40%

I Know Places
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

they got the cages, they got the boxes

and guns

they are the hunters, we are the foxes

and we run

40%

four alternate endings were made. choose one, or you can have them all

 

TO THE FOXES

 

The brand new restaurant in the most of exclusive part of Gangnam operated by Chinese-French model Wu Yifan and co-owned by famous composer Zhang Yixing is named La Reve—meaning, ‘the dream’.

 

Like all fancy restaurants with pretty, French names, the place is characterized by dainty, delicate porcelain and a refined air from its regular customers, as well as a menu worth jaw dropping prices ranging from the hundred thousand won to a million.

 

During the day, it is like glittering piece of diamond in the rough, an exclusive and luxurious haven for the uppercrust of the uppercrust, where they chitchat over 1998 Dom Pérignon and slice through foie gras. A reservation must be made a month ahead, otherwise, you’d never get in. During the night, the upper part of the building transforms into something like a club, hosting only the best DJ’s, complete with a star-studded guest list and spoiled, bratty youths, who have enough time  and money to waste on thousand won shots—all that shebang.

 

The ambiance too, emits a deceptive kind of privacy, even though most celebrities that flock the place know that they have to face the media and scandal-hungry Paps, waiting just outside the property line.

 

It certainly helps that the place itself is an architectural gem designed by none other than Kim Jongin—thirty-two year old architect well known for playing with geometric forms and soft curves, and for being top notch actor Do Kyugsoo’s beau for seven years and running.

 

It is surrounded by sprawling gardens reminiscent of that in Versailles, the building itself a stunning masterpiece of glass and metal paneling, the interior tastefully decorated by sculptors like Richard Serra and Anish Kapoor.

 

Somewhere in La Reve, in a private room he himself had designed, is Kim Jongin, on another one of his lunch dates with the man he’s loved for most of his life.

 

“Don’t forget, we’re staying at my parent’s house tonight.” He says, wiping the corners of his mouth before giving the elder a roguish smile. “Bring something to muffle the noises you make. Don’t want a repeat of the—“

 

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo interrupts with an affronted hiss, jabbing his fork in the tanned male’s direction. “Don’t mention that ever again. Please…” he breathes, aiming a kick towards Jongin’s shin under the table, cheeks a healthy shade of rosa and ears burning.

 

Jongin laughs, face going soft and gentle as the elder pouts. Kyungsoo’s flustered face is one of his favorite things. It reminds him all too much of the time they had their first date, when Kyungsoo still had trouble looking him in the eye while Jongin did everything he can to impress the elder.

 

Or maybe, it reminds him of the times Kyungsoo lets him him into oblivion, forehead sweaty and sinful moans falling from his mouth in carnal pleasure.

 

Jongin leans forward, tangling their fingers together and playing with the ring around Kyungsoo’s ring finger. His gaze shifts into something intense, the look he always has when his eyes are on the actor. Kyungsoo smiles, because it has been a tough seven years for the two of them, coming out to the public after getting back together and having to battle criticisms and discrimination, and yet here they are, engaged and in love as ever.

 

“I can’t wait for us to get married.” Jongin murmurs, a dreamy look crossing his face when Kyungsoo nods with a dazzling grin, lips forming a heart. “Although I think our honeymoon’s too short. Should we extend? Visit Romania or Prague? What do you think?”

 

Kyungsoo sighs, squeezing his fiancé’s hand. “Can’t. Jumyeon wants me back for another movie ASAP.”

 

“How come Junmyeon still gets a say on your schedule? I’m the one marrying you, not him.” Jongin says in an indignant tone, although the playful gleam in his eyes says otherwise.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “Maybe because, he’s been my manager ever since I started acting?” A small smile slips and Jongin imitates a subdued expression.

 

Kyungsoo scoffs.

 

“Does it really matter? It’s not like it’s really our first time.”

 

Jongin holds up his hand and kisses a knuckle, gaze hinting at sheepish with a touch of sincerity. The beginnings of wrinkles around his eyes become evident when he smiles, but Kyungsoo still thinks he’s beautiful.

 

Jongin thinks he’s still as gorgeous.

 

“Baby…,” he starts, a pause and then naughty grin stretches his lips. Something in Kyungsoo’s gut stirs. “Everything’s a first when I’m with you.”

 

Kyungsoo laughs when Jongin tops it off with a wink, a blush on his cheeks as he stands up to straddle Jongin and give him a peck on the lips.

 

“What are you doing?” the younger asks, hands coming up to cup his as per automatic. Kyungsoo revels in the hungry look that immediately invades Jongin’s gaze when their eyes meet, cupping the younger’s face, thumb tracing prominent cheekbones.

 

“You cheeseball…,” Kyungsooo whispers before leaning down to mouth at Jongin’s jaw. “Isn’t it obvious, what I’m doing?”

 

“What?” Jongin croaks, voice coarse and breathing turning erratic when Kyungsoo intentionally ruts against him. 

 

Kyungsoo smirks when he feels a bulge starting to press underneath him, pulling away so he Jongin sees the smug look in his eyes, running hands down the younger’s expensive suit.

 

“I’m giving you another first time.”

 

 

TO THE VULTURES

 

"Babe, you're giving me a headache. Stop fidgeting."

 

It was meant to come out as a reprimand but Jongin just ended up sounding overly fond of the man sitting next to him. He takes the shivering hand at his side, knowing that the weather wasn't the only reason it had turned so clammy. Sehun honest to god pouts like the overgrown toddler that he is but thankfully, the comforting gesture was enough to keep him still.

 

"I haven't endorsed a Korean brand in ages, Jongin," Sehun says in disbelief, like he's been prone to do for the past six months since he got the offer. "America was great but there's nothing quite like home is there?"

 

Jongin hums into his boyfriend's neck, not wanting to ruin the moment for him. It was Sehun's idea of course - once they were properly together - to make the move to New York. At the time, it made the most sense. The Big Apple was teeming with opportunity, especially for artists like them. The move paid off, of course. Labels were drawn to Sehun like a moth to a flame - if not for his inherent talent on camera then certainly for his ability to fill in their diversity quota. Jongin had already made a name for himself back home, but had also made quite a splash in the New York scene. It was a brilliant move for both of them.

 

But for all the recognition and glamour that came with living abroad, Jongin knew just how much Sehun preferred the comforts of his own country. Which is why they're here now - not starting over again, per se, but merely picking up where they left off. Sehun's international fame has made him an even bigger celebrity before. It was really only a matter of time, Jongij thinks, before the offers would start piling in.

 

The town car turns a curb, sending them both slamming into each other. The sweet moment is effectively ruined but they merely chuckle before the driver is announcing their arrival.

 

Sehun brings their joined hands to his lips and presses a kiss to Jongin's knuckles. "Just - thank you. You're the one thing in my life I can count on."

 

Jongin's answering smile is blinding. "We're a team, babe. Of course I'm here for you."

 

And that's how they step out onto the red carpet. Together.


 

--


 

Jongin thought that the first red carpet after they had come out was the most of the paparazzi he would have to endure. Apparently, his hotshot boyfriend getting an endorsement deal was bigger news than that, if the flashes going off are anything to go by. Times do change, after all.

 

"Are you okay?" Sehun asks amidst the chaos. His hand is steady on his waist and Jongin feels secure despite the fact that he seems to be temporarily blinded by white spots. He's sure he's going to end up looking like a dazed idiot in those pictures. He sways into his side after another flurry of flashes and Sehun begins laughing at him. He's barely fazed at all. What a showoff.

 

"This isn't in my job description, ." He tries to sound petulant this time, but it ends up sounding like an endearment. Honestly, what the .

 

"Oh really?" Sehun asks and Jongin can’t see him, but he can practically hear the smirk on his face. "I forgot to put 'posing on the red carpet'? I'll have to redo those Arm Candy applications."

 

He gets an elbow in the stomach for that but they're both laughing and Sehun just pulls him in closer.

 

The flashes die down after a while and Jongin can just barely make out Sehun's face. He takes him to a corner of the red carpet where refreshments were available.

 

"Oh thank god, is it over?"

 

Sehun shakes his head. "I have to do a couple more interviews. Someone new just came in though, so that'll give you a rest. I'll come back for you in a few minutes okay?"

 

"Yeah sure I'll - "

 

The words die in his throat. He finally regains his sight only to be faced with the man he hasn't seen in nearly seven years.

 

Kyungsoo looks impeccable in a three piece charcoal grey suit. It looks stunning against the shock of red hair carefully quiffed on top of his head. He has his arm around a beautiful girl, who looks at him the way Jongin used to. With so much love and openness. Except, there are no traces of longing in her eyes. There's only security. And happiness.

 

Kyungsoo spots him after a while and the picture that they make must be hilarious. They're both just standing there, slack-jawed, until Kyungsoo approaches him.

 

Jongin's heart races just a little bit.

 

"Uhm. Hi." Is Jongin's grand opening.

 

"Hi" Kyungsoo says back.

 

They smile at each other, taking each other in and seeing what's changed. Kyungsoo's more muscular now and there's a light stubble on his chin. He's aged but he's managed to do so wonderfully.

 

"How have you been?" Jongin asks before he loses his mind.


"Oh you know, still doing what I do," Kyungsoo replies with a cough, trying to hide his nerves. "And you? How's uhm - was it L.A.?"

 

"New York actually." He corrects him and what the are they doing what are they saying. "But yeah, it was amazing."

 

They're both quiet after that. They've never done this, is the thing. Small talk was never their forte.

 

"I just - I just wanted to ask you something?" Kyungsoo finally saves them both after the longest minute of their lives.

 

Jongin nods for him to continue.

 

"We were - we were good together, weren't we? Because I feel like I left things at such a bad note but you - you made me really happy, you know?"

 

Jongin's ears were ringing. This is it. They were finally talking about it. Kyungsoo looks so apologetic, like it's been eating at him for years like it has been for Jongin. He tries to find the resentment that he felt after those first few days when he left. He tries to find the anger and the hurt. He vaguely rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter