Final

Rants of a brat

Email 1

Dear Mum,

What on earth where you thinking leaving four grown up lunatics and a soon-to-be psychopath alone?! Your so called breakthrough article better be coming to an end soon because I don’t think this house can handle a day longer without you. I mean, if you thought Chanyeol’s room was dirty before you left; now I congratulate you,  Chanyeol reached a new record in leaving his dirty pants scattered all over the place. I swear some undiscovered germs are settling in in the so called ‘trash can’ of his. I’m pretty sure if anyone tried to invade his alien room it won’t take seconds before they lay dead on the ground from the smell. Yup, that bad.

Oh let’s not talk about our spoiled princess, Sora. Yes, I know she’s my twin sister, but ever since you left, her attitude has gone beyond the moon. Once again, I congratulate you. Your daughter has successfully broken the approved level of rudeness and could easily enter Guinness now. Moreover, her annoying sassy allows no one to enter her room-yes she finally left mine-, which she spends an awful lot of time caved in, nor does she allow us to talk to her unless it’s a life or death matter.

The only sane person, till now, in this house hold is obviously our little chipmunk Sehun. The fact that he’s barely nine makes him the only person with an actual bearable attitude-the fact that he has an attitude is still there. What really gets on my nerves with this kid is how he thinks he’s all so great just because he’s a little bit smarter than the rest his age. I warned you, didn’t I? Don’t show your pride for him too much. But you people never listen, now his nose is so high to the sky I think I need to break it soon to prevent any further complications.

Long story short, I’m the only who’s still the same. Everyone had a major revolution since that day you left eight months ago. How I managed to stay sane in this asylum is honestly beyond me.

Stay safe.

 Till next time, Baekhyun.

Email 2

Dear Mum,

NO, I do not! What do you mean I have an attitude myself?! Just because I wrote the truth about our little to no good family doesn’t mean I developed an attitude. I just can’t handle them anymore, at least not without you…

And let’s face it, I’ve been a brat since the day I came to this world. You know I love being one, and it’s an honor not an insult.

You seriously think I can step into that giant’s room?! Do you hate me that much?! Did you even read what I wrote?! It’s IMPOSSIBLE to enter that room and get out alive- if I do, I’ll lose my sanity. I honestly would rather keep both. Besides, it’s not my to begin with, he should handle it. He’s the eldest anyways. I’m pretty sure he’s experimenting on the poor germs running around in his room.

Okay, sorry. I won’t say such word about my sister again…. But she really is one! When was the last time you two actually talked?! Last time I checked, your relationship was one of the best and you always made sure she was the top in everything. If you guys haven’t been talking, I think you ought to start to.

I’m serious. Go talk to her right now.

Why I insist on calling Sehun a chipmunk, you say?! Simply because he hates it. There was this one time when a friend of his did a prank on him using a chipmunk, and Sehun kept crying for 3 hours that night. I can’t believe he’s all I’m-a-prince-with-supernatural-looks-and-a-genius, yet he’s afraid of chipmunks. Chipmunks mum, the cutest thing on planet earth.

Yeah yeah you were so proud on the edge of tears blah blah blah, I still insist spoiling the kid that much just because some teacher said he showed signs of being a genius is too much. Now he just thinks he’s better than anyone his age, hence no one in the neighborhood likes him.

And Yes I am sane, don’t mock me. Also, yeah there could be something more to write about me next time.

Sorry I didn’t write about dad. Dad is okay.

Stay safe.

Till next time, Baekhyun.

 

Email 3

Dear Mum,

Yes. I am indirectly implying that you should come back. It’s been eight month already mum, just come back. Stop choosing your work over us already. We need you, you don’t even know how much…

It’s been a while since you called me brat prince.

Of course I’m traumatized! How could you even remind me with such a thing when it’s your fault to begin with?! I still can’t believe you had Chanyeol and Sehun- both nothing but long limbs- and me from the same womb! Like, does that even make sense?! Even Sora is tall next to other girls! I have all rights to mock Chanyeol’s height considering the ...ehm… height difference. And chill mum, that shouldn’t even be a curse to begin with. Calling what’s happening in Channie’s room is the closest word I could find to describe it. He doesn’t spend much time in it anyways so…

Oh come on, forgive me already. I just called her , described her, you shouldn’t stay mad! God I’m making it worse huh?! SORRY IN BOLD LETTERS…Happy now?!

