Cafeteria

It Seems Like Forever

Their lunch was coming, Sunggyu could feel it on every part of his body, because since this class started, he never stopped look on his wrist, on his watch. He had a reason for his action. Actually he wasn’t that type of student who had a heart to hate their professor but ugh, please God let him for this one. He never got better than B in this class, he already do his best though, but his professor might has another idea and so that’s what he got. So he had a very nice reason to hate his professor, right?

He clicked his pen in and out, in and out, in and out and sighed loudly when he found he stare into his watch again and it’s 12.05 PM. People and their tardiness, nowadays. Why so hard just to let he had his lunch?

For almost one and half hour of Professor Lee lecture, Sunggyu was never stop remembering about what menu for today’s lunch and what should he eat for today. He wrecked his meal time for these 2 weeks and today he didn’t get any food since last night. Damn his tasks and his bad habit.

They started this class at 10.05 AM and now, clearly he saw at his watch, 12.05 PM—repeat—12.05 PM!! But no other sound he found than his professor’s voice plus his friends whispered about a serial TV, new released novel or movie they just watched about gang of superheroes and his friends beside him, talked about how Sungjong finally going out with Howon, one of baseball jock at their campus. Sigh, people and their access to information, nowadays.  

He couldn’t care less about it, who the hell needed that information, when their lunch time, that supposed to be at 11.45 AM, delayed until 12 PM and now, ing 12.05 PM!

On cue, 12.06 PM, the bell of lunch finally rang, saved Sunggyu from suspended or worse expelled, not only from his class but also from his campus. He nearly exploded and said something inappropriate; thank you God for always loved him.

Sunggyu maybe could win any medals in race run even in Olympic level, because after hastily put his stuffs into his bag, he passed through all of his friends who were slowly proceeded to the door and like in one go he already stood at front line, ready to exit of their class, when he bumped into someone’s chest, nearly fell and bruised his body.

But, despite the gravity pulled him down, he ended up in someone’s chest again, a hand pulled his waist nearer to that chest and his nostrils filled with a familiar scent. This scent can never be mistaken for Sunggyu to recognize it right away, Nam Woohyun’s. He smelled like a sun and sweat, his cologne, lotion or his soap mingled and wafted from his body.

In a moment of it, Sunggyu inhaled deeply, he worshiped Woohyun’s scent—keep it secret, please—before looked up to be stare by Woohyun’s tingled eyes. His lips slowly changed into smile, his personal own smile, which Sunggyu thought only for him.

He felt his heart clenched and his stomach full of bubbles or butterflies, he didn’t care, because Woohyun, agonizingly leaned into his nose. It was his lips brushed Sunggyu’s nose as he said,

“Aww… that’s hurt,” he had his mint breath, “and please be careful. No one will steal your lunch and I’m always waiting for you, so don’t go around reckless,” he continued as Sunggyu heard his friend's voice nearer.

Sunggyu felt his heart flipped over at it place, jumped to his throat, oh how first time would always excite every people. He stunned when Woohyun backed off his lips and his smiled never faltered.

“Why you standing in front of my class?” Sunggyu found his voice, finally. He didn’t mean it like that; just want to dismiss the feel he felt right now.

“I think you need my company and please thank me because I just saved your ,” replied the other man as he pulled Sunggyu to the side. The crowd inside his class were exiting.

“I don’t need your company, excuse you,” Sunggyu found his classmates went to the other way, obviously to the cafeteria. He chuckled when Woohyun gave him face.

“And thank you for save my ,” he added.

“Anytime,” Woohyun shrugged.

Suddenly Sunggyu felt a hand on his waist again and he looked at the hand before shifted his gaze to the man beside him. This time Sunggyu gave Woohyun a looked and a raised brow.

“So you won’t go around reckless just to get a seat,” Woohyun smiled and who was Sunggyu to decline it?

--

The line for their lunch orders already shrunk to 5 people as Sunggyu clicked his tongue and tapped his foot impatiently since he and Woohyun entered the cafeteria. Actually, reasons why he frowned and glared at Woohyun plus acted impatiently, was not just because he got the last place to order.  Woohyun could always successfully made his day from heaven to hell.

He could occupy that place in front of him, but Woohyun decided to act as a douche, passed through Sunggyu and took it. He even mockingly laugh while he pointed at Sunggyu's upset face. Gentleman from hell. He hated last place. Everybody hated last place! So when Woohyun turned around again and gave him his personal own smile, Sunggyu snorted.

“Are you 5?” Woohyun chuckled. He knew what makes Sunggyu glared at him, but he loved to tease Sunggyu.

“I can act whatever I want. You don’t need to care.”

“Sulking?” and he parted his lips as he laughed. Sunggyu hated the effect of that laugh to him.

“Whatever,” rolled his eyes and Sunggyu wandered his eyes through the cafeteria. They just leaned on the food's display counter, waited for their turn. He spotted Dongwoo with his classmates on one of the table and found Howon with Sungjong at the same table. Couple of the month, people said. He saw them stared into each other, their foods untouched. They talked about something which made them forgot about their foods, typically a new couple.

Sunggyu doubted this couple will last long as he knew about Sungjong reputation and Howon who once Dongwoo’s and he shifted his eyes to Dongwoo, wondered what the other party felt when he saw his ex with another guy. They were shamelessly flirting as Dongwoo sat not too far.

“Someone could stole your place, wandering eyes,” Woohyun said to his ear and on reflex Sunggyu turned his head to Woohyun and found his face, too close for his sanity and all of the thought of Howon, Sungjong, Dongwoo, flushed out from his brain.

He looked at Woohyun, his eyes first and found his eyes shimmering with something and Sunggyu shifted his gaze to the other lips, plump and red and soft. Wrong choice, because he stared at it like a kid was given their first toys, like a doctor was given his first rare case, like an archeologist when they found a new fossil. What happen in his mind was what the taste of that lips? Could he feel the softness? Could they synchronize their lips together? Sunggyu wondered how to do that.

“Stop staring at me,” the sound of Woohyun’s voice brought him back. “Or my lips, precisely.”

He couldn’t sound out his mind, so he keep his mouth shut. He prefer to stare at Woohyun’s eyes.

“We can make a ruckus here if you didn’t stop staring at my lips,” his voice thick with something and Sunggyu knew what was that, the moment he met Woohyun’s eyes. It was dark and full of…. want.

“O-okay…” stuttered when Sunggyu brought down his head, decided to look at his shoes. He should wash them.

“Yeah, I want the one with mashed potato…” he heard Woohyun ordered.

“Make it two,” Sunggyu tried to talk and his voice was so tiny. Cleared his throat, he tried again, “make it two.”

“Okay, I heard you first, Gyu,” Woohyun said as he informed the worker about his ordered and turned back again to saw Sunggyu.

Woohyun stared at the down-headed Sunggyu and his heart swell into something bigger than his fist as he saw Sunggyu played with his shoes front. Then, the brown haired man in front of him sighed, moved his head to the people at the cafeteria again, watched around and stopped at Myungsoo’s table.

Woohyun followed where Sunggyu’s eyes stopped and saw Myungsoo was laughing with Sungyeol, who sat in front of him, talked about restroom and he should wait for Sungyeol and not to order first.

Sungyeol had a bite of his sandwich and pouted when Myungsoo’s laugh still didn’t stop.

“Stop it, ! Why you are laughing? You should feel guilty!” it was Sungyeol.

“How can I feel guilty? Your expression worth it all,” Myungsoo played with Sungyeol's patience.

“Idiot! Oh god!” Woohyun heard Sungyeol’s voice strangled, started to cry.

“My god, Yeol! Are you a baby?”

“Yeah, I am!” Sungyeol practically screamed at Myungsoo.

Woohyun and Sunggyu still stood there when Myungsoo stopped his laugh and his eyes changed from playful into something toward the man in front of him. Woohyun saw Myungsoo put his sandwich aside, sighed and lifted his body a little, halted when he just a few centimeter from Sungyeol's face

Sungyeol still busy sulked at Myungsoo, he didn’t realize when Myungsoo moved his front hair and made Sungyeol stare at him. They were so close and Myungsoo hesitate a little, which one he should kiss and after a moment he kissed Sungyeol, on his forehead, deep.

Woohyun moved his head and he saw Sunggyu’s eyes brighten. They saw the romantic scene happened in their cafeteria and just like a movie, the chatter around them magically stolen by someone. When Sunggyu darted his eyes back at him again, eyes still bright and smile marked his face, Woohyun felt his body immobile. He thought he should do it and Woohyun did the only thing he wanted to do since they bumped in front of Sunggyu’s class back then. Or maybe since forever.

His hand moved as he gave his brain, muscle and nerves a command, arms reached the beauty in front of him, placed his fingers on Sunggyu’s fringe and slowly moved it aside as he leaned over and kissed Sunggyu on the forehead. Sunggyu’s eyes never bigger than this.


I don't know, does this make sense to you? if not, I'm sorry. This just a fluff fluff but... yeah. ENJOY!!