=4=

Conflicted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone :) sorry for only updating now. College started and I also got sick, so I didn't really have the time and strength to write :/ but I'll try to update my other fic asap.

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter :) 

 

Also, thanks for the new votes! I really appreciate everyone's support :)
Thanks to: 

mosyelf, fofo_55, beyanasr, LongLiving, PURPLEDREAM_girl, ashiyariko 

Emzzaa, mizzb1, Wookie111, miLuvDuna, Avanta, unique_unicorn_12397 

jewElf_13, splendid-times, haelovesme, adamss01, profoundenigma, Kyunaz 

 

It was as if they had never met. As if Hyukjae had only been a product of his imagination. However, he knew that everything had been real. He had met his opposite.

 

Donghae hadn’t seen him since their coincidental meeting in town. It had been days. No calls,  no text messages, nothing. Even though Hyukjae had clearly warned him not to ignore his calls. He had expected to see him somewhere, anywhere, but he hadn’t. He had started to feel a tad paranoid. Wherever he went, he scanned his surroundings attentively, expecting to spot him somewhere amongst the crowd. Sometimes, he even felt observed. Yet, Hyukjae never showed up.

 

For a moment, Donghae considered that Hyukjae had changed his mind about him and that he was no longer interested in him. Perhaps he had found a new target. Instead of feeling relaxed, or even relieved that Hyukjae hadn’t showed up, he felt just as uneasy as usual. He didn’t know where he was, but he was sure that he hadn’t seen him for the last time. Donghae remained alert, though.

 

Hyukjae would probably appear when he last expected it and create confusion once again.

 

 

 

Donghae groaned in frustration as he turned over for the umpteenth time. He stole a glance at the digital clock on the bedside table. It showed a few minutes past midnight. For the past hour, he had been tossing and turning in bed, unable to fall asleep. And knowing that he had to wake up early the next day made him even more stressed, which on the other hand, made it even harder for him to fall asleep.

 

He sighed and stared at the ceiling. He just needed to relax somehow, and clear his head from all distracting thoughts. He nodded to himself an he closed his eyes. He took a few deep breaths and he felt how he slowly relaxed.

 

However, his eyes abruptly snapped open as a sudden uneasiness came over him. It was as if he was aware that something was about to happen. What exactly, he didn’t know. His gut feeling was usually right.

 

Donghae kicked the duvet away and he got out of bed. Without switching the lights on, he slowly walked to the window and he pushed the curtain aside. His window was facing the road, which was now deserted and silent. Everything was dark and the moon was the only source of light, together with a street lamp which was further down the road. There was no movement, everything was still. 

 

Seeing that there was nothing to worry about, Donghae decided to go back to bed. However, just as he was about to turn away from the window, he caught a movement from the corner of his eyes. There, across the road, he saw a shadow moving, and then it disappeared. Abruptly, Donghae moved away from the window, and his heartbeat quickened in agitation. He shook his head, as if to convince himself that it wasn’t the person he assumed it to be. He feared that it was the case, though.

 

Carefully, he peeked out of the window again and he squinted his eyes. There was nobody. Probably he had only imagined the shadow. His fatigue was playing tricks on him. Yes, that was it. Donghae rushed back to his bed and he lay down again. His heart, though, was still beating at an erratic pace. He lay down on his stomach and he closed his eyes, trying to finally fall back asleep. The sudden nervousness, however, was keeping him awake. It seemed as if he wouldn’t get a wink of sleep. 

 

He to his back and he stared at the ceiling once again. 

 

Why had he thought that the shadow was Hyukjae? It could have been anyone. Yet he knew that Hyukjae would be capable of doing such a thing as lurking around his house at night. And just the mere thought that he really could be out there made him feel all fretful. 

 

Donghae’s heart skipped a beat as his phone’s screen suddenly lit up, illuminating his room slightly. And as the device then started vibrating, interrupting the silence of the night, he panicked. Who was calling at this time of the night? He already had a possible answer to his question, but he was still in denial. 

 

He sat up in bed and he grabbed his phone from the bedside table to check. Once again his heart skipped a beat as he saw who the caller was. It was indeed Hyukjae. For a few seconds, he stared at the device, but then decided not to answer the call.

