His Past

The Star of My Life

Joong Ki became an orphan when he was 6 years old. His mother was a single mom and she gave birth to him when she was only 19. He had lived with his mother in a rented apartment but they were very happy.

2 months before

As usual, Joong Ki’s mother came to fetch him from school. She noticed that he was gloomy and decided to ask when they reach home. When he reached home, he started crying. His mother was shocked and asked him for the reason. “Leo laughed at me saying that I do not have a father and he does not want to be my friend. Omma, why appa don’t want us?”

Joong Ki’s mother hug him and all she could say while crying was “I’m sorry, Joong Ki ya.”

One day, Joong Ki was waiting in school as usual waiting for his mother to fetch him back home. However, she was late today. The longer he waited, the more uneasy he felt. After 30 minutes of waiting, his neighbour came rushing over and talked to the teacher before going towards him.

“Joong Ki ya, your mother got into an accident and she is in the hospital! Hurry, let’s go.” Fear was all he felt. He felt that his world is coming down and he was scared to think of the outcome.

At the hospital

When they reached the hospital, his neighbour carried him and ran towards the emergency room. His mother was still in the operating theatre. They waited outside and his neighbour keep comforting him that his mother will be alright. Minutes later, the doctor and nurse came out.

“We are sorry, we have tried our best. Please go see her for the last time.” The doctor bowed and walked away.

Joong Ki mind went completely blank. Tears streamed down his face and he was sobbing hard. His neighbor had to carry him into the room to see his mother for the last time.

“Omma! Omma!” Joong Ki was shaking his mother’s arm while calling for her. His mother opened her eyes and looked at her precious son. Upon seeing Joong Ki cry, she felt that the pain in her heart is even more painful than the pain she had in the accident.

“Joong Ki ah, don’t cry. Sorry that I could not be with you through your growing stage. After omma is gone, I will become one of the stars in the sky. Remember, when you are feeling sad or lonely, you can look up in the sky and look for the brightest star. That will be me. You can tell me your problem and I will listen to it from above.” His mother said while using her thumb to wipe away his tears. “Be brave, my son. Even though I am no longer physically here beside you, but I will always look over you from above. I….love….you….” Her hand that was on his face drop down and she was gone.

His neighbour and the social helper helped with his mother’s funeral before he was sent to the orphanage. He refused to talk to anyone and refused to play with the other children. However, every night, he will be sitting outside looking up at the brightest star in the sky.

“Omma, I miss you a lot. Why do you have to leave me here? Why can’t you take me along with you? Omma!” Joong Ki cried every night asking the same question. 

 

Author's note:

Joong Ki will be the main character in this story. Please let me know how is the first chapter so that i can improve my writing. =D