oo4

The Legends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I returned eevee and swablu to their pokeballs. Vulpix was the only one who didn't have one because she came of her own free will. I figured it was only fair that she could leave whenever she wanted. It seemed she planned to travel with me. Daehyun had his Pokemon and things packed. As did HImchan, who decided to come with us. Saying it was more fun to travel with other people. Along the way he planned to sketch, also noting that some of the Pokemon we carried he hadn't sketched yet.

This was fine. In fact. I felt better knowing Daehyun was going. Ash and Misty acted like they knew Yongguk and Jongup, but I didn't. They were scary and unpredictable. I saw unique pokeballs on their belts which made me even more nervous, though I couldn't explain why.

Yongguk's were flamed and Jongup's had bolts of electricity running through them.

"Where are we headed to anyway?" Himchan was the first to ask.

"Ecruteak City." Yongguk answered. I realized that I had yet to hear Jongup speak. He just kept his eyes downcast.

"What's there?"

"Our ride home."

Just how far away was 'home'?

 

"Do you have everything? I packed some extra snacks just in case you all get hungry." Misty fussed. I took her hand and patted it.

"Thank you." I hugged her. "Just realize that I'm only humoring you guys. I will come back." In return she just gave me a sad smile. They knew something I didn't, but I didn't want to know. I feared knowing would change everything.

 

Umbreon and vulpix walked next to me. They was alert and ready even though we were just walking through the forest. But I too kept my eyes open. I didn't forget about last night and all the Pokemon. Especially Celebi and Xernea. Two Legendary Pokemon came to comfort me. I could still feel Xernea's peace running through me, maybe that's why I haven't broken down into tears yet.

Celebi too, he left once I had woken up this morning. Humming around happily and bringing me berries. There was something familiar and warming about him. Like an old friend.

"Sue." Himchan nudged me. "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

I glanced at him, unsure. He was still a stranger but he was comfortable. "There's no sense fighting it. I figured I'd check the place out, if it's not anything I remember I'll go back."

We walked a long time in the woods. Route 34 was long. There were many twists and turns, it wasn't exactly straight forward. We took many breaks where Himchan got a chance to sketch anything that moved. Still, these woods remained sad and quiet.

There was shout and Jongup pulled me behind him. I was surprised and startled by his actions. Even Yongguk was alert. Up ahead there was a group of men in a circle. They noticed us and started laughing. It wasn't a friendly laugh. They had a few Pokemon with them, all looked scary. A houndoom, mightyena, and liepard.

 

On one man's shoulder sat a dark talonflame.

"What do we have here?" One man that looked oddly familiar brought his eyes up.

A chill ran down my spine. Jongup's grip on my wrist tightened and Yongguk's hand went to one of the pokeballs at his belt.

"Easy now. No one's asking for a fight." His eyes went to me. "Have we met before?"

Umbreon growled, a warning. If we weren't careful we'd find us in a Pokemon battle. Ash explained them to me once, had said he lived for them, but now they just felt silly. When the world was falling apart what was the point of the badges he kept in a draw and training a Pokemon to win prizes for you. This moment was different though. Our Pokemon would be battling for our safety.

Houndoom growled back. There was a challenge there, I could feel it. The man with the talonflame stepped forward. "How about we have a three on three Pokemon battle? Our three Pokemon here again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter