Love at First Sight

The Star of My Life

16 years later

Joong Ki has moved out of the orphanage and rented a rooftop house with his friend Lee Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo is the only friend he had in the orphanage or you can say is that Joong Ki is the only friend who will listen to him. Everyone avoided Kwang Soo because once he opens his mouth, he will talk for hours without stopping. Only Joong Ki will sit there to listen to him (actually Joong Ki was hoping that Kwang Soo will leave him alone when he notice that he did not response).

After work, Joong Ki lay on the chair he place outside and looked up the sky.

“Omma, today my boss gave me a raise for my good performance at work. I will try harder and make you more proud of your son.”

 “Joong Ki, are you telling your mother about your day again? After so many years, this habit of yours has not changed.” Kwang Soo said as he sat down on the chair beside Joong Ki.

“Oh, Kwang Soo, you are back. How was your day? Got scolding from your boss again for talking too much?” Joong Ki .

“Haha, very funny.” Kwang Soo replied sarcastically. “Do you remember when we were 8, you cried for days just because the clouds have block the stars and no stars could be seen for days. That time everyone was worried for you but you refused to eat or go in the room at night. After few days, you fainted and were sent to the hospital. I was really scared that I will lose this close friend of mine.”

“You are just worried that you will not be able to find someone that will not push you away because of your big mouth.” Joong Ki laughed at Kwang Soo. “My mother told me before she died that the brightest star will be her. Luckily the sky cleared up and the stars were back in the sky. But my mother's star became smaller. Let’s go rest. We still have to work tomorrow.”

The next day, Joong Ki went to the fish shop and started working. During weekdays there will not be a lot of customer so he took his time to clean up the tank and feed the fishes. While feeding the fish, he noticed a pretty girl who looked around his age at the other side of the fish tank. She wore a white dress and shoe which made her skin looker even fair.

He decided to walk towards her. But with every step that he took, his heart will start to beat faster and faster “What is wrong with my heart? How should I start the conversation?”

“Excuse me?” Joong Ki jumped a little when she spoke suddenly. “May I know what this is?” the girl said while pointing to the tank.

Joong Ki walked towards her and looked at what she was pointing at. “That is a star fish. A star in the sea.”

“So it is the same as me. We are both stars.” She said while smiling.

“The same as you?” Joong Ki asked with his confused face.

“Yes, I am also a star. A star in the sky.” She smiled brightly.

“She is a weird girl but she is cute when she smile.” Joong Ki thought. “There are other types of starfish here. I can show you if you have time.”

She nodded her head and they spend an hour in the fish shop with Joong Ki introducing the different fishes.

“It’s going to be dark soon. I have to go now.” The girl said as she turned and walked towards the door.

“Oh, I forgot to ask for your name. My name is Song Joong Ki. And you are?”

“My name is Jihyo.”

“Do you have email? I can email you the photo of the different starfish.” Joong Ki was hoping they could still keep in contact.

“I don’t think so. Because I am a star.”

“It’s ok. If you have time you can drop by. I am always here in the morning.”Joong Ki gave a shy smile “Oh, do you have handphone?”

“I don’t think so. Because I am”

“A star.” Joong Ki completed her sentence. “It’s ok. I understand.” Joong Ki thought maybe it is her excuse to refuse his request but still it is a weird excuse.

Jihyo left the shop and Joong Ki thought was all about her the rest of the day. “It seems like I might have fallen for her. I wonder will I still see her tomorrow.”

 

Author note:

Thank you for subscribing my story. =D