Final.

Star Date

Wait What???? I must have read it wrong, silly me, I closed my eyes, Okay, breathe in….and out…Right as I opened my eyes, the intercom went on.

“Now Boarding Flight 1112 to Seoul, South Korea at Gate 17,” the lady recited in Japanese before repeating the phrase in English.

“We better get going,” my travel companion said.

“Mmmm,” I sighed as I quickly tucked my phone away before boarding the plane. I guess I’ll just read it inside the plane.

Once I settled into my assigned seat, I pulled out my phone and carefully read the email.

 

Dear Miss ­­_______,

 

CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve won a date with G-dragon! You have been selected as the winner of our “Win a Date with G-Dragon” contest. As stated in the contest outlines, Star Date will be providing for all expenses of the date including travel costs. Details for the date is provided below:

 

Day: June 25

Location: XX Hotel

Time: 7:00pm-9:00pm

 

As we said before, all travel costs will be taken care of, please contact us for your pick-up location; however, if you choose to arrive by your own method of transportation, please contact us about it.

Please be aware, that a commemorative photo will be taken of you with G-dragon at the end of the night. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us as soon as possible.

Again, congratulations on winning, your submission was personally selected by G-Dragon himself.

 

“Omo,” I bit my lip, a date with G-dragon? When is it supposed to be? The 25thI checked the date on my phone, Today it’s the 23rd…WHY ARE THEY ONLY EMAILING ME NOW? OMO. Opening the calendar app, I checked my schedule. Oh, I am free for the 25th at that time…Sighhhh, a date with G-Dragon, huh? I look at the email once more and read the last line, “Your submission was personally selected by G-Dragon himself.” I felt warmth fill my chest, Did I really submit something to this contest? I wondered, I wonder how I was selected, I giggled, either way, I can’t wait for our date Mr. G-Dragon. I smile softly as I close my eyes and fall asleep.

 


*Flashback*

“Unnie!” a girl yelled at me, “Are you really going to do it?”

I took another sip of my drink, “Why not?” I giggled, “What’s the harm of submitting an entry for this contest?”

She rolled her eyes at me, “But why would you do it in the first place?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “Just for the fun of it?” I took another sip, enjoying the effect of the alcohol in me, “Plus, it’s not like I’m going to win.”

“Exactly, so what’s the point?”

Downing the rest of my drink, I called the bartender for another one, “Just for fun,” I pouted. Right as the bartender handed me a drink, I started drinking it, “Ahhhhh, this tastes so good,” I giggle.

“Aigoo,” she laughed, “I’m just wondering why you would want to go a date with G-Dragon if you already have a man.”

I put down my drink and just gave her a blank stare.

“What?” she asked raising an eyebrow at me.

Latching onto her arm, I pouted, “But its G-Dragon!!”

“Aish,” She tugged her arm out of my grasp, “Fine, just do whatever you want, I’m not judging you anymore. I’m just saying your man is going to be jealous once he hears you want to go on a date with G-Dragon.”

“No, he won’t,” I giggled as I opened the contest application.

[Prompt: Please write in under 250 words about what you think love is.]

*End of Flashback*


 

June 25th

 

Donning a simple white strapless chiffon dress, sleek black high heels, and a black purse, I follow the waiter to our table. The table that was reserved by Star Date was located in a private room towards the back of the hotel restaurant.

Pulling out a chair for me, the waiter gestured for me to sit down, “Thank you,” I smiled as I sat down. Glancing at the clock, it read that it was already 15 minutes past 7. I raise an eyebrow, “Where is he?” I quietly mumbled.

“Ah, Mr. G-Dragon has already called ahead saying he will be a little late due to traffic, he should be here soon though Miss,” the waiter said, “Ah,” He bowed, “My name is Kim Myung Soo, and I’ll be your waiter for tonight. Please click the call button if you need anything,” He gestured to a small red button on the table.

“Ah, yeah,” I nodded as I read his name tag, “Has anyone told you that you look like L from Infinite?”

He chuckled, “A couple of times, it must be because we have the same names. I’ll get going now,” he bowed again.

Ten minutes passed before the doors to the room opened again.

“Sorry for being late, I was caught up in some traffic,” the man who just entered apologized without looking in my direction.

“Ah, it’s okay,” I smiled as I stood up and greeted him.

“Wow,” he froze for a second before flashing a sweet smile, “They never told me the name of the person who won this contest, now I know why.”

I raised an eyebrow, “But I was under the interpretation that you personally selected the winner of the contest. Didn’t you see the name then?”

“Nope,” he shook his head, “They didn’t let me. I think that was to keep it unbiased when selecting a winner,” he said as he took a seat.

