You....??? (6)

You....???

Shell-shocked, I stood rooted to the ground as I saw the face which I dreamed about at night, the guy that kept me tossing and turning these past few weeks. How? Why? What? All these questions ran through my mind as I stood at the doorway until I smelled something burning in the kitchen. Rushing back, I was in time to prevent the fried fish from being a charcoal mess. However, due my mind being distracted, I accidentally spilled a bit of the hot oil onto my hand and shouted in pain.

 

MInho ran into the house after hearing my shout and immediately took my hand to bring it under the running water to cool the area. Feeling slightly breathless, I knew that the tingling I felt then was not due to the burn. I grew puzzled as to his sudden appearance and tried to ask him that, only to blush when my voice would not co-operate with me. I decided to create some space between us, using the excuse of searching for the first aid box and took my hand away. My hand felt the loss of his warmth and I almost wanted to go back to that position and stay there forever. Almost. Locating the first aid box, I stumbled clumsily as I tried to open the box. Seeing my dilemma, Minho took over and brought me towards the living room to treat my wound. As he was doing that, I took the opportunity to observe him closer. His soft, wavy hair still looked the same along with his big, warm eyes. Now looking slightly tired though. His cheeks seemed more defined too as though he had lost some weight. Did he suffer too in the past few weeks? Am I not the only one who tossed and turned from dusk till dawn, thinking of that night?

 

Using my other hand, I caressed his cheek, causing him to inhale sharply before he looked deep into my eyes and asked. " Why, Suzy? Why did you leave me that day without a single contact? I thought that what we had was special. I don't know about you but it was special for me. I wanted to see if we can make it work between us. That chemistry was undeniable but when you disappeared, it hurts. I even had to beg Yoona to give me your details. But that girl refused, saying that she caused you enough harm already." My heart skyrocketed into the air when I heard his words but I kept quiet as it felt like he had more to say and also because I don't trust myself not to start crying should I ever get to speak.

 

Getting up to pace from one end of the room to the next, he ran his fingers across his hair, causing it to look slightly messed up and yet, adorablely y at the same time. "You know what, I had to resort to harrassing Sandara just to even get your home address. By the way, she's a bit mad at you for disappearing on her, although she said that you are lucky that she still loved you. I can't even count the number of times I appeared on your doorstep, wanting to knock on your door and profess my love to you. but the moment I actually had the courage, this morning, I found myself professing to your mother instead." Upon hearing that, laughter bubbled inside me as I imagine that scenario with my mother and I started to laugh aloud.

 

Flashing his intense gaze upon me, he grunted "Glad you found it funny. I was shocked and horrified. Luckily, your mom was a smart woman who understood your restlessness and told me the exact address where you were. And now, here I am, making a fool out of myself." I gulped when he suddenly knelt down and met my eyes, making me drown in those dark brown eyes of his. "Suzy, I know we did not have the proper way of introduction in an ideal setting but I really, really like you alot, heck, I would say that I love you even and I want to get to know you better. Did you feel the same way too? Will you open up to me and explore these feelings together?" With those words, I felt like a huge weight lifted from my shoulders, allowing me to breathe easier and inhaled his musky scent, making me shiver in delight. Do I dare to start something with this wonderfully, wam yet y man who managed to make my heart go pit-a-patter in a rapid beat?

 

Leaning towards him, I smiled as our lips met and whispered "Yes" before I felt his arms around me as the intensity of our kisses increased.

 

_______________________________________________________

 

* 11 months and 1 week later....

 

"Come on, ladies. Let's go.. go...go.. I'm going to be late for my birthday celebration. I can't wait to see what my baby planned for my birthday. Do you think he's going to wear that deer underwear with that small stubby tail that I got for his birthday? Sigh, I want to see him wiggle that ."

 

"Eewww, Suzy. TMI..!! Too Much Info.. I don't want to know anything like that about my cousin. Keep it to yourself."

 

"Yah! How about that time when you made Yong Hwa wear that ed Hawaiian shirt with nothing else? We had to tolerate you squealing about it for days... That was TMI, too." I grinned as I was too happy to be annoyed with anyone right now. Our friendship had managed to survive this crack as we grew closer than ever. I'm also happy to say that Minho and I are still going strong like bread to butter, peanut butter and jelly etc.. You know what I mean... All is well and the world seemed a little bit brighter when you found the love of your life. For all that it's worth, my birthday last year did start disastrously, but I found Minho and for that, I'm grateful to have him in my life.......

 

 

THE END>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>