Chapter 13 - He's back

The biggest secret

Ji  Hyo walked home with a heavy heart after putting Taeyang to bed. She was sad seeing Taeyang upset and she also felt guilty letting Taeyang hugging her for a long time while she already had GD.  Her heart didn’t waiver. But still, she felt bad.

“Where did you go?” – GD raised his voice as he saw Ji Hyo opened the door

Ji Hyo was startled seeing GD sat on the couch in the dark living room. He didn’t even turn a light or TV on. His face was angry. Ji Hyo was tired. She didn’t want to answer.

“I asked you where did you go?” – GD stood up and held Ji Hyo’s wrist tightly who was walking to her bedroom. – “I have been waiting for you for 2 hours in front of your restaurant. I came inside the restaurant to look for you and they said you left since 7. I called and texted you a thousand times but you didn’t answer. Just where the hell did you go?” – GD shouted in frustration.

“Why are you yelling at me?” – Ji Hyo gave GD a sharp gaze.

GD immediately realized that he overreacted. He was too worried about Ji Hyo as he couldn’t contact her. He drove around for three hours to look for her. Everywhere he could possibly think of, even inside Harvard campus and her old apartment. He concerned that something bad might happen to her like last time.

“I’m sorry. I just worry about you.” – He lowered his voice as he pull Ji Hyo to his arm. – “I was afraid that something bad may happen. I drove around for hours to look for you. Do you know how worry I am?” – He softly said

“I’m sorry for making you worry.” – Ji Hyo gently responded with her head rested on his chest. Her heart felt even heavier knowing that man was running around looking for her. She should at least let him know about the situation but she was too distracted with Taeyang’s situation to think about anything else.

“It’s ok. Next time please at least answer your phone ok? I only need to know if you are ok”

“My phone was out of battery. I’m sorry” – She tighter her arms behind his back.

“You are fine. But where were you until this late? It’s almost 1 A.M”

Ji Hyo sighed. She was quiet for a while then said “I was next door the whole time”

“What you mean you were next door?” – GD lightly pushed Ji Hyo out facing him and asked. He knew next door was Taeyang apartment. He just did not want to believe that his girlfriend was spending time with his best friend, who happened to be in love with her, while he was running around like crazy looking for her.

“I was at Taeyang’s place just now?” – Ji Hyo said, her eyes set on the floor. She knew GD was about to get frustrated.

“I knew next door is Taeyang’s place but what the hell did you do there in middle of the night?” – GD raised his voice; his forehead formed a big V

“He got arrested. I had to bail him out and took him home.” – Ji Hyo sighed.

“Why did he get arrested? Is he ok?” – GD concerned. He was still mad but the friendship was more important to him than jealousy. I could not stop worrying about his best friend as he heard the news.

“I bailed him out. He was ok for now.”

“But why did they call you but not me?”

“I don’t know” – She lied because if she told him that Taeyang saved her phone as number one then more problem would be raised in their friendship. Thing will get more complicated. That was not a good time for any more complication. All three of them need time to rest their mind.

“Nevermind, I will go see him now.” – Said GD as he walking to the door.

“Don’t” – Ji Hyo held his hand and stopped him from walking. – “Just give him sometimes. That is what he need.” – Said Ji Hyo, with a sad voice.

They both stood in that position for a while, with her hand still on his. Her eyes were on the floor and his eyes were on the door. They all had their own thoughts. Sadness, worry, jealousy, all kinds of emotions was fighting in their heads. So they stood still, to clear their head, to hope thing will get better when the sun rise …

“Dingdong” It was 9 in the morning and GD’s doorbell rang.

“I will get it” - GD putted down the TV remote and walked to the door as Ji Hyo was cooking breakfast.

“Hey, what’s up man!” – Taeyang brightly ran inside the apartment and greeted GD who was in confused with his reaction.

Taeyang had been disappeared from a week and last night GD heard that he got arrested. Now he appeared in front of his eyes, cheerful and lively like nothing happen. GD kept staring at him while closing the door as he didn’t know how to react with the situation.

“Ji Hyo” – Teayang happily yelled and ran to Ji Hyo who was frying eggs in the kitchen and hugged her from the back. Ji Hyo didn’t react and continued cooking with Taeyang arms were still wrapped around her waist.

But of course, his loving action burned GD jealousy over the top.

“What the hell are you doing?” He yelled and pulled Taeyang away from Ji Hyo.

“I am hugging Ji Hyo.” – Taeyang calmly stated

“How can you just randomly hugged another guy’s girlfriend? Do you want to get hit?” – GD rolled his eyes and made a fist toward Taeyang.

“Why are you both noisy so early in the morning already. Just sit down and eat.” – Ji Hyo coldly demanded as she putted the breakfast plates to the dining table.

“How can you act like nothing happened? He just back hugged you. You supposed to push him away. You have a boyfriend.” – GD raised his eyebrow to Ji Hyo.

She looked at GD, let a heavy sigh out of her – “What’s wrong about the hug? It’s just a social hug and we are in America, isn’t everybody greet each other with hug?” – Ji Hyo frowned

“But we are Korean, we don’t great that way. He never greeted you like that before. But why now?” – GD was angry as he knew something must happened last night in order for Ji Hyo accepted Taeyang hug that calmly. He knew the normal her would kick Taeyang a few times a told him the stay away from her. Neither of Ji Hyo or Taeyang seemed to plan to give him an explanation. He was frustrated and sat down to the dining table with an angry face. He kept picking his food but not putting anything in his mouth.

Taeyang cared less about GD’s reaction. He was just happily talking to Ji Hyo the whole time even she putted back her cold reaction. He didn’t care. It was the version of her that he loved any way. She could keep being cold to him, ignoring him, but to him, being with her, seeing her was good enough.

Ji Hyo was able to tell that GD was really upset. She knew he wouldn’t be comfortable seeing Taeyang hugging her especially after their argument last night. But she couldn’t push Taeyang away, it was the promise that she made to Taeyang and she was a woman of her words.

“Ahhh” – Ji Hyo cutely said as she putted the spoon of egg in front of GD’s mouth.

GD looked up to her and couldn’t hide his smile in front of Ji Hyo’s sweet action. It was the first time she did a cute thing to him. He knew it was just for making up but he was happily opened his mouth and ate the full spoon of eggs. His mood got a little better and he quickly finished his breakfast.

Ji Hyo smiled. Being with GD was like being with a kid. He was a simple person, easy to get mad but also easy to cool down. She liked that about him. He was easy to deal with. But she took a quick glance at Taeyang, his face was pulled down just as she expected. She sighed.

 It wouldn’t be easy to deal with two guys that loved her at the same time especially they were best friends. If the three of them continued this kind of situation, there would be time one of them happy and one of them hurt. She couldn’t satisfy them both, that thought concerned her. She just had to try her best for now because she didn’t want to give up on GD but she didn’t want GD and Taeyang relationship went sour because of her neither. She hoped time would ease Taeyang pain …