“Ah, that makes sense,” I settled in my seat as well.

“Who knew such a beautiful woman would win,” he smiled, “But then again, you wrote such beautiful words in your entry so I knew you’d have to be beautiful…beautiful inside and out.”

I felt my cheeks heat up, “Thanks,” I shyly smiled.

“Hmmm,” He rested his cheek on his palm, “Do you have a boyfriend Miss Park?”

“Why? Are you perhaps interested?” I asked.

He chuckled and picked up his glass, “Who knows?” He swirled the wine around before taking a sip.

Before anything else could be said, the food was brought in. Plates containing delicate, but tantalizing food filled the table. Forgetting the previous conversation, the only words that were spoken between the two were to compliment the delicious food and light conversation.

As the waiter cleared the plates, he said, “Dessert shall be served shortly. I was also told to inform Mr. G-Dragon and Miss Park that the commemorative photo will be taken when the dessert arrives.”

“Thank you,” G-Dragon smiled to the waiter causing the waiter to start blushing as he left the private room, “We really got distracted by the delicious food,” he chuckled, “Now where were we? Oh yes,” he smirked, “You never answer my question, do you have a boyfriend Miss Park?”

I nervously took a sip of my wine, “Yes.”

“Ah, what a shame,” he grinned, “But I suppose it would be surprising if such a beautiful woman, such as yourself, was single.”

Avoiding eye contact, I kept my eyes on my wine glass, “Are you always this flirtatious around woman Mr. G-dragon?” I looked over at him.

He shrugged before leaning over to place his chin on his intertwined hands, “What can I say? I love women, especially beautiful women,” playfulness danced in his eyes.

“Is that why you decided to participate in this silly contest? In the hopes of flirting with a beautiful woman?” I boldly ask.

“I was bored,” he smirked, “Plus, I needed some help.”

“Help?” I asked with confusion, “How did participating in this help you?”

He slowly stood up with his glass in hand, “I wanted to see how other people perceived love,” he said thoughtfully as he took a sip.

“Why? A new song?” I asked as I watched him slowly walk around the room.

“No,” he lightly shook his head without looking at me, “I wanted to figure out the most perfect way to convey my love to someone.”

“Someone? Girlfriend?” I smirked over at him.

He grinned back, “That’s private information Miss Park.”

“I see,” I smile as I took another sip, “That Japanese model you’ve had scandals with?” I teased.

He stiffened upon hearing my question, “Why are you teasing me so Miss Park?” he asked as he started to walk towards me.

“It’s entertaining,” I smiled, “isn’t that the point of this date? To entertain one of your dedicated fans?”

“So you are my fan Miss Park?” he smirked, “Not TOP, Taeyang, Daesung, or Seungri?” The last name sounding harsher than the rest.

“Well,” I continued teasing him, “I am a big fan of Big Bang, plus pandas are pretty cute.”

His eyes narrowed slightly for a second before he recomposed himself, “I see,” he said quietly.

“I wonder what’s going to be for dessert,” I smiled thinking about it, “Hopefully something with strawberries in it.”

He chuckled, “Maybe, by the way,” he bit his lip, “Why did you enter this contest?”

“Just like the contest’s name, I wanted to win a date with G-Dragon,” I said.

“I see,” he raised an eyebrow but didn’t ask further, “Was it like you thought it’d be?”

“Hmmm,” I tapped my chin, “not quite, you're a lot more hmm..." I tried to think of the right word, "normal, than I thought. I didn't think it would be this easy talking to you. I also didn’t think you did this in order to actually help with your personal love life.”

“Well, we all do crazy things for the ones we love, don’t we?” he said as he met my eyes.

His gaze made my heart start to race, my lips started to dry as I struggled to find a reply to him.

“I mean, take me for example,” he continued on as maintained eye contact with me and continued to come closer to me. Unknown to both of us, the door to the room quietly opened as the waiter brought in our desserts followed by a photographer. “I did all of this in order to find the most perfect words to say to the girl I love.”

Lost in our own world, we didn’t notice the photographer started recording us while the waiter stood there frozen as the door silently closed behind them.

“She must be really special, huh?” I said as I tried to evade his gaze.

“Yeah, she’s the most important person to me. She’s let me experience a new kind of love, a love so deep and vibrant, I don’t ever want to let it go. Love is one of a kind. Love is alive, it is happiness. But love can be crooked, it can be pitch black and ugly,” he stared intensely into my eyes, “Love can also simply be a lie. However, at the end of the day, love is life. Love is us. Me and You."

“Th-those,” I bit my lip nervously, “That was what I wrote for my submission, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah,” he said softly as he gently took my left hand.

I gasped, “What are you doing Mr. G-Dragon?” I asked as I tried tugging my hand out of his hold. “I told you have a boyfriend.”

His grip on me tightened, “Let’s stop the pretenses Sandara,” He pouted.

I looked up at him and giggled, “But it was funny and I’m Miss Park right now, and like I said,” I successfully pulled my hand away from him, “I have a boyfriend.”

He gave me an amused smiled, “I see, and who would that be?”

“That’s private information Mr. G-Dragon,” I imitated him making him laugh.

“What am I going to do with you Darong?” He asked as he reclaimed my hand, “Should we go another date?” he smirked.

“Like I said, I have a boyfriend,” I smiled, “And I love him a lot more than G-Dragon.”

“He’s a pretty lucky guy,” he pouted, “choosing him over G-Dragon, hmph,” he sulked.

“Yeah,” I giggled, “Kwon Jiyong is a pretty lucky guy, but I think I’m the luckier one.”

Hearing those words, he looked over and his grinned widely, “Nope, I know he is definitely the luckier one, but do you know what would make him be the luckiest man in the world?”

“Hmm?” I giggled, but immediately stopped as he knelt down onto one knee.

“He would be the luckiest man in the world if Sandara Park agreed to be his wife,” he stared at me with loving eyes, “Will you marry me? Me, not G-Dragon, not the leader of Big Bang, but me, Kwon Jiyong, just plain Kwon Jiyong. Will you marry me, Sandara Park?” he asked as he pulled out a beautiful diamond ring out of his pocket.

Tears started to stream out of my eyes, “Yes,” I nod as he slipped the ring onto my finger and enveloped me in a hug.

“I love you Dara,” he whispered into my ear before passionately kissing me. We pulled away from each other, breathless from the kiss. He leaned his forehead onto mine, staring deeply into my eyes as he gently wiped away the remaining tears, “Love is a lot of things, but our love is never a lie,” he said as he kissed me again.

All of a sudden clapping could be heard, “Hmm?” I looked over in surprise at the photographer and waiter clapping their hands.

“Congratulations on your engagement!” They said, "You're such a beautiful couple."

My eyes widened in realization, “Omo,” I cried as I went to hide behind Jiyong, “They saw us Jiyongie.”

“It’s okay baby,” he wrapped his arm around my waist, “I told you I’d figure out a way for us to go public.”

I gaped at him, “You planned all of this???”

“Well, not all of it,” he smiled, “I didn’t plan on you winning the contest, but he,” he pointed to the photographer, “does work for me. I made the Star Date staff use him instead of their own photographer as soon as I saw you. Plus, I've had your ring in my pocket for weeks now waiting for the perfect time to ask you.”

“Oh,” I blushed and nodded in happiness.

“Send me that video,” Jiyong asked the photographer, “And make sure it doesn’t get leaked.”

“Understood,” the man nodded, “I still need to take a commemorative photo for Star Date though.”

Jiyong nodded, “of course, ah,” he noticed the waiter, “You can place those on the table, and please don’t say anything about what happened in here.”

“Of course not,” Myung Soo replied as he placed the two strawberry shortcakes on the table.

“Okay ready?” The photographer held up his camera as Jiyong went down on his knee again. He took my left hand in his and kissed the ring that was now on my finger while looking up at me. I must be the luckiest girl in the world to be able to have you, I smiled.

“One. Two. Three,” *Flash* “Okay, I’m going to take a second one, Ready? One. Two. Three,” *Flash* “Alright, this should be good,” he said after checking the two photos.

“Ah, can you take one more?” Jiyong asked him.

“Of course,” he replied holding his camera up once more.

All of a sudden Jiyong’s arm was under my knees as he lifted me up bridal style making me instinctively wrap my arms around his neck.

“Ready?” the camera man said, I leaned closer to Jiyong and kissed his cheek, feeling his cheeks move as he smiled. “Okay. One. Two. Three,” *Flash* “One more, okay? One. Two. Three.”

I pulled away before shyly looking away, “you can put me down now.”

“Never,” he chuckled.

“But-” I started to protest.

“I love you,” he interrupted and kissed my forehead, “And I will never let you go.”

“I love you too,” I leaned forward, bringing my lips to his. I will never let you go, ever.

 

Love is a lot of different things, but in the end Love is…Us. Me and You.

 

 


A/N: I hope you enjoyed that haha...sorry it's so cheesy and fluffy, but fluffy things are nice hahaha

Please leave a comment ^__^ Did you know it was going to be Dara? I wanted to leave you guys guessing, but I did tag the story as Daragon...so who knows xD

Thanks for reading! Until next time! Pyong~