An Imperfect Love Story

Oil and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a time. . . .

 

 

 

Cheongdam-dong, Seoul South Korea

Girls Generation’s Dorm

 

 

“How I hate that jerk!” my head is reeling in pain as I remembered what happen earlier. My management called me and he said that I’ll be having another photoshoot for a particular magazine. Of course, I was already feeling giddy upon hearing his news. I just love having magazine pictorials. It gives me a lot of chance to have many photos that will be left as a remembrance in the time we will be disbanded as a group.

 

 

The girls laughed at me. “Calm down there, Tiffany. You like you want to kill someone.” Sooyoung snickered and I just glared at her.

 

 

“If only I would be given the chance, I think I’d really love to kill that damn bastard.” I said while gritting my teeth.

 

 

“Let me know who that poor guy is? I just hope he’s doing fine right now.” Sunny said and I groan in frustrations.

 

 

“You don’t need to know who he is. It just gives me a headache whenever I remember that ugly grin he is giving me a while ago.” I scowled at them.

 

 

“This is the first time you have someone you hate and vice versa. Most of the time, people love to be with you. You know how to mingle with other people perfectly. Sometimes I think you can even win in an election for presidency. You just have so many friends!” Taeyeon exclaimed with humor.

 

 

I rolled my eyes at her and gave her a goofy smile. “You are such a flatterer, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

Then I remembered exactly what happened again a while ago.

 

 

***

 

 

I was smiling to all the people I met at the lobby of our company. I am feeling excited. My manager told me that I’ll be having another photo shoot for High Cut magazine. When I reached the office of our management, I just knock twice and the door was opened. I already prepared a sweet smile to the people inside the office but my face remain passive when I saw one particular person inside the room who looks at me as if I am just a speck of dirt among everyone.

 

 

I broke the glance between us and look at the other people inside the room. I gave them a forced smile knowing that he is still staring at me. Yeah, I know he is still looking at me because I can see it in my peripheral view.

 

 

“Annyeong haseyo sajangnim!” I put an effort to look unaffected by his mere presence. I looked at him and gave him another forced smile. I just hope it doesn’t look like a frown.

 

 

Why the hell he’s here? Oh no! I am not feeling good about this!!

 

 

“Please sit down, Tiffany-ssi.” My manager told me. As I saw the people inside me, I suddenly felt a bit uncomfortable. It’s just like something will happen that I won’t like. I lifted my gaze and remained nonchalant even though my heart feels the otherwise.

 

 

“I suppose you already know that you will be having another magazine pictorial for High Cut?” I nod at the staff manager to show my answer. He smiled at me knowingly as if he knows something I don’t. He looked at the guy who sits at the opposite row of my seat then his eyes landed to me again. A small smile formed on the staff manager’s face.

 

 

“I am happy to say that our company chose the both of you to be our model on the next cover of High Cut magazine.” A loud gasp came out from my lips.

 

 

What the heck?

 

 

I gulp many times before I finally found my voice to speak. “Did I actually here it right, sajangnim? Me and him?” I asked and pointed the guy on my right. “Will have a photo shoot together?” I know my voice sounds incredulous but the hell I care! This is insanity!

 

“Yes, you heard it right Tiffany-ssi. Do you have a problem with that?” he said in an almost authoritative voice. I eyed the man on my right. To be honest, I am actually waiting for his reaction but I am quite surprised that he looks like he doesn’t even give a damn about this matter. I heave a deep sigh. “Aniyo. Of course, I don’t have a problem with that sajangnim. I’ll be looking forward for this photo shoot. I just hope it’ll be successful.” I said and tried to avoid adding a bit sarcasm and mockery in my voice. I thought I saw a hint of amusement on the jerk’s face but I think it’s just my vivid imaginations.

 

 

“Well then, see you next week Tiffany-ssi. Your photo shoot will start on Saturday by next week. We will just message your manager for other important matters. Thank you and have a good day!” I shake my hands with him and smiled forcedly.

 

 

“TOP-ssi, it’s good to have you in this photo shoot. Thank you for your cooperation. It’s a great pleasure working with you.” The staff manager also gave me a handshake. Oh yeah, did I forgot to tell you that it was Bigbang’s TOP I am talking about? I want to roll my eyes again but I stop myself. It would be very disrespectful you know.

 

 

I head my way out. I don’t want to face another conversation with that guy. It’s just that I really hate his guts. You know, there are some people that you find them very annoying even though they are not doing anything with you.

 

 

I was about to ride my car when I felt strong arms grabbed my arms. “What the. . .” I started but then again good manners were wasted on this man.

 

 

“What do you need?” I asked him sharply.