 

“By the way, you better not ignore my calls.” 

 

Hyukjae’s voice echoed through his head. He had warned him. So what? It was in the middle of the night. Every normal person was fast asleep right now. He would just tell him that he had been sleeping in case he asked.

Donghae lay down in bed as the vibrating stopped. He closed his eyes and as his phone started vibrating once again, his body stiffened. Hyukjae seemed to be really persistent.

 

Then it was silent again. Donghae waited for Hyukjae to call again, but he didn’t. Several minutes had passed and Donghae slowly relaxed. It seemed as if Hyukjae had given up.

 

Donghae startled as suddenly something hit his window. The sound was faint, but he was able to hear it. Before he could figure out what it was, he heard the sound again. It almost seemed as if someone was outside, throwing something against his window to get his attention. Donghae felt his heartbeat quicken. He knew that he would have to get up and see what was going on. He didn’t want his window to be broken. How should he then explain it to his parents?

 

Donghae got out of bed once again and he walked to the window, opening it. He felt a cold breeze caress his cheeks and he shuddered. He looked around, but didn’t spot anyone. For a moment he was confused. Maybe he had only imagined it. 

 

“Down here,” he heard a hushed voice say.

Donghae looked down and his heart skipped a beat as he saw Hyukjae standing underneath his window. The moon’s faint light was illuminating his face slightly, making his facial features a lot softer, and he looked less intimidating. The shadow, it had been him all along. He hadn’t imagined it. Hyukjae pointed at the phone in his hand, trying to tell him that he should answer the call. Donghae closed the window again and as soon as he did, his phone started vibrating once again on his bedside table. This time he had no other choice than to answer it.

 

“Hello?” he answered the call.

“Come down here,” Hyukjae told him, leaving any kind of greeting aside. 

Donghae chewed on his bottom lip, and then he replied. “No. You woke me up and it’s late. I have classes tomorrow morning.”

“So what? Doesn’t matter,” Hyukjae retorted. “Now stop arguing and get down.”

“No,” Donghae tried to stand his ground. “Forget it, I won’t.” He heard the other male sigh on the other line. It was clearly a sign of his growing impatience. 

 

“Either you move your down here right now or I’m coming up,” Hyukjae said. For a moment, Donghae wondered how he would even get up to his window, but he knew that he shouldn’t underestimate Hyukjae. It wouldn’t be hard to climb up to his window which was on the first floor.

 

Donghae grumbled, seeing that he didn’t have another choice, and he refrained himself from calling him an .

“Fine, be down in a minute,” he said through gritted teeth. Hyukjae chuckled on the other line and then hung up.

 

Donghae tossed his phone onto the bed and he walked to the wardrobe to get dressed. He decided on a black pair of jeans and a white long-sleeved cotton shirt. Then he grabbed his parka and his phone. 

 

He placed his hand on the door knob and he sighed. He had never sneaked out of the house before, not to mention at night. It was a first. But for some reason he knew that with Hyukjae he would do a lot of things for the first time ever. It was kind of exciting when he thought about it.

 

His heart was racing as he opened his bedroom door. Silence dominated the house. He was holding his breath as he made the first step, and he slowly headed for the stairs. Slowly, he s downstairs, every step was thoughtful, and he tried to be as silent as possible in order not to wake up his parents. They would kill him if they found out about this. Or about Hyukjae. He knew exactly what they would say about someone like him.

 

Donghae froze as the stair creaked all of a sudden. He listened closely for any sign that his parents might be awake and he waited. It was still completely silent. He continued his way downstairs and he finally reached the front door. Carefully, he unlocked it and then stepped outside into the night. He let out a sigh of relief. He had done it. He had sneaked out of the house.

 

He looked for the person who had asked him to sneak out in the first place, but Hyukjae was nowhere to be seen. Donghae frowned. Suddenly, a hand covered his mouth, startling him, and he felt someone’s presence behind him. The hand had the smell of cigarettes on it and Donghae exactly knew who was behind him. 

 

He pushed the hand away and he nudged Hyukjae with his elbow, creating a gap between their bodies. He turned around and glared at him. Hyukjae, however, was smirking at him, like usual.

“Do you always have to sneak up like that?” Donghae g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter