Brewed Coffee

It Seems Like Forever

“Hey.”

‘Hmmm…”

“Why don’t you sleep, Gyu?”

“I tried. I think the coffee moment ago kick me right.”

“I told you don’t. It’s nearly midnight, you need sleep.”

“Yeah, I will try, again.”

“I’m on my room. You better sleep when I close this door.”

“Yeah, I said I will try.”

And Myungsoo closes the door with Sunggyu back still facing him on the bed. Truth to be told, since this morning Sunggyu looked lifeless. When he opened Sunggyu’s door this morning to wake him up, he saw that man sitting at his desk, staring at nothing because he had his eyes close. Did he sleep? Did he up to do something? Did his tasks not yet done? That’s what Myungsoo thought as he took every step, nearer than before and when finally stood behind him, Myungsoo didn’t see anything in front of him. Nothing. He touched the hunched shoulder in front of him and Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes, sighed softly and turned his head toward Myungsoo, looked up to smiling face of Myungsoo. His face maybe looked calm but, no one can lie to him when he already knows this man for his entire life.

--

Smell of new brewed coffee, when he stepped out from his room, made Sunggyu frown a little. He knew the one who made this morning coffee.

“You exist in every place I go. You show up everytime I close my eyes, you stand there wherever I look, what on earth you do to me?” he heard Woohyun. Woohyun’s face too serious and Sunggyu just cringed when he heard that.

“Come on! Don’t be so greasy in the very morning!” Sunggyu laughed. His hair a little damp from water he washed his face with. He had a morning class today and some tasks couldn’t take any excuses last night, so he still sat in front of his table until 2 AM just to finish his tasks. Perks of being procrastinator?

He woke up early and saw Woohyun in front of their tv, watched one of Vampire Diaries episode. Why the hell this man watched that?

“I tried to see what my words doing to you,” he said as he turned back to the tv again, “coffee?”

“Yes, please,” Sunggyu walked to the sofa and sat beside Woohyun. He tried to reach Woohyun’s mug on their coffee table when another hand, grabbed it before him, turned out to be the owner of the mug.

“Get your own, please. This is mine,” while said that, he sipped from his mug, “and since when you drink coffee in the morning?” Woohyun looked to the man besides him.

“I got a very bad habit to always works near the deadline, we called it procrastinate and I’m a very big procrastinator,” Sunggyu replied, scowled to man beside him, as he stood, walked to their kitchen. “And morning class such a big enemy, little bit of caffeine doesn’t hurt me or my appetite,” halted on his way to the kitchen, Sunggyu added, “anyway, where is Myungsoo?”

“You knew where is he,” his eyes still on tv, when he continued, his face on Sunggyu and he tried to put Myungsoo’s expression, “but let me tell you again what he said to me last night. ‘I’m gonna leave you two alone. I know this is a very big disadvantage for me, because I paid my part for this place but I feel like this place is yours, both you and Sunggyu and ugh I don’t want to make my eyes sore when I see you two and that’s why I’m going into Sungyeol’s place, for a better me and you two’ while he put his clothes on one of his black suitcase,” Woohyun non-stop recited what Myungsoo’s said.

“And I guess that’s not the only reason,” Woohyun wriggled his brow, with smirk on his lips. Sunggyu couldn’t hold his laugh as he imagined how Myungsoo tried to find some excuses for him to go to Sungyeol’s place because there must be his evil roommate and Sometimes he could never understand what Myungsoo meant of this place was theirs, both him and Woohyun.

“Why you didn’t tell me?” Sunggyu said as he felt an urge to laugh lessen.

“Because for me and Myungsoo, we better sneak into lion’s den then go to your room last night.” Woohyun words made Sunggyu smiled. They were really knew him.

“Thank you for not disturb me last night,” he said, could not hold his amusement toward them. They just cute.

“Yeah, welcome, anytime…..” Sunggyu couldn’t hear what Woohyun said after that because he stood in front of their kitchen drawer to fished out his mug.

Actually coffee never could be his favorite and he would drink this beverage only when he needed a very strong drink to keep him awake for whole day, because how could he drink some soju in the morning and hoped for a normal day?

When he already faces the coffee maker and Woohyun’s coffee still there, he smiled. As long as he lived with Woohyun, he would always love Woohyun’s coffee. His favorite coffee, to be honest. This beverage would never be in his list of favorite when he stood on the line at Starbucks or any café. He didn’t know what coffee bean he used in his coffee but maybe the sugar and the way he pressed them then the temperature of his water when he filled this coffee maker, made his coffee always had that taste. Same, familiar, always, for as long as Sunggyu knew.

He poured his coffee into his favorite mug, the red one with black ‘KIM’ written on it. He got this mug on his friend’s garage sale with Woohyun and guess what, Woohyun got a same type of mug at that place too, which Woohyun’s had another color with ‘NAM’ written on it. Oh universe.

His mug already on his lips, he barely tasted his favorite coffee, when suddenly he found himself in someone’s hug. Arms circled around his waist and he felt the kiss on his neck, shoulder and finally a chin settled on Sunggyu’s shoulder. The kisses sent a shiver through his body even though he felt the temperature of his kitchen rose up suddenly.

“You, must be didn’t put any attention to me when you’re with my coffee. I don’t know what so fascinating about it,” he heard Woohyun’s so near his to cheek,  “I like how nice your scent even in the morning, plus this coffee steam on your body. I want to hug you all day,” he chuckled. Sunggyu stiffen, his glass in mid-air.

“That’s what I said before you lost all of your attention from me” Woohyun whispered to his ear and Sunggyu felt all of his head until the tip of his hair gone red because of that.

“You don’t know how much of you I want to posses,” he continued and snuggled his head in Sunggyu’s neck, inhaled and puffed a hot breath. Sunggyu couldn’t produce any words, when Woohyun tightened his hug and the only thing he could do was lean onto the body behind him. He put his glass on the counter, necessity of caffein forgotten.

The silence in their kitchen was the type of calm, nice silence, because Sunggyu more than anything want to hug Woohyun’s back, instead he put his hands over Woohyun’s and closed his eyes, enjoyed every moment with Woohyun’s breathe on his left cheek, coffee scented from his parted lips near his ear and not to mention, Woohyun’s coffee scented body.

Yeah, so much for didn’t know what themselves are.