hair dye and wu yifan.

apartment twelve.

it's another day for jongdae; college classes for him didn't start until later this afternoon, giving him plenty of time to relax and have the morning to himself. he starts the morning off by eating his favorite cereal, then he washes his face, and lastly he sits himself back down on the torn, brown leather couch to catch up on this cartoons. it’s just one of those days.

 

or so he thinks.

 

one of his roommates, park chanyeol, plops himself down on the rubbish couch next to him. he notices a bright pink bottle in his hands. jongdae an eyebrow at him in curiosity. "what's that?" jongdae points at the bottle. he squints his eyes and manages to read out 'PINK HAIR DYE' in bold yellow letters.

 

oh boy.

 

jongdae chuckles and shook his head, " who's the target today?"

 

"wu. yi. fan." chanyeol replies, nonchalantly.

 

chanyeol's lips forms a playful, yet mischievous,  smirk as he notices jongdae widen his eyes in disbelief. the wu yifan? the wu yifan in apartment number 201? the wu yifan who nearly murdered someone for flirting with his boyfriend? the wu yifan who took martial arts and has been beating peoples’ asses since the day he was born?  that wu yifan?

 

jongdae has heard of this yifan before he moved into this apartment building. all his friends told him that he's a previous gang member back in china, and has tortured - and possibly killed - millions! now it’s rumored that yifan has moved to korea to get revenge on someone who ran away with millions of won. of course, they’re all rumors, but hey, it’s still a possibility.

 

"you did not.."

 

"oh but i did, jongdae," chanyeol snickers, "i told him several times to keep it down over there with his boyfriend, but he never listens! about time for some damn payback."

 

jongdae scrunches his face, "so you dyed his hair pink? how did you manage to even do that?"

 

"easy. snuck in the house when both of them went out on a date. then i added a bit of pink hair dye in his shampoo," chanyeol's chest is out and proud, feeling good about himself. "bonus if i get joonmyun hyung too."

 

"yifan is going to kill you, dude. especially since joonmyun hyung is like, his prize possession."

 

chanyeol simply shrugs his shoulders, tossing the bottle of hair dye to the side, "baek's got my back. i know yifan won't hurt that puppy."

 

jongdae laughs and gives chanyeol a quick high-five. he knew karma is going to bite him back eventually, and baekhyun can't protect him for so long, but it's still a clever prank and couldn't wait to see yifan's reaction. though joonmyun is sweet towards him and the rest of the residents in the apartment building, if he hears another ‘yifan, harder!’ one more time during the middle of the night, then he’s going to lose it.

 


 

joonmyun groans as he hears his alarm clock ring in against his ear drums. he rolls over towards the other side of the bed, lazily hitting the snooze button on his alarm. the clock reads eight in the morning. and joonmyun yawns and rubs his droopy and tired eyes. he dreads his work hours.

 

his ears perk up as he hears the bathroom door click open, revealing his boyfriend yifan clad in only a towel that wraps around his hips loosely. he feels his face flush in red. he smiles shyly, eyesight still a bit blurry from the morning grogginess, "morning, yif-"

 

joonmyun lets out a small gasp, cutting his sentence midway as he turns on the bedside lamp. his boyfriend...dyed his hair hot pink?

 

"uhm,” joonmyun stammers, a little lost for words. his boyfriend is notorious for being your typical korean drama ‘bad boy’, and the hair color definitely didn’t suit him, “that's a new look for you, baby," joonmyun nods, still flashing an innocent smile. it's not yifan's style, that's for sure, but change is good?

 

yifan growls, a single hand running through his hand, "ing park chanyeol messed with my shampoo! this kid is going to get it." joonmyun watches yifan rush over towards the dresser, throwing on whatever he could find.

 

joonmyun quickly tosses the bed covers to the side, slipping on his slippers and throwing on his robe. he follows yifan out their shared bedroom before quickly grabbing a hold of his arm,"where are you going? you have work soon! how do you even know this is chanyeol's doing? it could be anyone else in this building!" he quickly covers the door with his body, preventing his boyfriend from leaving the room.

 

the last thing he wants is to wash chanyeol’s blood stains off of yifan’s work uniform. especially since he wears a suit. suits are expensive.

 

"that kid and along with his stupid friends have been pranking me ever since they moved in! it has got to be them, i can't think of anyone else!" yifan hisses under his gritting teeth. "move, baby, i'll be back."

 

"no, yifan, i'm sure the dye will-"

 

"oh, yifan~"

 

“youre a terrible singer,” another voice comments.

 

joonmyun suddenly hears two oh so familiar voices, and it's of course no other than park chanyeol and kim jongdae. he bites his lip nervously as he glances up at yifan, face red with anger.

 

there's a brief moment before joonmyun gulps, "now, yifan.. let's all be reasonable here-"

 


 

meanwhile, twenty-three year old minseok steps out of the moving truck as soon as it came to a halt, taking a good glance at the new apartment building complex he will now be living in. not too shabby, nothing too fancy - just the way he prefers. he smiles softly to himself; finally he gets to move out of the dorm life back in university and live on his own. he likes to think that this is a new chapter in his life. his life is finally beginning to slowly unfold after graduating university with a floristry degree (yes, very manly of him), and landing a job at a small flower shop a couple blocks down. and now he's owning his own personal place.

 

"minseok hyung, where do you want me to put those plotted plants?" his friend since high school, jang dongwoo, asks as he points to a box filled with nothing but fresh green plants.

 

minseok smiles softly before waving a hand dismissively, "i got it, dongwoo!"

 

he hurries over at the box, carefully lifting it up and makes sure it fit snuggly in his arms. these plants are, what minseok likes to call them, his "precious babies". they were just regular old house plants, but they were a gift from his parents as a high school graduation present, and has been taking care of them since then. he gave these little guys all his time and energy.

 

"alright, be careful up the stairs hyung!" dongwoo warns him, and minseok gives him a small nod along with an 'OK' sign.

 

he slowly makes his way over towards the apartment building. he struggles as he attempts to climb the stairs, the box weighing him down completely, but with some baby steps, he's able to make it halfway up. however, for minseok's luck, a stranger bolts out of an apartment room and bumps into him, causing minseok to drop the box. his eyes widen and his heart nearly drops as he hears a few clay pots shattering.

 

", sorry," an abnormally tall male with short black locks stutters and his surprisingly deep voice rang minseok's eardrums. the stranger quickly picks up the box for minseok (which he notes that was quite polite of him) and flashes an apologetic grin.

 

"park chanyeol, you are so dead!" another voice booms from the same apartment the taller male has just rang out from. minseok is in a daze at this point, his emotions all jumbled together with confusion, sadness, and anger.

 

 

" ," the taller male mutters, "listen, i gotta run from the devil himself. i'll pay for whatever i broke. catch you later!" he quickly ruffles minseok's own hair before sprinting down the flight of stairs, nearly tripping and falling face first.

 

"park chanyeol, get our back over here!"

 

"y-yifan, just calm down he-"

 

"i'm going to kill him. i'll be back in twenty minutes," minseok watches the stranger, who he assumes is "yifan", bolt right past him while shouting out korean profanities along the way.

 

minseok isn't so sure about this apartment anymore.