 

 

“Let’s eat lunch together.” He said arrogantly as if he was a king and I should bow at his every will. He’s not even asking my approval. He is absolutely demanding for it. He is such a very conceited jerk; I wouldn’t be even surprised if he asked me to give him the moon. He has a very bossy attitude that I hate the most.

 

 

“Are you drunk?” I asked, looking at him and I was gaping as if he swallowed a whole watermelon in front of me.

 

“No.”

 

“Are you on drugs?”

 

“No.”

 

“Are you mad?”

 

“No.”

 

“Good.” I told him coldly. “Now get going. I think you’ve had a mistake. I don’t eat lunch with jerks.” I can bet my car that he is enjoying this ty conversation. The devil got that look of innocence in his deep dark eyes.

 

 

“But I am not a jerk, Tiffany-ssi. I can assure you that.” If I didn’t know him better I would actually believe that he’s genuinely disappointed with my refusal.

 

 

“You can just think that this is just a friendly lunch with an acquaintance.” He still has this goofy grin on his face.

 

 

“We aren’t friends, TOP-ssi.” I replied truthfully. I can never be friends with this bossy, arrogant and conceited bastard who thinks that he can have every woman he wants in a snap.

 

 

“I believe we are.” He contradicted smoothly, flashing his infamous grin that often makes women and fangirls swoon.

 

 

I pinched the bridge my nose and I breathe heavily. “What in the word ‘NO”, you cannot understand? I thought we already had a silent agreement that we don’t like each other?”

 

 

“How cold.” He remarked. Ohmygod! He’s really too much for my peace of mind. “You wounded me, Tiffany-ssi. I never said that I don’t like you.” His lips twitched with a private smile.

 

 

I know he doesn’t like me. Jiyoung-oppa told me once that this guy don’t like talkative girls. He even questioned G-dragon why the hell I am friends with him. That was what exactly GD told me when we have hang out one time. Jiyoung was laughing hard while telling it to me. Me on the other hand is already scowling at him in great annoyance.

 

 

The nerve of this guy! He even dare lie to me and telling me now that he didn’t said that he didn’t like me? I glared at him again. “Can you just live me alone and give me my peace of mind?” I snapped at him sharply but he looks unaffected with it.

 

 

“Not when you agree to have lunch with me.” He said while looking at me like I am the only woman he is seeing right now. I fought hard the blushed that kept on spreading on my cheeks as I look away.

 

 

“Are you flirting at me?” I asked while glaring at him with obvious disgust with the words I spoke.

 

 

His voice became silky soft. His eyes held flames on their depth. “What if I am?” he whispered on my ears then I shuddered. I swear I had goose bumps. “Is it working?” I ignore the thunderous thud of my heart, as I laughed off his ridiculous suggestion.

 

 

“Of course not! Why would I be swayed by your flirting? It may work on other women but not me.” I said while laughing so hard.

 

 

“Ah, that’s more the pity.” He said while still smirking at me. I slapped at is chest. “You are hopeless!” I yelled at him then I hurriedly went off to my car. I am just glad I’ve reached it without him following me. Once I am already inside my car, I breathe deeply I didn’t realize I was holding. How I hate the guts of that jerk!!

 

 

***

 

Day of the Magazine Pictorial

 

 

I reached the place of our photo shoot. I make it sure that I am earlier before the call time. I am quite surprised to see that TOP-ssi is already there. The devil is enjoying his time flirting with the girl staffs. Then I heard him talking with his manager.

 

 

“Tiffany-ssi is not still here?” I heard him asked his manager.

 

 

“You seemed to be overly excited today, TOP-ssi.” I didn’t hear his answer but his laugher echoed inside the room.

 

 

“Is it that very obvious? Oh, I guess I am.”

 

 

“Is it because of Tiffany-ssi?”

 

 

“No, of course. I just had a good sleep last night. But I must admit that I am enjoying teasing Tiffany-ssi. I like it when her face turned red when she’s angry.”

 

 

Her chest clenched in annoyance and pure disgust. I really hate the guts of this man. He loves to ruin my day.

 

 

“Tiffany-ssi!” my manager called my name when he saw me standing at the entrance door. I move my way to them and since I am wearing my shades I can see the surprised face of TOP-ssi without him knowing that I am actually looking straightly in his eyes. I place my bag on the table.

 

 

“Should we start?” I sat in front of the mirror and the make-up artist started doing her magic on me. My hair is tousled and messed. Modesty aside, I know I look hot on it. They put a dark make-up on my face and they emphasized my eyes by making it look smoky. They asked me to wear a y black brassiere and a pair of jeans hanging dangerously on my waist. I donned a high-heeled strap heels to complete my look. Damn, I know I am smoking hot. I’ll just make sure that this will be my last photo shoot with that devil, Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

“Wow, you look hot Tiffany-ssi.” The make-up artist told me and I just smiled at her. I made my way out and went to the platform stage. I saw Top-ssi and for a while he looks frozen on his place. I throw a cold glance at him and gave him a huge grin. I was taken aback when he grinned back at me.

