hella awkward encounters.

apartment twelve.

kyungsoo stirs around the bed uncomfortably. he burrows his face in against a pillow, but scrunches his nose as he could smell the whiff of cigarettes. the male groans and rolls onto his side, slowly beginning to open his eyes. his eyelids were still heavy, and kyungsoo couldn’t make out a single thing with his blurred vision. his head and back aches, feels nauseated, and he can’t remember a single thing that happened last night. but somehow he manages to get back home in one piece.

 

but when kyungsoo’s vision starts to clear out, he notices that his brightly salmon colored curtains were missing from the window, and that his king-sized bed is just a mere mattress. he also notes that the whole room smells like nothing but cigarettes and alcohol, and kyungsoo hates both of those things.

 

his table is missing, the large stack of cookbooks were missing that he always kept at his bedside table - heck, there wasn’t even a bedside table to begin with.

 

this isn’t his apartment.

 

it didn’t take long for him to come to his senses. he jolts up as he frantically looks as his surroundings, and nearly faints at the sight of a half- kim jongin lying right next to him.

 

“j-jongin!” kyungsoo squeaks. he harshly yanks at the blanket to cover himself. panic starts to overflow his entire body.

 

the blonde male yawns and slowly gets up from the bed, to which kyungsoo flinches in the process and nearly falls off the mattress. jongin rubs his drowsy eyes before smiling lazily at kyungsoo.

 

“morning, kyungsoo. slept well?”

 

kyungsoo feels his jaw drop. how can someone speak so casually like that when he has so many questions running through his head? what happened last night? they couldn’t have possibly hooked up, have they? it couldn’t be true.

 

“i..” kyungsoo’s voice is wary and shaky. “i need to go!”

 

“huh? but wait, kyungsoo-”

 

without even thinking, the smaller male jumps to his feet instantly. he notices his pile of clothes lying next to the mattress and snatches them into his arms before sprinting out the door, ignoring the shouting and protests coming from jongin. he slams the door shut, and leans against the apartment door.

 

his heart is racing, and kyungsoo swears he could barely breathe.

 

“oh, morning kyungsoo!”

 

he whirls around to see his neighbor and co-worker luhan by the mailboxes. the doe-eyed boy gives him a gentle smile, but it quickly fades as his eyes averts his attention down to kyungsoo’s torso.

 

“you.. uh, should probably put some pants on..”

 

.

 

“and that’s.. jongin’s apartment, isn’t it?”

 

.

 

the two stare at each other, eyes locking and unmoving. kyungsoo feels his palms beginning  to sweat as the heavy awkward atmosphere nearly chokes him.

 

and as if things couldn’t get any worse, it did. the door behind him suddenly swings open, causing kyungsoo to stumble back right into jongin’s arms. luhan widens his eyes as he observes the whole thing happening.

 

jongin glances down at the smaller boy in his arms.

 

“you forgot your phone on the bed, kyungsoo,” jongin explains as he helps kyungsoo up. he pats his head as he hands him his phone. kyungsoo mentally slaps himself. snatching the phone out of jongin’s hand, he quickly runs off to his own apartment.

 

for the rest of the day, kyungsoo ignores jongin completely.


work isn’t any better for kyungsoo.

 

whenever he tries to even get near luhan, the chinese male refuses to talk to him and runs off saying he’s busy. ‘maybe another time, sorry.’ is what he would say. luhan even refuses to look at him in the eyes. it irritates him to death. all he wants to do is just clear his name, clear the whole situation from this morning, and hope to god that luhan doesn’t think he and jongin are a thing - because they’re certainly not. if anything, they’re barely acquaintances.

 

after that incident, kyungsoo ran straight home and tried to calm himself down - but to no avail.

 

lunch break came around, and kyungsoo couldn’t be happier. throughout the day, he made several mistakes, all because of kim jongin running through his mind. he mistook orders, spilled a couple of drinks on a table, dropped plates of food - today just isn’t his day.

 

he sighs and slumps himself down at a nearby table, lying his head down on the table. kyungsoo allows his eyes to shut, feeling exhausted from everything that has happened today. he stays like this for a brief couple minutes until he hears the bell chime, signalling a customer. he groans in annoyance.

 

“sorry, we’re closed for break,” kyungsoo snaps as he slowly opens one of his eyes open. he almost falls out of his chair when he sees jongin with jaehwan.

 

“there he is!” jaehwan exclaims as he drags jongin over towards the table.

 

kyungsoo doesn’t know whether to rip jaehwan’s off or run away from the both of them.

 

“w-what are you guys doing here?”

 

“jongin wants to see you!” jaehwan’s eyes twinkle, and kyungsoo knew this is all his doing.

 

he gulps, “listen.. i’m busy right now so can you please, just, come again another time?”

 

“but it’s break time, isn’t it?”

 

he grits his teeth.

 

“listen, kyungsoo,” jongin starts as he takes a seat across from him. “last night we-”

 

kyungsoo quickly covers his ears with both of his hands. he stands up abruptly, knocking the chair down, surprising both jaehwan and jongin. he doesn’t want to hear any of this right now.

 

“i gotta go, so see you guys later!” kyungsoo laughs nervously as he scurries off towards the kitchen, only to be pulled back by jongin. he’s suddenly oh so close to jongin’s face. kyungsoo feels his breath hitch as struggles to pull away from his grip, but jongin held him close.

 

(kyungsoo has never noticed this before, but jongin has a snake bite piercing on his lower lip. and he could see a few tattoos on his collarbone due to his dangerously low v-neck. and his face structure is so defined. and kyungsoo finds this all very attractive but he refuses to admit it.)

 

“we need to talk, so please just stop running away from me!”

 

the kitchen doors suddenly creak open, causing everyone to turn their heads.

 

“uhm,”

 

it’s luhan.

 

“manager taeyeon wants to see you, kyungsoo..” kyungsoo could tell luhan is trying his best to not look at the situation standing in front of him; jongin holding kyungsoo close while their faces were only a mere inches away from each other. there's a brief awkward silence. “but, i can see that you’re busy, so i’ll just.. leave you guys be!” luhan quickly runs off back to the kitchen.

 

you, kim jongin.


a/n; woah, where did all these subscribers come from?? thank you everyone<3 will be working on xingdae, taohun, and krisho!