Chapter 14

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

“Our past creates futures, so stop living in it instead learn from it and move forward”

Third person P.O.V

“Young lady?” Han asks his mom. “Is she short and petite and has brown hair and is really pretty like when you look at her you’ll think you’re looking at an angel?” He asks again without realizing he has described her too much making his mom smile wide.

“Why yes dear, have you happened to talk to her or meet her?” She asks back.

Han grins. “You’ll know why—soon.” He says and he turns around to get his phone to call on to Irene.

The number you have dialed is out of reach, please try again later.

“Hmm.. She must still be sleeping?” He wonders as he looks at his phone and sighs. “Tsk that girl is really a heavy sleeper.” He then chuckles and gets on his way to the field to do his daily exercise routine and meet his dad who’ll be observing him in his training.

Irene’s P.O.V

How is this possible? Am I still dreaming? This is not true…..Right? I tried slapping myself lightly and pinching myself just in case I am still asleep and is dreaming but—dang that hurts. So…. It’s true…

Why? Why is this happening to me? Just when my relationship with Han got back to normal and I was able to fix the earlier problem another comes right after it and seems to be much worse?

I sit into a bench in the park to rest and breathe for a while before I pass out in the middle of the park. I stare at the river and took a deep breathe.

Xiao is Han. Han is Xiao… What if he hates Joohyun? But wait—he calls me joohyun, does he know it’s me? The same joohyun from when he was young? Or Is he planning a revenge or something on me that’s why he’s been sweet and has succeeded in winning my heart and when  I fall really deep he’ll dump me? What if he doesn’t know and when he finds out that’s when he’ll leave me and hate me. Oh god what do I do? These thoughts will kill me.

I run my fingers on my hair tugging it lightly out of frustration. What should I do? I sighed. Then I look at the two kids playing along the river banks.

“Yah jiyeon-ah! Don’t play there, you might fall.” The little boy calls onto the girl.

“But- Aish arrasso!” The little girl walks towards the boy and held hands with him walking away from the river and running towards the grassland.

If only I was that obedient before. We wouldn’t have fallen and we might even still be really good friends right now—and maybe… I just found myself tearing up at the memory.

“Irene-ah? What happened- what are you doing here?” I was distracted by the sudden exclamation. I looked as to who was speaking and saw my brother, Minho.

“Op-oppa.” I cried and hugged him tightly, burying my face on him and sobbing.

“What happened? Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?” He asks worriedly.

I look at him still sobbing as I bit my lower lip. He hugs me and rubs my back, making me sit back to the bench.

Like I was a little kid who needs ice cream to be able to calm down and stop crying he bought me a big cone and one of his own and we ate it in silence, when I was no longer tearing up he then asks why I was crying.

“Oppa… Xiao..” I said softly.

I can see he was surprised when I mentioned Xiao. He knows how hurt I was with what happened and was scared to even mention his name and call me joohyun in fright that I might recall the past and cry about it again all day.

“Wh-what about him?” He asks. “Did—did he show up?”

I nodded and his eyes widens.

“Did he hurt you?”

I shook my head.

“Are you sure it’s Xiao? Are you not dreaming? Or maybe you were mistaken?” He asks again.

“I am certain oppa.” I say sighing as I recall what happened earlier. “Ahjumma is here too, I saw them talking that’s why I am sure it’s him.” I say.

“I see. It’s best we don’t get mixed up with their life again. We have all moved on and will be fine living without each other.” He says.

“The flowers I order every day is from their flower shop.” I said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

“What?” He then gasps. “Does that mean—“

Wait- how did he know…

“Mean what?”

“Nothing.”  He remains silent.

“That Han is Xiao? Yes…. But how did you know?” I asked back.

“I saw him delivering a flower before and even threatened him to never see you again.” He confess as he looks down.

“You did what?!” I frowned.

“You can’t blame me. I just don’t like that conceited jerk.” He says.

“Yah!”

“Are we fighting over this again?” He says through gritted teeth.

Okay I shall not push further.  “I am sorry oppa.” I say.

“I am sorry but I like him. I really do and what hurts and kills me the most is that that same guy is Xiao, someone I who I have hurt before and it scares me that he might hate me when he finds out.” I confessed too starting to tear up again.

Luckily my brother didn’t get mad instead he sighs and pulls me into a hug.

“I don’t like what will come out of my mouth but you have to talk to him about this- and clear things out, tell him the truth before he finds out from someone else that would hurt less.” He says and I nodded.

I spent the rest of the day in my room, sulking and worrying about my problem all day. I’ve also been ignoring Han’s texts and messages. I am not ready to face him yet. I don’t actually have a face to show him—

-----

I frowned as I end the call, out of frustration I threw my phone in my bag and headed to the shower.

“Lover’s quarrel?” My team mate asks me.

“I don’t know. She’s not answering my calls nor replying to my messages.” I say as I turn on the shower.

“Hmm maybe you said or did something wrong, you should try recalling everything you did.” He suggests.

Hmm.. Maybe I should? But I don’t think I did something to make her mad? I started recalling everything we did the last time we were together till now…

Was it the peck? Did she get mad? Was I acting too fast that she doesn’t like? Oh no…

I move quickly to finish my shower before quickly heading out the field to go to her house. I can’t stand it anymore, we should fix this thing out before we get into another argument, I can’t stand to not see her talk to her nor be with her for weeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter