                        Jackson: are you mad?

            Yes, I am. I’m mad at you, Jackson.

                        Me: no...not at all.

            I lied. Jackson didn’t reply after my message and I just returned back to sleep in deep thoughts. My mom calling out my name woke me up together with the sunlight blinding my eyes. “Yes...I’m coming,” I shouted back and immediately ran down the stairs to eat breakfast.