Uncertainty

The Star of My Life

Joong Ki’s POV

That night I had a sleepless night. Questions kept popping up in my head about Jihyo, the mysteries girl. Why would she say that she is a star? Maybe she is referring that she is a famous hullyu star. I would rather believe that she is an angel from heaven. Her dress of white makes her look pure and innocent. Like nothing in the world could stain her.

I want to know her better. Maybe I should think of what question to ask her if she comes tomorrow. But, will she turn up tomorrow? Will she feel strange when I start asking her so many questions? How, how, how?

End of POV

Next day

Joong Ki and Kwang Soo had to drag themself to work. He was talking to himself for the whole night and Kwang Soo was worried for the moment that he is talking to a ghost that he had to cover his eyes with his pillow so that he will not see what he should not see. Everytime when Kwang Soo was about to sleep, Joong Ki will make a sudden sound that made him jump. Before they realizes it, it was morning. Both of them did not even sleep.

His usual routine in the work starts on with his pace being slower than before. He is working but his eyes are glued onto the door with hope that Jihyo will be the one who comes in. For the next 1 hour, his emotion went through like a roller-coaster. Whenever the door open, he became happy and he showed his charming smile and his smile disappear immediately the moment he realized that the person was not Jihyo.

“She will not be coming today” Joong Ki gave up all hope and focused on his work on hand.

“Welcome. Just call me when you want to buy” Joong Ki said with an irritated tone without looking at the customer.

“Hi! Did I come at the wrong time?”

“That voice?!” Joong Ki turned and saw Jihyo standing beside him. “O…Oh! You...you’re here. Hi!” Joong Ki immediately showed his charming smile.

For the next 5 minutes, they stood at a fish looking at the fish swimming freely.

“Song Joong Ki, you have to say sometime to break the awkwardness.” Joong Ki kept thinking of different ways of starting the conversation. “Jihyo-ssi, I like you.”

‘What did I just say?! What have I done?!?! Song Joong Ki, are you an idiot. Who in the world will accept your confession when we only met twice. She might not come again. What should I do now? It will be embarrassing to get rejected. Maybe I should pretend to faint now then tell her I did not have enough sleep so my brain have lack of air so I don’t remember what I just said.” Joong Ki was flustered by the confession that came out of his mouth and he kept thinking of ways to undo his mistake.

“I….I like you too” Jihyo confession pulled Joong Ki out of his thoughts.

“Wh…What?!” Joong Ki turned to face Jihyo and started smiling like an idiot and holding Jihyo’s hand.

From that day on, Joong Ki is no longer alone. He started dating Jihyo, a girl who claimed to be a star. Their date will always be in the morning because once night is near, Jihyo had to go off. Because of this, Joong Ki changed to working night shift so that he could spend the whole morning with her. He brought her around Korea and he likes how Jihyo gets excited over every single thing that she saw. Jihyo always wears white for their date and her main accessories will be her star necklace. Joong Ki thought that she must have love white a lot and is easy to match and to him it’s a colour that suits her the most.

2 months later

“Happy birthday to you,

 Happy birthday to you.

 Happy birthday dear Joong Ki,

Happy birthday to you!”

 Jihyo was celebrating Joong Ki’s birthday in their favourite restaurant. “The next thing to do should be…making a wish.”

Joong Ki closed his eyes and said “I wish that Jihyo can have dinner with me.”

“But…” Jihyo was a little shock from Joong Ki’s request. “But I am a star. If I were to have dinner with you, you might not see me again.”

Joong Ki’s POV

I was disappointed with Jihyo’s answer. All I could do was fake a smile hoping that she will not see the disappointment on my face.

I started to feel uncertain about our relationship and a little tired. Even after dating for 2 months, I still do not know much about Jihyo. Her answer to my question will always be “I am a star”.

Why is it whenever I miss you, I could not see you immediately. The night time seems to pass by slowly everyday and all I could do was stare into the darkness, waiting for the sun to rise and waiting for you. Everyday I will be like a silly boy waiting for you to knock on my door so that we will go for a date. You will never tell me how to contact you and every morning when I open my eyes, the first thing that comes to mind was…will you appear today.

Are you really a star? Or the reason was that during the night, you have someone else to accompany you.

End of POV

Joong Ki’s tears started to fall and his heart was in pain thinking of this possibility. That night he decided, he wants her to prove that she is really a star.

 

Author's note:

Sorry for posting late .Please let me know how is the story so far. O, i made a slight changes to the 2nd chapter Thanks! :)