Chapter 20 - Los Angeles, here we come

The biggest secret

After that incident, thing went back to normal or at least Taeyang tried to make it look like normal. He broke up with Shin Hee but jumped right next to the new girlfriend just a few days after and about 10 different girls in the length of one year Ji Hyo and GD was dating. Most of Taeyang’s relationship ended with the fight over how well he treated Ji Hyo and then broke up. Those broke up never bothered him. He didn’t care much about those relationships anyway. After all, those girls were just the excuses for him to be able to hang out with GD and Ji Hyo.

It wasn’t easy on him, seeing how Ji Hyo and GD got closer and closer every day. He felt the change in her, she smiled more, laughed often, and angry less but only in front of GD. When he was alone with her, she was back to her normal cold self. But still, she was warmer to him than before. At least they could have conversation but he could tell that she tried to keep a distant. He didn’t blame her for that. After all, she was the girlfriend of his best friend.

As time passed, he learned to manage his jealousy and acted like he no longer had feeling for her. Both GD and Taeyang seemed to believe in that act too. They went on vacation together even just the three of them. When they watched TV, Ji Ho was always sat on the middle. Taeyang loved time like that because he could spend the longest time sitting closed to her, snipping her lavender hair, feeling her breath. Even though, eventually, she would rest her head on GD shoulder then GD would always plant a soft kiss on her hair and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Time like that, Taeyang felt lonelier than ever but he learned to live with that. As long as he could see her, every day.

For their one year anniversary, GD gave Ji Hyo a surprise.

“Let’s go to Los Angeles together” – He said, handing her 2 airplane ticket.

“Why?” – Asked Ji Hyo, looking at GD curiously.

“For our one year anniversary.” – He excitedly said

“But why Los Angeles?”

“I have someone I want to introduce you to.” – He smiled mysteriously.

“Who?”

“You will see. Let’s go, our flight leave in an hour.” – He pulled her hand.

“Are you kidding me? I still haven’t pack my stuff yet” – She frowned

“You don’t need to. We will buy clothes over there.”

“Don’t be crazy.” – She smacked him on his shoulder.

“We will be late if we keep arguing, let’s go” – He said then lift her up and ran with her on his arms.

“Put me down you crazy man” – She kept hitting his shoulders but he didn’t give up. He kept carrying her down to the taxi with laughter.

After 6 hours flight on their expensive first class seats, they finally arrived at Los Angeles. The limousine picked them up and drove them straight to an expensive looking hotel. The hotel manager greeted them like VIP and personally showed them to their suite. It was a penthouse actually with 2 huge bedrooms. There was an indoor pool right in the middle of their living room and a huge Jacuzzi on their bathrooms. The view was just magnificent. The whole LA was in their eyes.

Even though Ji Hyo started getting used to VIP treatment after dating GD but this hotel still putted her in gape. It was too beautiful, too luxurious for a Cinderella like her. That room was probably twice the size of her house back in Korea. She stood still for a long time on the balcony to enjoy the view and the cool breathe of the city of angel.

“You really like the high view isn’t you?” – GD asked as he hugged Ji Hyo from her back.

“Yeah, I like the feeling of being on top; everything looked so small from here, like I can control everything.” – She said, eyes aiming the city.

“You like to be in control, don’t ya? You will get along with that person so well.” – He said, smiled mysteriously.

“Who is that person?” – She turned to him and asked with a little bit annoyance in her voice as he kept mentioning “that person” but didn’t tell her who “that person” is.

“You will know soon. Let’s go”

“Where? We just got here.” – She frowned as she still hadn’t got enough of the beautiful view.

“To get our clothes. We have to get ready for the party tonight.” – He said, leading her to the door.

“What’s party? Can I at least have a head up?” – She raised her voice.

“Don’t be angry. It’s just a small party. You will have fun ok?” – He said, planting a kiss on her frowned forehead - “Don’t frown, you looked to attractive when you do that.” – He smiled

She blushed. He always knew how to calm her down.

The limousine stopped in front of a high-end fashion store. Maxfield was its name.

Ji Hyo pulled GD’s arm back as they was standing in front of the store.

“Isn’t it Maxfield? It is one of the most expensive fashion stores in America. Do you know that?” – Ji Hyo frowned.

“Wow, my girlfriend cares about fashion too? I didn’t know that.” – GD laughed with surprise.

“I don’t but I just wrote a report about fashion industry last week. That’s how I know. How many times did I tell you stop spending money for crazy expensive clothing?” – Ji Hyo rolled her eyes at GD.

Since they started dating, her closet probably gained double amount of clothes. She never cared about clothing but GD did. Besides singing, fashion was his biggest passion. He loved to dress her up. Whenever he went shopping, he always brought something home for her. Sometime he bought dress, sometimes shirts, jeans, or handbags. He brought home whatever he thought would look good on her even though she always yelled at him and asked him to return those. After a few times, he just threw the receipts away as well as the price tags so returning would no longer be an option. Even though the price tags were torn away, she was still able to tell how expensive all those stuff was.

Before moving in with him, she only had one bag – her backpack. Now, she probably had more than 30 purses all brand-named from LV, GUCCI, to Prada, Chanel. Even though she barely used them, he still kept on buying. Some of the bag probably cost more than the whole month of her working. She thought it was waste of money but he always said she deserved the best.

“Well, but we have to dress well to meet that person. Just listen to me this one more time ok?” – He begged and pulled her inside the store.

He left her at the female formal dress session and asked her to choose what she liked then he went to the male area. After twenty minutes, he walked about the dressing room with a handsome suit, asking her “How do I look?”

“Handsome” – She blushed, he looked really great in the tight suit, it was stylized a little bit than the formal suit and it fitted him very well. Now he totally looked like a prince charming. She couldn’t help it but keep staring at him with a smile.

“Thank you. Did you find anything?” – He asked.

She shook her head. There were plenty of pretty dresses in the store but the price was a huge blow in her head. The cheapest one on the store cost about $1000. She didn’t even want to try it on.

“Why? There are plenty of pretty dresses here.” – He asked and walked to the dresses area

“But the price …” – She hesitated.

“Don’t worry about it. Just try some on ok?” – He winked then took a few dresses out of the rack for her to try on.

They all looked gorgeous on her. It was the first time he saw her on formal dress and it looked like she was born to wear those. She looked luxurious, elegant, and high class in long dresses. He wanted to buy all 5 dresses that she tried on but she yelled at him and decided on only one black floor length cocktail dress.

“You will be the most beautiful girl tonight” – He proudly praised her.