August 11, 2014

I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Taemin's POV

          It's Monday, once again. I have just gotten out of my first period Algebra class. I really don't know what it is about logarithms that makes time appear to slow to a snail's pace, almost ensuring death by boredom. Not to mention that I'm the only underclassman, being a freshman, in a sea of juniors and seniors. If I were to be asked right now exactly how I managed to get myself into this mess, I would say caffeine, lots and lots of caffeine.

          I'm walking down the hallway to my AP Music Theory class, home to the loathsome Mrs. Oh, when I feel a certain short, blonde junior wrap an arm around my neck.

"Are you ready to have your eardrums gutted by Mrs. Oh's rants of how we can't tell the difference between adagio and allegro?" Jonghyun asks.

"Was the world even ready when she first spit fire?" I retorted.

He takes a moment to lightly chuckle, amused.

"Touché," Jjong mumbles, "So, how is my favorite genius?"

"A little tired, but who isn't?" I say, before we both enter our shared class.

          The two of us silently take our respective seats towards the middle of the room, that serves as a buffer for the vacuum of optimism and self-esteem. Ever since Jonghyun and I learned that we'd be in the same class, we telepathically agreed to sit by each other. We also sit sort of seperated from the rest of the students, always leaving the seats beside Jjong and myself vacant.

          

          We were in the middle of a heated debate regarding who would be the epicenter of our delightful teacher's ever-increasing anger, when said woman shrills for the class to, "Shut up!" The entire room freezes, paralyzed with terror. Mrs. Oh then takes the oppurtunity to write something on the white board, periodically glancing back at us to make sure everyone is acting accorgingly. However, I wasn't paying attention, just absentmindedly twiddling my thumbs under my desk. But, what did catch my attention was the collective gasps and murmers as a tall figure enters the room. That is when I take a peak at the board, there was a new student.

"Introduce yourself to the class," Mrs. Oh commands.

"Hello, my name is Kim Kibum, a freshman, but I would greatly appreciate it if you guys went ahead and called me Key," the handsome brunette said confidently as he practically stares at specific classmates, yet his gaze lingers on my own, "I hope that we can all get to know each other and maybe become very good friends." He says the last part with what I took for a smirk.

          The new kid, Kibum Key, then, with conviction, saunters to the seat that has been historically cold, until right this moment. And that seat just so happens to be right next to me. Upon noticing this, Jonghyun and I smile politely at him, not blaming him for his lack of knowledge. I was pretty sure he'd get the hint after a little while, anyway. Nonetheless, Jjong and I took turns introducing ourselves.

"Hi," my friend stated with a particular gentleness that I've come to find confort in, "I'm Kim Jonghyun, a junior."

"Hey," Key says, looking at me expectantly.

I offer him a casual "Hey," with a slight smile and wave of my hand.

           Key enrgetically returns both, looking as if deep in thought. He forrowed his brows, thinking of his next choice of words. I find it interesting, that despite the facial contortion, he's still charming. He continued to peer at me with his pondering eyes, probably attempting to view the contents of my soul. Until he finally spoke.

"I wish I had known someone as alluring as you would be in my class," he said all while draining the the color from my face.

I then began to lightly blush at the comment. But, what I hadn't seen was the way Jonghyun's face twisted in discontent.


Hello, delightful readers.<(*^-^*<)

Here is another, slightly longer, chapter (I have realized that i might end up making most chapters about this length as to not assault you with my occasional bouts of meaningless ranting- as I'm doing right now).

I hope you all are enjoying it so far, now that we have made known the three main characters.

So, until next time, seeya!