oo1

The Legends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The forest was thick with silence. Not a single chirp of a pidgey or the howl of a houndoom. It had been this way for many years now. After the humans betrayed Pokemon and began hunting and collecting them, they ran and hid. The Legends couldn't protect them and they too have disappeared. It's rumored that they learned to take the form of a human; living amongst them.

 

A few humans, followed by an absol and houndoom, tromped through the forest. The blonde male was chattering on about a new radar that focused in on a Pokemon's pulse. He continued to talk as the older brunette swept the trees with his eyes. The two Pokemon looked different than they should have. Dark balls, which the humans used now, changed a Pokemon's appearance and made them more powerful.

 

I ducked back and held my breath. The houndoom was sniffing ahead. Earlier I had ran around and around the trees, trying to throw them off my sent. Humans were no longer the trusted beings they once were. Trainers who abused, collectors who enslaved, and hunters who killed. What Pokemon were left had moved deeper into the woods, caves, and oceans. The world wasn't full of vibrant joy like it was.

    

As a Legend I was still hunted, we all were. Some had chosen to take on the human guise and live among them. My brothers and I have not done so. Typically we live in the sky with Rayquaza but must return occasionally to rejuvenate ourselves in our natural habitat. I had come to the forest, near the Lake of Souls in the Ilex Forest. Celebi had already greeted me and dove back into his tree hollow.

 

The houndoom froze and I tensed my legs, ready to run. It would never catch me. I was more worried about the dark balls the blonde human was juggling. Once, Celebi had been captured by one and it had nearly killed him. Smoke left the demon dog's nostrils and I shot out, racing right past them. The absol flew up, above the canopy, hopping from branch to branch. I heard a few pokeballs pop and the roars of a few more Pokemon joining the chase.

 

I roared out. My voice would carry for miles, calling to my brothers. The call of a venusaur and a raichu had me stretching my legs out and really pushing myself off the earth. I had to get away. A plume of fire roared beside me. Barely dodged it when several bolts of lightning came down. They left scorch marks in the ground.

    

Absol came down and crashed into me. We rolled along the dirt. I had no time to react, houndoom tackled me and venusaur's vines took hold of my ankles. Another cry out. If my brothers didn't come for me I would be gone. Raichu electrocuted me and I collapsed on the cold ground. As a final effort bubbles shot like fire from my mouth but it did little good. The venusaur tightened its vines and I struggled against them. The raichu's cheeks sparked, a warning. Absol and houndoom trotted to the side, watching me.

 

"Finally caught one of the Legendary Dogs. Suicune. The biggest bounty." He smiled cruelly.

 

"Kai, would you like to do the honors?" The blonde one tossed the dark ball to the other.

 

"I've dreamed of this moment for years." I howled once more before everything went black.

 

***

 

When I saw the humans beginning to hunt her I had already warned the brothers. They were coming to help her but I was worried they wouldn't make it in time. Never do I leave my palace in the sky. But I was wrestles and I wanted to protect her. I watched the vines wrap around her legs and pull her to the ground.

 

That's when I shot from the sky, descending quickly. The clouds raced around me, covering me in a vortex. It didn't matter if the humans saw this and it brought them, I had to save her. Fear gripped me. What if I didn't make it before she was captured by the dark ball?

 

She howled before passing out and I landed with the force of a hurricane, completely destroying the surrounding area. The Pokemon that had helped the humans were knocked out and the humans spat blood and struggled to stand. My claws wrapped around Suicune's body just as her brothers jumped into the clearing.

 

Entei grabbed the blonde by the collar with his teeth as did Raikou for the other. They dragged them before me.

 

There was no way I could speak to them like this but the human skin made me feel d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter