Chapter 15

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15 – “FINAL CHAPTER”

“One of the best in the world is when the person you love appreciates every single thing you do for them.”

Lu han’s P.O.V

“Han! Get up now, it’s time to work up and get that body moving.” I hear my dad shout from downstairs.

I groaned as I turn to my side, too lazy to get up.

It’s Sunday, meaning it’s time for me to go to the field with him as he watch my performance and skills in football and do some of his observation and coaching. To be honest it’s tiring since…. I didn’t really like football as much as he does, I mean don’t get me wrong playing football is really a passion of mine but it’s just a simple passion. I am not dreaming to be on the biggest team or national team, I just want to play for the sake of playing, for fun and you get me but as for my dad, football is everything. He thinks of it as my future. He wants me to be on the national team, get on the highest colleges with football or athletic scholarship. He didn’t ask what I really like to do.

Then I heard the door crack open and the next thing I knew my dad’s already in my room. I felt someone pull on my blanket. Ugh. I groaned as I sit up in my bed. “I don’t feel like training today.” I say.

My dad sits beside me and pats my back hard. “You’re just saying that out of laziness, wait till you feel the fresh air slapping your face as you run in a big field. You’ll get in the vibe real quick.” He says.  

“Now get up and get ready, I’ll wait for you downstairs.” He says and leaves my room leaving me sighing as I lay back on my bed.

I am left with no choice but to get up of my bed and head straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

---

After the long hours of training, it has finally come to an end. I sit in the bench as my dad sits beside me and gives me a pat in the shoulder.

“Are you having troubles lately soon? Your performance seems to be lacking in some parts but I am sure you’ll get back in track. Whatever it is that’s bothering you, you should fix it soon.” He says as he stands up and gets his keys.

“I’ll go ahead now, your mom wants me to pick her up by the supermarket.”

“Alright dad.” I say.

I stayed here for a few more minutes before deciding to leave but as I stand up I come face to face with Minho.

“Minho.” I say as I look at him.

He looks back before he calls on me too. “Lu… or would you prefer to be called by your old nickname, Xiao?” He says keeping his straight face.

Ofcourse he should know by this time. Irene said she doesn’t like keeping secrets from him.

“Can we talk?” I ask him.

Then we stayed here in the field by the bench watching the empty field with sprinklers spinning around refreshing the grass.

“So… Joohyun—I mean Irene must have told you already.” I started.

He nods. “At first I didn’t want to believe her. I mean everything sounds so unreal—like one you would just read from an online fic or movies.” He sort of snorted.

“I know how unbelievable it is but I guess fate has its own way of playing with us?” I shrugged then sighed. “I’m sorry.” I say.

“For what?” He asks.

“For everything.” I looked down. “I didn’t know I’ve hurt Joohyun that much with what happened in the past and hurt her again for the second time but I did fix it already and I can assure you my intentions with her are clean.” I say raising my hand in the air like a kid pledging to be good for a candy. 

He just raised his brows.

“Plus, I am sorry about me—this football things, my cockiness, our rivalry, everything.” I say.

He scoffed. “Don’t be, it’s not like I lost with cheating or anything, you have skills kid use it wisely.” He says.

I sighed. “Honestly…” I started then told him about how football is not really my thing when it comes to career thingy.

“Seriously?” He asks in disbelief. “Well I respect your interests and everything but you’re pretty skilled so I guess that’s why your dad pushes you hard for this.”

“Well with these hardcore trainings I guess I got that skilled.” I shrugged.

“But I respect your decision. You should talk this out with your dad, it would be best to settle things before it gets hard.” Minho advices.

“Thanks.” I said. “So are you allowing me to court your sister now?” I ask out of the blue in hopes to get his permission already.

“What?” He scoffs. “we’ll see about that.”

“I take that as a yes?” I ask in high hopes again.

“No.” He groans.

“Why not?” I ask pouting like a kid.

“I’ll head to the field now, shall practice since we have a match tomorrow.” Minho says as he stands from the bench.

“Would you like some help? Like sparring partner or something?” I suggest, and he smiles.

End of P.O.V

I pace back and forth as I stand outside the flower shop. How do I face her and tell her everything without breaking her heart? What if she still hates me? What if she bans me from seeing han? That can’t happen.

“Joohyun?” Someone held on my shoulder and I almost jumped out of my place with the sudden act.

“Yah! You scared me.” I frown as I cross my arms and Han laughs.

“Why are you so cute?” He says and squished my face.

Well he told me that it’s best we tell his mom about me being joohyun and everything. And I can’t believe I agreed to do this today. What on earth will happen? Oh dear god, please help us. Help me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. I heard him chuckle as he held on to my hand and little did I know we are walking inside the shop. Here it goes.

“Hey mom.” Han says.

“Hi there baby boy—“ She stops as her gaze turns to me.

“Oh, Irene-ah. What are you doing here?” Then her eyes drops on our hands so I quickly removed it from being intertwined with his and bowed in greeting.

“Hello there Ahjumma.” I say forcing out a smile.

“You know each other?” She asks. “Oh wait- were you the one who called the other day? The one with initials IB and a heart beside it?”

“MOM.” Han coughs and tries to distract his mom.

Wait—how did she know I called? Oh my… “So you must have been the one to pick up the call?” I asked.

“Ah yes, Hannie was in the bathroom that time.” She says.

“I see.” I grin as I give him a look and he smiles cheekily. So she’s the girl on the phone? And he left me to think that it was his girl or something? Pfft. Such a jerk move he’s lucky I like him so much.

“So you’re my son’s girlfriend? Wow this is wonderful. I mean you’re really pretty and my son’s absolutely pretty looking too so you two suits each other and—“ She was interrupted by Han.

“Mom wait- stop talking and predicting.” He says sounding quite annoyed.

“I am not his girlfriend…” I say

“YET.” Han adds as he looks at me.

“Amm..”  I bit my lower lip. “Actually we.. well I…” I don’t know how to start, I looked at Han for help and he turns to his mom.

“Mom we have something to tell you.” He says.

His mom’s eyes suddenly widens. “Don’t tell me you got her pregnant?! My gosh son, you two aren’t married yet why on earth did you do that? You haven’t even graduated yet and—“ She was once again cut off by her own son.

I on the other hand can’t help but blush in the corner which is not helping the situation.

“MOM! What the hell are you talking about? I told you stop predicting and listen will you?” He says and ask as he run his hand through his hair. He seems frustrated and nervous at the same time while me? I stand here feeling half my body froze. I don’t know how to start.

“Alright, have a seat gus.” She says and we sat in front of her desk.

He takes a deep breath and I did too. “The thing is, we have something to confess.” He says.

“Actually ahjumma, I have known you already even before you have. Things might have not ended well with us so I was hoping to have it fix by the time we meet again and yep I was given a chance.” I say.

She looks confused.

“Ahjumma… My real name is.” I took a deep breath as I look at Han and he squeezes my hand. “Bae Joohyun.” I say out loud. Finally.

Her eyes grew and she stares at me. “Y-you….”

“I am sorry I didn’t tell you the first time we met, I was scared. You might have hated me even more and not even let me step a place near you.” I say looking down.

“I can’t believe this.” She says shaking her head. “Han! Get home this instant and please don’t visit us again, don’t even think of getting near my son.” She says.

Now that broke my heart. Wow, she must have hated me real bad.

“Mom-“ Han says.

“No. I am going now, I just can’t stand this at the moment.” She says

I sighed and I felt tears roll down my cheeks. Han just threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

I saw her give us one last look, shaking her head before leaving the shop. Hugging Han back tightly, I bury my face in his chest and let the tears fall down my face. I expected this, I shouldn’t be crying but it still hurt, knowing someone’s holding a grudge against you.

“What do we do?” I ask Han in hopes he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter