Final

Hot Summer Night
Please log in to read the full chapter

Daehyun spread his arms and made a full turn with his body, taking in the amazing view on all his sides. New York City.

Everything around him was so tall and wonderful, the atmosphere felt magical to him, as if he was in another world. He had always dreamed of travelling to the states and now it had finally come true. Just a few weeks ago he had graduated from University and together with a few of his friends, they had decided to celebrate their success with a journey to New York.

Himchan and Yongguk had both brought their girlfriends along so Daehyun guessed he would not see too much of them so all his hopes were laying with Junhong and Jongup, who were equally excited about this city as he was.


 

A few days later, Daehyun felt refreshed as he realized he had gotten over the jet lag. Today would be a lovely day. They all went on a shopping tour together and had a late lunch of burgers after that. These buns were really something else, a whole better class than the fast food ones they would usually eat in Korea.

When they were done, Himchan and Yongguk were dragged away by their girlfriends for a double date which left the other three to spend the time together. Jongup had read about a popular night market in a magazine and they searched their way through the city to find said place.

The night market was stunning, there were so many people walking around in a relaxed manner, chatting and laughing and occasionally stopping at one of the booths. Daehyun was in awe and couldn't wait to get his first round around the market place and his friends were equally excited to be there.

They followed the appetizing smell until they reached the rows where food stall after food stall was lined up next to one another. Literally everything that one could dream of was there: tot bogs and burgers, sandwiches, pizza, fruit salads and even a rather large selection of Asian snacks.

Rows of tables were connected in the middle and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves the fullest. In the last week they had eaten so many pizzas and burgers so they agreed to try one of the Asian snacks and ended up queuing in front of a takoyaki stall. Four people bustled back and forth to serve the many customers. They had a selection of different seafood and kimchi and since Daehyun was not very fond of seafood he would go for the vegetarian version of the snack.

His eyes fell on the young Asian man who turned around the cooking dough balls in the large pan. With skilled and quick movements, he flipped over one after another by just using a metal stick. Daehyun was awed, he had never seen anyone moving so fast.

The male was wearing a dark blue apron over a white v-neck and as Daehyun's eyes roamed over his face, Daehyun felt his heart fluttering. A cute round nose and charismatic dark eyes in a face of just the right proportions. The male's cheeks rounded noticeably when he smiled, it didn't take a heartbeat for Daehyun to decide that he liked that smile.

For the whole time they queued up, his eyes stayed glued to the male and his skilful motions and once they had their food, Daehyun made sure to speed up to the table very close to the takoyaki booth so he could occupy the seat with a good view on the male.

When their eyes met, Daehyun averted his gaze, feeling embarrassed and concentrated on his food. It did taste very nice. All of them went for a second serving, Daehyun volunteered to queue up so they could keep their table safe and he even offered to pay. He just wanted to take another close look at the beautiful man behind the counter.

At the front, Daehyun looked at the other again and he lifted his head to look straight into the eyes of his customer. The male smiled at him and Daehyun's heart skipped another beat.

Unfortunately, they couldn't block the table for too long, a lot of other people were waiting to get a seat so they stood up and with one last look to the cute takoyaki chef, they went for another round on the market.

Junhong had begged to stop by a booth that sold the newest console games so they went there and this is where Daehyun spotted him again. The apron was gone but Daehyun could make out the distinctive facial features and he got excited. They were about the same height and the male

Please log in to read the full chapter