WHAT?! NOW IT’S MY TIME TO SCOLD YOU MOMMY!!  HOW CAN YOU NOT TALK TO YOUR ONLY DAUGTHER FOR MORE THAN TWO MONTHS!! MUM!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!

Phew… that explains the attitude. I thought our perfect little princess was lost forever. Note the sarcasm please. Now go and fix your relationship with your daughter before I kill her. How many times do I need to parent you mum?! Tsk tsk…

I’m a brat, what did you expect?! Me helping Sehun get over his phobia of these adorable creatures?! Hell. No. Are you sure you’re talking about me?! Baekhyun?! The so called Brat prince?! Seriously….

You didn’t know?! For real?! Opps… I guess he didn’t want you to find out… But since I’m your nice son, I’ll tell you Sehunnie’s little secret. You see, two weeks ago, I was innocently watching kids from our neighborhood playing together, then out of nowhere, our little chipmunk appeared. From what I could see, he was roughly pushed away and shouted at. I could see him tearing up a bit before he entered the house, and turning to our all mighty handsome prince again. He still has some friends in school though………….. I think.

Not now. I’ll write later. Just wish me luck on what I have in my mind.

Stay safe.

 Till next time, Baekhyun.

 

Email 4

Dear Mum,

 Roger! I won’t say that again. Sorry ^_^ Forgive me pwetty pwease *insert my best puppy eyes along with a killer pout*

Wow, mum, when was the last time you contacted anyone here?! You seriously don’t know why Channie is not home much; scratch that, not home at all?! What exactly did dad narrate to you?! Chanyeol got accepted in some medical school hospital that looks like a grand castle uilt in America. How he made it there is beyond me. He did study a lot recently-though I never knew he wanted to be a doctor-so it’s not surprising he made it there, but how they accepted such a creepy freak is the real question… Maybe he bribed someone…. You never know….

I still won’t forgive you for the facr that I’m the only shorty in the house.

Did she really?! I’m really not surprised my good for nothing twin sister didn’t pick up her phone when YOU called. I told you her attitude is all over the place. See that’s what happens when you get introduced to the wrong group of kids. This also happens when you leave the poor girl for eight months without supervision. Just saying. I parent you a lot, don’t I?! kekekekekeke

Exactly!! Don’t make such mistake again! As if I’ll help the chipmunk kid…. Fine, I’ll try my best, happy?!

How about you guess?! I’ll give you a hint: Singing classes.

Stay safe.

Till next time, Baekhyun.

 

            Email 5

Dear Mum,

HAHA I PLAN TO INVADE THE WORLD WITH MY EYE SMILE, KILLER POUT AND MY ULTIMATE WEAPON: PUPPY EYES!!

You don’t even know how many girls are there in my fan club just because of these three. It makes perfect sense you can’t resist them. They’re made to kill darling *flips imaginary hair*.

Next time, ask me about everyone here. Don’t ask dad.

Again Mum?! What did I say about crying tears of pride in front of these scumbags?!?! They’ll grow an attitude worse than the ones they have already and I WON’T.HANDLE. IT. MORE. THAN. THIS.

I’ll probably kill them one day…….

Mum, have you ever seen your son smiling?! Not the cute super agyeos Channie does, but the real deal?! Like when he sees a dead animal, or any possible creature that he could use in studying?! Have you?! I highly doubt you did….. He’s a creep and everyone knows that, that’s why he probably did something unimaginable to get into that hospital. I’ll probably insert that board smile of his in one of the emails someday… when I see him.

Nah, it’s fine. I’m not lonely without him, don’t worry.

About Sora, well you see, out of nowhere, she suddenly ditched all her friends-even the ones you never approved of-and started hanging out with some freaks who only care about fashion, bullying, party all night…. and rebelling. I swear I didn’t notice a thing until some filthy rich jerk asked me where she was at school, then everything simply clicked. However, you don’t need to worry. She only developed an attitude and lost real friends. She didn’t get involved too much to the point of regret. I won’t allow her to. At the end of the day, she’s my twin.

Happy news, I’m in the process of putting some sense in the giant chipmunk’s head.

No. I didn’t get scouted, unfortunately. I will someday though, just for you. However, I met this beautiful girl that blew my mind away. Her name is Taeyeon. I’ll tell you more later.

Stay safe.

Till next time, Baekhyun.

 

Email 6

Dear Mum,

Of course I have a fan club. Though short, your son has looks that could probably make any girl nosebleed in seconds. Something none of the others have finally. Add to my killer looks, I have an angelic voice and I treat girls like princesses. Why wouldn’t they fall for me?! I’m perfect!

Nothing is wrong with dad. He’s just away recently so he doesn’t know what actually happens around the house. Just ask me mum, ain’t I enough?!

That’s my way of loving these scumbags. If I don’t insult the person in front of me, it means I hate them, and I don’t hate my siblings! Not yet at least. I’m just pissed.

Having a creepy smile is not even the problem anymore Mum. Chanyeol is getting addicted to his work. No, even addicted is a big underestimation. It’s more like obsession. I don’t know much about doctors, but he’s not even one to begin with to work 24/7! He’s just a freaking intern, why is he so busy?! It’s not that I miss him, or that I’m lonely without him or that spending a single day in this mad house without him will drive me nuts for real, it really isn’t! But he’s the eldest and he should be around more right now to take care of the house! The didn’t even care about his injured little brother and left us the moment they announced a very rare and dangerous patient entering the hospital! Who does that?!?!

 I don’t even remember when he started to simply not care about any of us whatsoever. Even when Sehun almost begged him to stay, he didn’t blink…

I won’t kill them, not yet. So chill.

I put some sense in her head, Sora I mean. Two days ago, that little brat went to a party without informing anyone. Of course, I knew and went after her. Before you panic, she’s perfectly fine and nothing happened to her…thanks to my arrival. If I wasn’t there, they would’ve actually made her jump from the rooftop for fun…

What’s amazing is what I felt like when she was in danger. It was like I suddenly realized that this is my twin sister. My other half. The one that I’ve been oddly away from since you left. The one I’ve terribly missed. Mum, if I wasn’t there and something happened to her, I would have ever been able to forgive myself.

By the way, she’s sleeping in my room again.

Happy news: I think I just received one of the best news about Sehunnie.

I’ll tell you about Taeyeon later.

Stay safe.

Till next time, Baekhyun.

 

Email 7

Dear Mum,

He’s away mum. Working, probably. All that I know is that dad is not home.

Since last time you wrote a long essay about how I should set things right with Channie, I made quite an embarrassing scene at his hospital the other day. I made sure to tell him what you said exactly, that even though you left, the fact that he’s the one you always assigned to keep this family together is still there. The fact that he’s the one who should shelter us when we need a safe place never disappeared.  The fact that he’ll always be our role model, our leader, our pride that will never disappoint will never alter. I might have added that I desperately need my older brother who was always mistaken as my twin, not Sora. There could be more, but I honestly don’t remember much. I said everything on the impulse so it didn’t stick.

The following day, he gathered everyone for breakfast.

And by everyone I mean, Sora, me, Sehun AND our neighbor’s son.

Yup I did it.

*Flips imaginary hair and does the rock pose*

Ain’t I fabulous?! It took a while to know what exactly the boy did wrong when talking with kids like him, but in the end of the day I did, and it feels AWESOME to see that boy play with the kids around the neighborhood. It’s defiantly more overwhelming when I know I made you happy. That’s the main reason why I did all of this in the first place anyways.

I gotta go.

Baekhyun.

Email 8

Dear Mum,

Oh my God, you’re obsessed with worrying! Nothing is wrong, I just had something to do, so I ended the email as fast as I could, which resulted in the short goodbye. You don’t need to over-react that much. It’s not like I died or anything.

I have nothing to do right now, so how about I tell you about my one of a kind GIRL FRIEND?!

As said before, her name is Taeyeon and she is BEAUTIFUL, for the lake of better words. I seriously need to thank you for forcing sending me to these singing lessons. You see, she’s a singer as well, and her voice is … wow.  It’s so angelic and pure, leaves you star struck and in extreme awe. The fact that she actually looks a bit like me makes everything double fantastic. I got those butterflies in my stomach the moment she started singing on her first day, and they never left since. The way she laughs is like birds singing in the early morning. Everything about her leaves me relaxed and all in all happy. I’ve never felt like that mum, and it feels awesome. I finally got to ask her to be my girl and she actually said yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her A LOT about you, so once you’re back, YOU ARE MEETING HER.

Everything is finally getting better around here. Sehun is no longer all high up in the sky with his attitude and actually helps when needed. Channie shows his giant more frequently now. Sora is finally back to our room, and she no longer party or meet those freaks. It feels more like home now, finally. It only needs you.

As long as it makes you happy mum, I’ll keep doing it.

I’ll tell dad about your flight date.

Stay safe.

Till next time, Baekhyun.


Email 9

Dear Mum,

Why are you so obsessed with me and dad?! There’s nothing wrong I just don’t talk much with him!!

You know what?! Screw this! There is something wrong going on here! So wrong that once I tell you, you should sprint back here.

We all knew dad was never the best, and we managed to live with it all these years, but that’s no longer the case. He’s no longer “not the best”, he’s downright the worst father living on planet earth!  

It’s no longer just making our life generally miserable, he simply secretes venom whenever he shows his face around the house. We always knew he never cared, but to say boldly in our faces that we are his biggest mistakes screwed up everything. It’s like he’s finally free to say anything whatsoever.

That’s why I was so opposed to you leaving us alone with him. You were the only one capable of stopping him.

Channie will get over it. It doesn’t matter that much for me, but Sora and Sehun are way too young to handle all of this , especially Sehun. The boy doesn’t stop crying mum; he believes everything is his fault. No matter what I say, he’s so resolved in being the one in fault when dad couldn’t even recognize his own son when asked where he was! Dad made a nine year old kid hate himself!! I thought Sehun’s biggest problems were his big ego, that I could handle, but this… this is beyond me mum. Everything is.

I’m starting to regret I set things right in the house. If they stayed that way, if Channie and Sora were always away, and Sehun was always outside trying to befriend someone, they wouldn’t have seen dad like that. They wouldn’t have known what pathetic of an excuse their father truly is. They wouldn’t have witnessed their drunken father coming home, cursing everything in the universe and saying every single possible insult about them and their mother.

I honestly don’t even know why he’s still around when he hates us that much.

It was okay as long as I was the only one watching that disgusting scene. I was even fine with him mentally abusing all of us. But he ing dared lay his hands over Sora-that email I ended abruptly?! Yeah I had to leave because she was screaming her heart out. He ing tried to hurt her mum, and that’s when I lost it for real. No one, not even dad, not even you mum, is allowed to hurt Sora.

Even with him like that, Sehun was in the far corner of the house screaming how sorry he is for it’s his fault.

Channie tried to protect us, I swear he did, but even he can’t do a thing. We can’t stop him no matter what.

Sora is no longer happy or sad for all I care. She’s void. Sora is just sitting there, looking blankly at whatever in the universe, not studying, not eating, and not caring about anything. Sehun doesn’t play frequently anymore, heck he doesn’t get out of his room. I had to hide all sharp metals around the house, for he once asked me if physical pain could wipe away mental one like he used to hear. The once so obsessed with medicine Chanyeol now barely knows what to give Sehun when he has a headache.

Everything I did is falling apart.

What should I do mum?!

Please come back.

Baekhyun

Email 10

Dear Mum,

I hope you didn’t reply because you’re on your way back here. I know you said you’re coming at the end of this month, but I’m hoping you advanced it. As said before, we really need you here.

Oh and I told Channie about your flight date. He seemed so surprised, not so sure why.

Stay safe.

Till next time, Baekhyun.

 

Email 11

Dear Mum,

Either you replay, or come back, because everyone is starting to act so oddly and spitting nonsense.

Baekhyun

 

Email 12

Dear Mum,

Are you okay?! You didn’t reply for a while and I’m getting worried over here. The nonsense is increasing mum, and it’s getting on my nerves. The looks they give me are so pathetic.

Just tell me you’re okay. That’s all I need. Please.

Baekhyun

 

 

Email 13

Dear Mum,

Mum please reply. I’m not leaving my room unless you do.

Baekhyun

 

Email 14

Dear Mum,

You’re driving me nuts here! Why aren’t you replying! Their nonsense is getting to me. Mum, I’m just asking for your reply. Just tell me you’re fine. Please.

Baekhyun

 

Email 15

Just reply Mum. Please.

 

Email 16

Mum.

 

Email 17

Mum please reply.

 

 

 

Email 18

Mum, just tell me you’re okay.

 

Email 19

MUM!!!

 

Email 20

COME ON!! ANSWER! WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING!!!

 

Email 21

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE YOU!

 

Email 22

I’m sorry mum. Just please reply, pick up your phone, anything, please.

 

Email 23

I can’t handle this anymore mum. Please, I’m going insane!

 

 

Email 24

Mum, Channie insists I never received a reply from you for the past eight months. I think he’s blind.

 

Email 25

Mum, dad is trying to be a parent and it’s disgusting. His words are even more loathing than his acts. I can’t believe he’s saying that about you.

 

Email 26

Mum, Sora is so clingy recently. I don’t know what’s gotten to her, but she suddenly started spending an awful lot of time with me-most of it she’s just crying. I wonder if you stopped replying to her as well.

 

Email 27

Why aren’t you back already?! I kept waiting at the airport for your arrival, yet you never showed up. Did something happen?! I thought your article was over.

 

Email 28

Mum, whatever I did wrong, I’m sorry. Just don’t disappear like that! I’ll be a good kid, so reply okay?!

 

Email 29

Mum, why are you leaving me alone?! Why did you let them do this to me?! Why did you allow them to say such things?!

 

Email 30

Mum, Sehun is begging me to stop doing this, to wake up and accept the truth.

Email 31

I don’t want to accept their truth.

 

Email 32

Some friend of yours showed up today. She kept talking about you, about the way you always said your favorite son was me, how you always bragged about our unique relationship. If you were so proud of me, why aren’t you replying?! Why did you leave?!

 

Email 33

Dear Mum,

Today, I listened. I’ve been blocking all their words, but today, I allowed Chanyeol to enter the room and talk. Apparently, he claims that you’re dead. You didn’t tell us you were sick, went abroad to receive treatment but claimed you were there for work, and died. He insists that the change that occurred around the house was a result to the sudden news. Just like Sehun, he told me to wake up and accept the truth. The truth that I’d rather you chose work over us than you being dead.

I ing hate them for lying like that.

And I ing hate myself for almost believing them.

Baekhyun

 

Email 34

Sora was screaming. Screaming to gather everyone. Screaming to stop me. Screaming to put some sense in my head. Screaming for the last bit of sanity inside me to end this mess.

She swore she won’t leave our room again, that all her free-and busy- time will be spent with me. I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT MY OTHER HALF, she shouted. She screamed, cried, begged and I didn’t feel a thing.

Chanyeol was calmer, more aware of how dangerous the whole set up was. His usual deep voice was more soothing, suddenly filled with warmth I never heard from him before. His words were reassuring, almost certain that everything will be alright. I still knew it’ll never be.

Sehun didn’t even understand anything. He was just shocked. Shocked of everything happening around him. Lost in the middle of the screams and calmed voices. It only clicked when Chanyeol mentioned it. His grip over Chanyeol’s shirt was so tight his knuckles turned white. He didn’t scream, shout or cry. However, the look he gave me was more than enough. It spoke thousands of words, cried rivers and screamed loud enough.

For the first time in my whole life, I saw love in dad’s eyes. Real one. He actually looked like he cared.

Yet none of them could stop me.

I still jumped off that building.

I barely made it, I think. I’m currently lying down on my hospital bed, and every single inch of my body hurts like hell. And I don’t feel a thing mum. It hurts, it should hurt but I don’t feel it. I don’t even know why I’m sending this when I know you won’t reply. You never will.

I believe them now mum. And I need to go back where I belong, by your side.

No one will stop me. Not this time around. They won’t understand. No one ever will. I don’t want to hurt them, but I can’t possibly think about a life without you, mummy. No one loved you the way I did, no one cared about you the way I did, no one followed you that way. No one. I plan to keep it that way.

Just wait for me.

Till we meet, Baekhyun.

 

 

Email 1

Dear mum, I hope both you and Baek are having a good time in there. I miss you a lot. All of us do. Love, Chanyeol.

 

 

P.S. I’ll write more details later.