 

 

“Is this an all-out show?” he said when he was already beside me while the camera man is preparing his things. I admit he looks drop dead gorgeous with a white long sleeve but the first three buttons are left ed. He is wearing a denim pants. This is the first time I saw how perfectly sculptured his body is. He doesn’t usually show his body with the public. I quickly snapped the thoughts inside my head.

 

 

“Let’s start, Tiffany-ssi hold Top-ssi’s arm. Then TOP-ssi, lower your head as if you are kissing Tiffany’s forehead.” We both did it professionally although my heart is already beating spontaneously.

 

 

“Very good. Next position, TOP-ssi lay your body on the sofa then Tiffany will straddle at your legs.”

 

 

“What?!” I asked in a quite high tone. Isn’t that a bit sensual and e-errh, ? I mentally asked myself.

 

 

“You want to say something Tiffany-ssi?” Ohmygod, this is the first time I lost my composure and professionalism. Relax Tiffany! It’s just a photo shoot. I told myself silently. Hesitantly, I did what he asked. I straddle on his legs uncomfortably.

 

 

I saw the staffs giving me thumbs up. TOP-ssi suddenly wraps his arms on my waist. “I like your professionalism, sweetheart.” He whispered on my ears.

 

 

“You are incorrigible.” I hissed at him.

 

 

“Perfect!” The photographer said. “Now, give me passion. Look at each other as if you were both seducing your partner.” This is really hard. I thought to myself.

 

 

“Relax sweetheart. I won’t bite.” He said then he chuckled. This devil is enjoying my distress. How dare he play with my emotions?

 

 

Then an idea struck inside my head. I mentally laughed about it. Two can play this game.

 

 

I bite my lower lip and gave him a stare that will make his manhood throb in pain. I laughed when I saw his facial expression. He really looks in pain right now.

 

 

“Tiffany you are doing great! TOP what’s with that expression? Come on, you can do better! Be more intimate” the photographer told him sternly. I shifted back my sit on his legs then I grabbed his nape on my face. My forehead is resting on his forehead. This is more likely. Our faces are just few inches away and I can see my effect on him. An evil smile crept on my lips while a grin is now forming on his.

 

 

“You are a temptress, sweetheart.” He said chuckling. I don’t know what happened but I just found myself laughing with him.

 

 

“And cut! That was intense guys! You did great!” the photographer told us. I immediately get up from his lap while my stylist gave me a robe to wear.

 

 

I instantly went to the room and changed into something comfortable. After I changed, I made my way out because I still have another schedule with my members. I saw Top-ssi standing outside the door while his back is leaning on the wall. He smiled at me that made my heart leap with a thousand miles. What had just happened?

 

 

“For a moment, you got me there.” He said chuckling. I held back the laughter coming inside me. I grimace at him. “Serves you right.” I walk away from him but he just caught me again in his arms.

 

 

“You still owe me a lunch, Tiffany-ssi.”

 

 

“I don’t owe you anything. And besides, lunch is already over. Dinner is on the way.” I hissed.

 

 

“Let’s have a truce then. After this dinner, I won’t be bugging you anymore.” He said while wiggling his eyebrows at me. I almost laughed but I just stop myself. I didn’t know that this guy can be like this. To be honest, I really don’t have any idea why the hell he is bugging me. He is starting to get on my nerves.

 

 

“I am sorry Top-ssi, maybe some other time. I have some schedule for today with my members.” I said truthfully. I guess I can be civil with him for a while.

 

 

“Oh, I guess I should just ask you some other time then.” He looks really disappointed but I know better. Why would he’ll be disappointed then huh? I just shrugged.

 

 

I rode my car and bade my goodbye to him. 1 point for Tiffany! I smiled at my own thought.

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

It’s been almost weeks when I’ve done the boldest and daring photo shoot of my life. The cover issue is already out and now my head is throbbing in pain again. My members are now infuriating the hell out of me. They are asking what’s the real score between me and Seunghyun. Jeez, they are acting crazy.

 

 

“There is nothing going on between me and that guy for Pete’s sake!” I scowled at them but they just gave me a naughty grin.

 

 

“Oh but I have eyes, Fany. I can see the spark on the picture. Oh god! But you two are sizzling hot on the cover issue of High Cut magazine.” Jessica said with gleaming eyes. Yeah, after what happened a year ago, she finally paid us a visit in our dorm. I admit I really missed this ice princess.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter