60%

I Know Places
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

baby, I know places we wont be found

and they’ll be

chasing their tails trying to track us down

-I Know Places by Taylor Swift

60%

 

Rusty sheets of metal and scrap, high ceilings supported by old truss systems with moisture ever so slowly accumulating in between its joints and bends. Up ahead, the clerestory windows give the abandoned warehouse an eerie ghost-like glow, desolate, forgotten, perfect for illicit affairs.

 

Kyungsoo eyes the ceilings warily before he continues his trek up the staircase, one hand against the rough wall because he doesn’t trust the fragile looking railings, ones that look like they might collapse under just one touch. When he arrives in the roof deck’s door—the only one that seems new and undamaged in the god forsaken place—he takes a deep breath.

 

It has been two months since they last saw each other, but to him, it felt like years.

 

Unlike what he expected, the roof deck is void of junk and the crumbling structure the rest of the building is made of. Instead, the half walls look freshly painted, no broken glass or unidentified debris dotting the floor. There is also a table in the middle of it all, and just a few meters away from it, a trolley that emits a delicious aroma, he’s sure the rooftop of an abandoned warehouse normally wouldn’t have.

 

“I missed you.”

 

Kyungsoo yelps and nearly jumps a meter in the air when strong arms wrap around him and a chin is suddenly slotted against the crook of his neck. When he turns, it is Jongin, smile like a balm that soothes the yearning Kyungsoo has been suffering for the past two months they’ve been too busy to see each other. “Jongin!” he hisses, but doesn’t stop the younger from pecking him on the cheek, and placing a kiss on one of his eyelids, on his forehead, embrace tightening. “You scared me!”

 

“Did I?” Jongin mutters, a hand cupping one of Kyungsoo’s cheeks. Perhaps, the only upside to their frequent and long bouts of separation is that Jongin tends to get really hungry and for Kyungsoo when they reunite. “But I missed you, Soo. Say it back.” He demands before leaning down to plant another kiss on the corner of Kyungsoo’s mouth.

 

Kyungsoo breaks out into a laugh and kisses Jongin on the mouth, pulling the taller down with the sleek, black tie around his neck. Kyungsoo vaguely recalls it being one of his gifts, and he grins. “Missed you.” He breathes, giving Jongin another peck on the lips.

 

They just can’t stop kissing each other.

 

“What's the occasion though?” Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow as Jongin gently stirs him towards the table. Fetching food from the trolley and smiling when Kyungsoo hums in approval as he fishes out platters of mouthwatering baked salmon and lamb chops, his favorite.

 

“Just a little surprise.” Jongin gives him an impish smile and sits across him, a bottle of champagne in hand. “It’s been two months after all.” He says as the tip of a shoe nudges at Kyungsoo’s ankle.

 

Kyungsoo grins as Jongin pours some champagne into his flute. Even though Jongin could have chosen a better place for his surprise, he appreciates the romantic gesture. It is nice, being with the younger after quite some time.

 

“Were you followed?” Jongin asks him sometime, when they’re tearing through filet mignon and the bottle of Cristal is halfway empty. “On the way here?”

 

“Yes…,” Jongin takes a sharp breath. “But it’s fine.” Kyungsoo adds on. It had been quite some work to get rid of Dispatch on his way to their meeting place, but it was nothing new to Kyungsoo. For every new tactic Dispatch had to tail him, Kyungsoo had another trick up his sleeve for a quick escape. It has been almost two years of hiding and outwitting the media after all, and he wonders if a time will ever come where they could go out and be merry in peace.

 

Jongin chuckles, the foot between Kyungsoo’s crossed ankles rising to his calf. “What? They think you’re dating some girl celebrity secretly?”

 

“Probably.” Kyungsoo shrugs, and smiles. “Ever since that drama with Yoona, I couldn’t get them off my back.”

 

Jongin hums, the naughty smile on his face accentuated by the rise of his foot in between Kyungsoo’s thighs. The actor internally groans. “Well, too bad.” Jongin murmurs. “Do Kyungsoo’s is mine.”

 

--

 

The opening ceremony of the new luxurious high-rise apartment in Seunso-dong is something the both of them have to attend. When Kyungsoo arrives, a flock of camera-bearing reporters and journalists are already pressed against the barriers lined up on the sidewalk, bulky DSLR cameras frantically clicking away as influential people and celebrities strut the red carpet in pressed, tailored tuxes and fragrant perfumes.

 

Like a built-in reflex, his eyes search for the one man that matters the most, keeping his small, signature smile plastered on his face when he spots Jongin.

 

Well I’ll be damned. He thinks, taking in the cut of Jongin’s form against the white façade of the building. His shoulders look broader than ever, the midnight black suit accentuating his narrow hips and lean physique, hair brushed up to reveal attractive features that make the nearby ahjummas and teenage girls scream. Perhaps they think he’s an idol or a celebrity, what with his charming eye smiles, casual elegance and magnetic presence. He looks like a model straight off an Armani runway.

 

He is devastatingly handsome.

 

He saunters up the entrance with his current co-star Chanyeol, face placid and cool even though he’s bursting with pride, looking up at the remarkable building Jongin had designed, with its perfect balance of catenary curves and edges, its lofty, almost spiritual-looking ceilings that promise a high-end lifestyle.

 

His heart skips a beat when Jongin meets his gaze, stomach lurching when the younger’s eyes trail down his body, as if he was being mentally undressed. Suddenly, he feels hot all over, only half-heartedly congratulating the owner of the apartment building because he cannot tear his eyes away from Jongin, can’t quite move or look anywhere else.

 

“Congratulations Mr. Kim.” Chanyeol greets, and Kyungsoo follows, their handshake lasting far too long, the touch lingering.

 

“This is a beautiful creation of yours.” He adds, keeping up a pretense of just meeting Jongin.

 

The younger peers at him through fine lashes and Kyungsoo knows this. It is the look Jongin gives Kyungsoo whenever he teases the elder and doesn’t make him come until he begs. “It should be, I took inspiration from the most beautiful sight I’ve ever seen.”

 

“And what is that?” Chanyeol asks, a hand coming up at the small of Kyungsoo’s back.

 

“A man, Mr. Park.” Jongin answers, eyes flitting to where Chanyeol’s hand disappears behind Kyungsoo. “The hard planes of a man’s chest, and the lovely bow of plump lips, especially when said man comes undone.” He finishes with a hard smile. “Now, if you’ll excuse me.” Jongin murmurs, eyes on Kyungsoo before walking off.

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s eyes trail after him, a quiet kind of bewilderment hanging over the atmosphere.

 

“What’s with him?” Chanyeol asks.

 

Kyungsoo subtly shifts to put some space between him and Chanyeol. “I don’t know.” He says through gritted teeth. “He’s probably just weird.”

 

--

 

“What was that?” Kyungsoo hisses when he they enter the men’s room, having snuck out of the small gala arranged for the opening ceremony at his signal.

 

Jongin crosses his arms and leans on the sink, looking angry, lower lip jutting out and eyebrows pulled together in scorn. “Park asked, I just answered.”

 

“Yes, but you could have been more subtle!” Kyungsoo snaps, stoping himself from stomping his foot in case he looked like a teenage girl having a tantrum. “Jongin, we can’t. They can’t know. No one can know.”

 

“Of course, of course. You don’t have to remind me.” Jongin shakes his head, “I mean, we don’t choose to avoid fancy restaurants or the movies for nothing.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs, shoulders sagging in defeat. Jongin has always been like a stubborn puppy, a little hard to sway, but nothing Kyungsoo can’t handle. “Look, Jongin…” he walks closer to the architect so that the tips of their shoes meet, Jongin’s breath fanning over his face. “We already talked about this, right? You’ve seen what they’ve done…to Yoona, to anyone else I’m rumored to be dating.” He rubs Jongin’s arms. “I can’t have any of that hate, any of the treats, directed to you.”

 

Jongin’s gaze begin to soften, and Kyungsoo mentally cheers. Perhaps, because Jongin never had it in him to resist Kyungsoo, who had been his rock and support during hard times, the man he pined for during their fifteen years of friendship.

 

“I’m so tired of not being able to do anything about your admirers.” Jongin whispers, turning them around so that Kyungsoo faces the mirror, the edge of the sink digging against his lower stomach. “ I wish I could make you wear some sort of signage, to tell them,” hands come up against the sink to trap Kyungsoo, and the actor’s breath starts coming in sharp inhales and stuttered exhales as the taller’s breath dances on his neck. “That Do Kyungsoo is taken.”

 

Jongin grips at his jaw and tilts his head to the side to share an open-mouthed kiss. It is lewd and hot, and Kyungsoo can’t help the excitement and anticipation surging through his veins at the thrill of doing something they never would have done, otherwise.

 

He spares the younger a glare when Jongin fishes out lube from his pants. “You anticipated this…” he says in an accusing tone.

 

“What? I’m wearing a suit.” Jongin says smugly. “It’s one of the rare times you let me do the ing.”

 

--

 

“See that, on the mirror, baby?” Jongin whispers against his ear once they’ve come down from their high. He’s still buried in Kyungsoo’s , skin a bit sticky from sweat.

 

Kyungsoo looks up, and he sees his reflection, the mess his hair has become, the flushed face, the sheen of sweat on his skin, the hooded eyes and swollen lips. He looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter