=6=

Conflicted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hiya :) thanks for being patient for the update ^^ I'll update every weekend now since I'm busy with school stuff during the week (I know it's Monday now, but I'm a lil bit late with this one :P)

Also, I'd appreciate if you would check out my surprise fic --> Accidental Call Boy(click)


And a big thank you to the new voter <3 I can't say often enough how much I appreciate your support!
Thanks to:

Nathyyy, choboom, Fishy_Prince, ljexolove, IloveTH, latestTMMT, Leet19, Lexaaa

witterson, salfie, EunHaeOnly, marymar92, Chinchi, Avanta, onlyhyukhae, haerimiza

rbdgirl, SJ-Elf, SweetPurple117, megaAsia1, MedoLedo, SapphireKyu-36, shaidenlee

maiteag, HyoriHae, harleyretinol

 

 

 

As he woke up the next morning and checked his phone, he saw that he had seven missed calls from Hyukjae. 

 

However, it didn’t stop there. Donghae thought he would go insane as Hyukjae’s name flashed up on his screen almost every twenty minutes. Despite the latter’s threat, he did the only thing he could think of - he ignored his calls. He thought that Hyukjae would give up sooner or later, but hell was he wrong. The calls never ceased and he still ignored them.

 

Then came the first text message, which he ignored, as well as the other three which soon followed. 

 

He knew that Hyukjae wouldn’t go on forever. He would give up soon and forget about him, just like it was supposed to happen. They weren’t supposed to be friends anyway. They were just too different, they had nothing in common. Two opposites could never live together. It would only bring trouble, which it already had. But worse could be prevented from happening. He just had to abolish Hyukjae from his life. It was for the better. 

 

Donghae tried not to be afraid, but why was he anyway? He started to feel paranoid, expecting Hyukjae to show up at any time. There had been an instant, where he had seen him in the crowd in town, but as he blinked, he was gone. He knew that his imagination was playing tricks on him. Or at least he thought it was the case.

 

Three days had passed since the incident and even his friend Sungmin noticed that something was odd.

 

“Why do you seem so frightened?” he suddenly asked during the lecture.

“It’s nothing,” Donghae simply said, because it was true. It was nothing. The calls had stopped. But why didn’t he feel relieved now that he had achieved what he wanted? It was almost as if deep inside he knew that he wanted Hyukjae in his life, but he was doing exactly the opposite. Somehow it didn’t feel right. And he knew why. This wasn’t what he wanted, no. It was what they, his parents, wanted.

 

His phone, which was lying on the desk, suddenly lit up and Hyukjae’s name appeared. He had thought that the calls had stopped, but it seemed as if Hyukjae decided to give it another go.

 

“Aren’t you going to answer that?” Sungmin, who had stolen a glance at the phone, asked.
Donghae wondered why he even asked given the fact that they were in class. Yes, he could easily leave the room since they were sitting at the back of the auditorium.

“No,” he said, and he took the phone and stuffed it into his backpack. “I don’t want to see him again.”

That was it. He didn’t even give a reason why, and he knew Sungmin expected at least some kind of explanation. Especially since he had been hanging out with Hyukjae and now all of a sudden he decided not to see him again. 

 

He could feel Sungmin’s eyes on him as he tried to stare straight ahead and act as if nothing was wrong.

“Your parents know, huh?” Sungmin guessed correctly, and Donghae nodded, still not looking at him. 

Sungmin sighed and he leaned back in his seat. Then he said, “I knew this would happen sooner or later. I mean your parents forbidding you to see someone. It’s not only about Hyukjae, but it’s about a lot more. Just imagine you falling in love with someone, but your parents don’t want you to see that person because it doesn’t conform their plans for you. They want you to marry Yoona after all. They don’t want you to hang out with people who could distract you from your goals. Well, they are not your goals in the first place.”

 

Donghae didn’t say anything. Though, he knew that Sungmin was right. This wasn’t about Hyukjae anymore. 

 

“Do you think it’s worth it? I mean, just forgetting about Hyukjae?” Sungmin asked, and he turned to look at him. He was frowning slightly. “What did you feel when you were hanging out with him?”

Donghae didn’t reply. However, he exactly knew the answer to the last question. Whenever he was with Hyukjae, he felt free, as if he could do whatever he wanted. He didn’t have to pretend to be perfect. Especially the last time, when they had been at the playground, he had had fun. For the first time, he could claim that he had felt great.

 

Sungmin sighed next to him, and he said “Just from the look on your face I know what the answer is. I’m seriously worried about you, Donghae. Don’t let them do this to you.”

 

He knew that Sungmin was right. He shouldn’t let them do this. They had already done enough damage to his life. It was time for him to react. 

 

During the day, there were no more calls. Perhaps Hyukjae had given up. 

 

For a moment, Donghae wanted to call him. He wanted tell him that he was sorry. That he wanted to change something, but that he didn’t have the strength to it, at least not alone. 

 

He waited and waited, but Hyukjae never called. He felt a tad disappointed, but then again - maybe it was for the better.

 

 

 

Straightening up, Hyukjae tossed the screwdriver away and it landed with a thud on the working table. With the back of his hand he wiped the sweat off his forehead. Satisfied, he looked at the car he had been working on and then he closed the hood. He was done for today. It started getting dark anyway. He would continue tomorrow. Hyukjae walked to the small sink and he washed his hands which were black from the oil. Then he locked up and left.

 

Once he was at home, he immediately went to take a shower. As the hot stream hit his body, he felt all his tense muscles relax. He grabbed the shower gel and squirted some of it into his palm, then he proceeded to wash himself. He closed his eyes as he ran his hands all over his body. 

 

Even though he was physically relaxed, he wasn’t mentally. Even working couldn’t distract him anymore. He just couldn’t stop thinking about him. Donghae. It had been four days since he had last seen him. For four days he had been trying to call him, but Donghae had been ignoring his calls and text messages. 

 

Hyukjae shook his head. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip, touching his lip piercing - something he always did when he was wrought up.

 

He had done it on purpose - dropped him off in front of his house. He was curious to see what would happen. Exactly what he had expected had happened. He still remembered the condescending and abhorred look he had received from Donghae’s father. He felt sorry for whatever his parents had said to him afterwards, but he knew that this was necessary. It was bound to happen sooner or later, and he preferred the former.

 

However, there was a small part inside of him which had believed that Donghae would behave differently. He was really disappointed. Donghae just seemed unable to go beyond the boundary. Everything he had said were only empty words. He probably didn’t even want to change his life.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter