Rewind.... Rewind Again....

Reboot Rewind Relove

Rumours

‘Rumour has it Big Bang and Wonder Girls eldest member are dating each other. Witnesses claimed that the two were intimate back stage. Hoobaes from the industry said their sunbaes looks clearly in love. Music insiders also stated that they might not be the only couple in the group.  Sohee, former member who was there to cheer on her girls were caught holding hands with Big Bang leader, G Dragon. This is not surprising since these two individual were rumoured to be together in 2007. Since news of Kiko and G Dragon breakup circulated, it seems that the leader still is in love with his former flame or should we say current passion. ‘

Yubin chucked the papers aside. She is furious about these allegations but knew there is nothing much she can do. Her phone has been beeping since morning. She received numerous congratulations from her friends and colleagues from the industry. She was about to dial for Sohee but was stopped when the doorbell rang. She peered through the hole and saw a fuming Sohee.

YB: I was just about to call you mandoo…

SH: I can’t believe this. We only talked to each other. I don’t even hold his hand. I can’t believe that we have to go through this again.

YB: I hope it will die down soon. I don’t want people to say I’m creating noise marketing just because of my UPRS performance.

SH: Did oppa call you?

YB: No... Why would he? Besides we have nothing to discuss.

SH: But unnie, the other day, your conversation with oppa seems so serious.

YB: Ani, really there is nothing much to discuss.

SH: Mianhe unnie…. If I didn’t break up with Jiyong, you and oppa could have dated comfortably.

YB: Anni mandoo ah, I made the call to take a step back. Besides, they are Big Bang…. They are up there… we are just too low for them. It would never have worked.

SH: I don’t think Seunghyun oppa is like that. He was very nice to me when we filmed the CF a couple months back.

YB: Mandoo ah, I never said he was not nice… He was and I think will forever be a nice guy. But look at me…. I am far from perfect for him.

SH: Unnieeeeeeee…. Where my confident unnie has gone? I never knew you felt this way about yourself.

YB: Anni mandoo ya… I only feel like VIPs will not be able to accept me. Anyway let’s stop talking about them okay….

SH: Unnieeee

YB: Wei…

SH: I am super hungry. Did you cook anything?

YB: Sorry to disappoint you, I have not cooked anything. Speaking of that, let’s go out for lunch!

SH: Ok, your treat!

YB: Why must it be me?

SH: Because you are the Unnie!

YB: Fine…

I Like It

Jiyong was at the studio when he was notified of the rumour. Honestly, he likes it. He likes it a lot. Anything that has got to do with Sohee will make his day. Thoughts of Sohee inspire Jiyong. She is muse before, now and in the future. Sohee ignites his passion and gave him tons of ideas.

He was writing some lyrics but was greeted by a super enthusiastic Seunghyun.

TOP: Yo Ji!

GD: Whaddup hyung! You looked excited…Mind you it is only 10 in the morning.

TOP: And you looked like you need to shower! You’ve been up all night in the studio.

GD: Shuddup… Anyway why are you here?

TOP: You saw the news?

GD: Uhuh… so?

TOP: Well did Sohee call you?

GD: Why would she, the last we message and call each other was many years back!

TOP: But you know, mandoo hates rumour, I thought she would at least give you a call.

GD: Hyung… you can go ahead and call noona you know! Don’t need to ask whether Sohee contacts me or not.

TOP: Aish… I don’t even think she wants to talk to me. If a stare could kill, I would already have been dead.

GD: Maybe you should change your approach!

TOP: What do you mean?

GD: You know... like be a little manly!

TOP: What the ! I am the epitome of manliness.

GD: I mean, Hyung ... you like noona since years ago… why can’t you just be straightforward with your feelings….

TOP: (He looks at GD straight in the eye and said…) you know the reason. You were the reason …

GD: Mianhe hyung… I didn’t mean it like that…

TOP: I know… this , every time I saw her, my heart races. Doesn’t matter which model and actresses I worked with, when I saw Yubin, my heart pounds a little faster.

GD: I am sorry hyung…

TOP: You don’t have to be sorry because if it is meant to be, we will be together.

YG: What are you guys doing here so early?

GD/TOP: Pd nim… (Both men greeted their CEO)

GD: I’m wrapping up, was just doing some music…

YG: I think you know why I am here.

TOP: Is it because of the rumour?

GD: Pd nim, we were only talking to the girls. It has been sometime since we last saw them.

YG: You don’t actually have to explain. It’s your personal life. But I was just wondering, are you guys really dating?

GD/TOP: I wish! (Their response caught YG by surprise.)

YG: Honestly Seunghyun ah, I thought you were dating all this while. I didn’t know you didn’t. But Jiyong, how are you handling your break up? Sohee is a nice girl; I wouldn’t want you to be with her just because of rebound. She deserves better than that.

GD: Ani… I don’t think I could even start again with her? I have wronged her one too many times.

YG: What? Since when did you guys even dated?

TOP: Pd nim on the contrary, I have never dated Yubin, I wish I am.  But Ji dated Sohee. He already broke her heart before.

GD: Shut up hyung!

YG: You know those girls are dear to JYP. I am not going to tolerate if you are an to them.

GD: Ani Pd nim.

Jiyong headed home for a nice warm shower. As the water washes him, all he could do was reminisced about the past. Hearing the warning from YG caught him off guard.

 

#tb Just Us

It was one of those nights that Sohee loves, sitting at the Blue’s café waiting for Jiyong who was late as usual. The past eleven months was surreal to her. She can’t believe that the very awkward relationship she had with Jiyong in high school flourished since the Wonder Girls and Big Bang collaborated for a performance some time back.

As she was busy texting Yubin and Yeeun on the phone, Jiyong crept behind her and whisper in her ears.

GD: Been waiting long?

SH: Years, in fact.

GD: Come on, chill, it wasn’t even an hour.

SH: Yeah… can we order something now? I’m could almost die starving as I waited for you.

GD: The usual?

SH: What else?

GD: Geez…

Dinner was interesting as always. Nit picking each other and calling each other names seems to be one of the great activities they enjoy doing together. Not that they didn’t get to talk while performing together. It’s just that when they perform together, they always had to be cautious of the fans. No one dares to offend the fandoms. Although you can say both Wonderfuls and VIPs are rooting for Sohee and Jiyong, no one dare make any assumptions.

Sohee loves it when they share food. They normally order different dishes but only in one serving. Their taste complements each other. They loved spending time with each other even if it’s just doing mundane things such as eating and talking.

As they were eating, Sohee noticed that something is different with Jiyong. He looked happier. She wonders if he felt the same way too. Well he must have felt something right? Jiyong is always testing the water with her. Texting her late at night, making her his morning alarm call and even sending her home in his precious Volvo.

That night, Jiyong suggested going to the beach. Sohee was acting all cool. She knew the moment had come. As they make their way to the beach, she couldn’t help smiling. She was going through in her head the type of response she should give when he ask her to be his girlfriend. She startled as he poked her cheeks.

GD: We’re here. Why do you look so happy? You must have read my mind.

SH: Maybe.

GD: Must be!

They   strolled leisurely by the beach. The winds were so strong that it made Sohee shivered. They took a seat at a nearby bench. They talked about the past, the present and the future. Jiyong looked a little silly smiling to himself. That night was the first day they got together. From then on, they fell in love and started a relationship which Sohee honestly thought would last.

He smiled as he shampooed his hair. He missed those times when he and Sohee were like BFFs. They thoroughly enjoyed each other’s company.

#tb Say it isn’t so

GD: Mandoo...

SH: Neh…

GD: I have something to tell you.

His heart was pounding. She inched closer to him. He has been waiting all these months to tell her how he feels but never had the courage to do so. 

SH: What …what is it? (She cleared .)

GD: Don’t you think our relationship is not working out? I don’t think I can handle long distance relationship any longer.

SH: I am sorry I didn’t realize it has taken a toll on you emotionally. Can’t we try one more time to make things work?

GD: We have been together since 2007… 2 years is enough. I am telling you honestly because I respect you. I do not want to hide my real feelings for you.

SH: Ahhhhh… It seems that you have made up your mind.

GD: I did. I hope you understand. You are a nice and mature girl Sohee. I really hope we could end this nicely.

SH: Gwencana oppa, what is not meant to be will never be.

GD: Jincha? Are you really fine with this?

SH: Neh oppa, don’t worry. (Liar – in fact she feels like running away to break down and cry.)

GD: Seeing that you are not crying, I guess you must have felt the same way.

SH: I guess this is it…. Thank you oppa for the good times. Thank you for being honest and ending this relationship coolly.

If only he knew how much he had broken her heart. The pain that Sohee went through made her a cold person. A very cold person. Jiyong on the other hand felt the freedom. He started dating a high profile model Kiko who is from Japan. That news made Sohee never believe in love again.

Jiyong was towelling himself dry as he watches the television. The rumours this morning seems to have spread like wild fire. He looks at Sohee’s picture on television. He misses her. He misses her chicness.

#tb Somewhere we drifted apart

It was hard to admit but yes both Jiyong and Sohee drifted apart. When Sohee left for the US, Jiyong didn’t have any much reaction. Though they so called ‘separated’ in an amicable note, it was a strange feeling for both. Gradually they were no longer in contact. Sohee knew that people change. She didn’t expect to see a dramatic change in Jiyong when news of him on the internet with Kiko started to appear.

#tb Years flew by…

It’s been 3 month since Wonder Girls been back. This time we’re back for Sunye’s wedding. The night before Sun’s wedding, the girls had a sleepover in the hotel. As they lay down on the beds, all the girls especially Sun were nervous.

SM: Unnie, are you excited?

LIM: Ya…first night jitters??

SUN: Girls …wedding jitters first…….then first night jitters…. (Squealed the leader.)

YB: I’m happy for you Sun…. so happy that I think I am going to cry.

SUN: Thanks unnie….Sohee….Sohee…Sohee...

SH: Yes unnie… are you worried about the guest tomorrow?

SUN: I am fine, you don’t have to worry. Since BB RSVP that they are coming, you have been pretty quiet.

SH: Unnie, let’s not talk about that. It’s your day tomorrow... I can’t wait to dig in the wedding cake.

SUN: Its red velvet…

YN: It’s like a piece of heaven.

YB: Yeeun ah… don’t finish it…..

#tb Sunye’s Big Day…

It was chaotic. Everyone busy getting their makeup and hair done. The girls slip into their peach chiffon dresses. With hair like loose like the Greek goddesses, the girls looks amazing. After the press conferences ended, Sunye was escorted to her waiting room. The other WG members headed to the waiting area for the wedding red carpet appearance. As they walked…

YB: You ok baby girl…

SH: Unnie, what if they are there?

YB: Well they are technically invited...

SH: No... I meant how should I look?

YB: Chic… aren’t you Ahn Sohee…

SH: I guess so…

Finally as they stepped in the waiting area, they were informed of the order for the red carpet. The moment, Sohee steps in, she felt a pair of eyes glued to her. She refuses to look around. She just looked straight. She was glad to see Nichkhun. She reached out for a hug.

Jiyong’s POV

I cannot believe my eyes. There she was stunning like a goddess. It’s strange because I cannot keep my eyes off her. So many things were in my head. I wonder why she didn’t call me. I wonder why I didn’t call her. Oh there the WGs coming. They have to greet us.

WG: Anyeong Big Bang sunbaenim.

BB: Anyeong…

TOP: You ladies don’t have to be so formal.

DS: Yeeun, you are so pretty…

YN: Thank you Daesung sshi… (She blushed.)

For some stupid reason, I pinched her cheeks.

GD: Mandoo is getting more and prettier. (I stumbled my words)

She looked shocked.

SH: Thank you oppa… (She replied hesitantly….)

GD: I can’t believe you are all grown up now….

SH: Oppa you look good too…

TOP: Yubin, you look great…

#tb Can it be fixed?

Jiyong got Sohee’s number… He texted and asked her out. She replied saying she was busy. He was a little disappointed but brushed off the feelings…. He decided to call again but this time it didn’t get thru. He wanted to call Yubin but somehow, she scares the s off him. So he decided to ask Sunmi. Sunmi being the blur alien told him that she and Yubin went to Han River.

Jiyong was about to leave the house but instead he asked Seunghyun to accompany him. In the car…

TOP: Ji...where the hell are we going?

GD: Sunmi said Sohee is with Yubin noona at Han River…

TOP: Send me home now…

GD: Hyung….

TOP: It will be awkward for me….

GD: You can entertain Yubin noona while I get to catch up with Sohee…

TOP: No… drop me off….

GD: Hyung did something happened between you and noona…??

TOP: NO… it was just awkward… after you broke up with Sohee, Yubin has been avoiding me. I guess it’s better to leave it there.

GD: Hyung are u sure… because as far as I remember Yubin was dating Taecyeon at that time… So I don’t think she is avoiding you. Maybe she is just drawing some boundaries.

TOP: Really??? She is dating Taecyeon? (Seunghyun somewhat sound disappointed.)

GD: Uhuh….Those were rumours I heard.

TOP: Since you are meeting Sohee… why the need for me to tag along?

GD: Well hyung… I just think things are very different already… we used to be close. Even though we broke up, it was an amicable break up… but distance and time drifted us apart… but since she is back… I want to be close to her again…

TOP: You guys broke up remember? You dumped her, remember?

GD: Woahh hyung… we did start off as friends first remember? Maybe we can be friends again?

#tb Bicycles in tow

Yubin and Sohee were having a nice time riding bicycles along the river. They missed doing this. Now…in order for them to do this... it can only be done very late at night or early in the morning. The girls leisurely feel the win embracing their skin. Suddenly Sohee breaks her pedal.

YB: Mandoo…why the hell…..oh…. what are they doing here??? (Yubin asked Sohee.)

SH: I have absolutely no idea…Unnie let’s turn back… quick….

As they made their turn…

GD: Sohee…… (He called her loudly and that is enough to make her stood in her tracks.)

She slowly turned….

SH: Oppa annyeong…

YB: Ji...what are you doing here so late at night?

GD: Noona, I was just chilling with hyung here….

Yubin looked behind Jiyong and Seunghyun gave her a light wave....she nodded.

YB: Anyway we got to go… see you guys around.

GD: Are you guys cycling back home?

SH: Uhuh….

GD: Why don’t I give you girls a lift? It will save you girls the energy and we have some time to catch up.

YB: I don’t think it is a good idea. Besides Seunghyun oppa looks tired. It’s ok Ji. Another time perhaps.

GD: I guess so… (Jiyong replied looking very disappointed.)

Seunghyun approached them.

TOP: Mandoo are you in anyway avoding Jiyong? Honestly it looks very obvious.

GD: Hyung….

YB: Excuse me!!!!

SH: No oppa, I’m not. Besides we already drifted apart. No point trying to avoid. We naturally grew apart. That’s all.

GD: Is it my fault?

SH: It’s nobody’s fault. Things happened. They did.

YB: Let’s go mandoo….

TOP: Ya Kim Yubin, can’t you see they are having a conversation?

YB: Choi Seunghyun sshi, I am not blind.

TOP: You sure? You sure are blind. What do you see in that fashion terrorist? He is like a walking clown.

YB: Some times, a walking clown is better than royal prince. At least he is not a jerk and is an honest man.

That shuts everyone up. Sohee stepped closer to her unnie and pull her away.

SH: Mianhe … I don’t think this conversation is going anywhere. We apologize, we’ll take our leave.

The girls quickly get on their bicycles and cycle away.

That was the last conversation they all had together until WGs comeback yesterday. Jiyong thought that yesterday’s short meeting was an amicable one and he hopes things would get better. Jiyong got dressed quickly upon realizing he has been daydreaming about his past with Sohee.

Nice to see you

After having lunch at Gyokuki, Sohee had to return for one of her schedules. Yubin decided to do some grocery shopping since she is already out of the house. She decided to head to a supermarket selling organic food since JYP talked about it a couple of times. Being the big sister of the group, she always monitors the welfare of her team members. So she is going to shop for healthy food for her donsengs.

She was looking through the asparagus when she hears a soft cough beside her. She turned and there he was looking all cute. She took a step back and bow.

YB: Anyeong Seunghyun sshi…

TOP: Anyeong, you don’t have to be formal to me you know. Just call me oppa if that is fine with you.

YB: Errr, isn’t it inappropriate?

TOP: I insist….

YB: Neh oppa.

TOP: Did you saw the articles online? I am sorry for that.

YB: Don’t worry seung... I mean don’t worry oppa. I don’t pay much attention to such news. Anyway I will leave you to enjoy your grocery shopping. See you oppa!

Yubin pushed her trolley away only to be caught up by Seunghyun who was carrying a basket with 6 cartons of milk and juice.

TOP: Lets shop together. Since you and I can’t be bothered with those gossips and rumours, we should just shop like normal. Besides, we are friends aren’t we?

YB: Are we? (Yubin was shocked that came out from .)

TOP: I see…. Then I will leave you to your shopping then. (He replied disappointingly before walking away.)

Yubin felt ty. She didn’t mean all that. In fact for some reason, she has poor control of her speech and emotions every time she faces Seunghyun. Since the comeback where both groups promoted together, Yubin has this aching feeling in her heart every time she sees Seunghyun.

She was loading the food into her car when Seunghyun once again appeared beside her.

TOP: Let me help you with these!

YB: Seung….I mean Oppa, you don’t have to. I can do it myself.

TOP: Ani, it is no big deal.

When everything is tucked safely in the bonnet, Yubin turned and bowed to Seunghyun. Seunghyun stood there like a scarecrow wondering if he should say what is in his head or heart. Yubin let of a small cough and closed the bonnet.

YB: Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I…. I will take my leave then.

TOP: Yubin…

YB: Neh oppa … (Yubin looked at his eyes as though she is peering into his soul.)

TOP: Are you…. I mean currently…. You know like as of this moment…

YB: Oppa, wei gurei… what are you trying to say?

TOP: Are you seeing someone right now?

YB: No... I’m going home… not meeting anyone... (She replied nonchalantly knowing where this question will lead them to.)

TOP: Ani ya… That is not what I meant.

YB: Huh… what are you trying to say oppa?

TOP: Are you dating anyone now? (Seunghyun asked shyly as he looks away from Yubin cute doe eye stare.)

YB: A…Ani… I am not seeing anyone with a fond heart. (Yubin answered philosophically with a blushing face.)

TOP: That is good to hear… (He cleared his throat before summoning up his courage to say what he wanted to say in the most unlikely of place… a CARPARK!) Arraso… Let me be very honest.

YB: Neh…

TOP: Be ready!

YB: Huh?? I don’t get what you are trying to say?

TOP: Be ready; I am going to pursue you!

Yubin couldn’t believe her ears. It’s a dream right? Only a dream right?

TOP: I have to go; you’ll be at the broadcast this Friday right? I shall see you then. Drive safely okay! (Seunghyun bid his goodbye and he tucks Yubin’s hair behind her ears.)

He was kidding right? She thought to herself. Maldo andwe! He was just playing around. That was what went through her head while she drove home.

WG and Big Bang Goodbye Stage

Big Bang didn’t really perform much because they were away for their tour most of the time. This time around, both teams prepare their goodbye stage. Yubin was daydreaming when the hairdresser did her hair. She kept on staring at the mirror. She was actually exhausted. She has been busy with UPRS2.

SM: Don’t you find Yubin unnie strange?

LM: Wei... don’t tell me you noticed the blind daze….

SM: Right…. See I wasn’t just imagining things!

YN: It could be that she is just tired?

Yubin’s looked upset when she scrolled down her phone.

LM: I didn’t know TOP sunbaenim is dating Krystal. They looked weird. Wasn’t it a few days back when his rumoured to be with Yubin unnie. Now it seems he has someone else.

YN: I don’t think it is true. She doesn’t look like his type. (Yeeun replied cautiously as she monitors Yubin’s reaction.)

SM: Hmmm, I always thought he would look good with Yubin unnie. (Sunmi commented as she observes for Yubin’s response.)

Yubin has been reading all of Seunghyun’s texts but refused to reply. Honestly she would want to but after hearing about the rumours she was hesitant. She always believed that she doesn’t like him but she cannot help but feel weird…. Or should she say… JEALOUS!

The girls were gathered at the sofa and table eating their bento lunch while waiting for their call time. Yubin claimed that she had no appetite. So she sat at a corner drinking her favourite coffee while reading Seunghyun’s texts over and over again. Her pouts were too obvious that the rest of the girls knew she was feeling upset. But unlike the other WG, as an unnie she rarely likes to share her problems. She would always be there to help everyone but she actually doesn’t know how to ask for help when she needs it.

~knock knock~

The girls stood up when they heard the knock. Big Bang opened the door and greeted the girls. Yubin refused to look at the boys in the eye. She smiled but barely says any words. Feeling stuffy as the two groups were talking, she excused herself to the toilet.

YB: Mianhe… I need the ladies.

The rest nodded but were surprised to see that Seunghyun too exited the room as well.

GD: Wei, is Yubin noona not well?

SM: Ani… I think her heart is not well.

YN: Ya Sunmi … you talk too much. (Yeeun intrude the conversation as she stuffed a fish cake into Sunmi’s mouth.)

LM: She hasn’t been herself today. Yesterday she was all smiles. Today….. Hmmmm

TY: Isn’t that the same with hyung?

SR: Those 2 needs to get married…

LM: But isn’t TOP sunbaenim dating Krystal?

GD: Ani ah maknae….. They barely knew each other.  Anyway, Sohee is not here?

YN: No, wei gu rei Jiyong ah?

GD: Ani … just asking…

Otae

Yubin excused herself from the conversation only to head to the outdoor garden. There weren’t many people there. But there were definitely some idols that were smoking and chit-chatting. Yubin bowed and find a secluded place for her to sit down in peace. She looked at her phone once again. She read the online tabloids about him. She got visibly more upset. She read Seunghyun texts for like the hundredth time and wanted to reply only to delete her words again and again.

TOP: You know I have been waiting for your text reply! (Seunghyun finally say something after observing her for a good 10 minutes.)

YB: Ya…kam chiagia… you scared me. (Yubin was startled to hear his voice and held her hand close to her heart.)

TOP: What was it that you were typing?

YB: Nothing…

TOP: You were reading about me on the internet too…

YB: No I wasn’t…

TOP: You know you could have just asked me personally…. I would be glad to answer all your questions. (His voice turned serious as he sat himself beside her.)

YB: Ani…. I have nothing to ask.

TOP: You know something…

YB: What?

TOP: We should have talked and understand each other better way way earlier…

YB: I don’t understand what you’re trying to say…

TOP: I think you understand PERFECTLY what I meant! (He replied firmly.)

YB: So…. What can I do if I understand it perfectly?

TOP: I have never met someone so …. (He couldn’t find the perfect word to describe Yubin and that frustrates him.)

YB: Stubborn? Annoying? Irritating?...... I really would like to be alone. Can we carry this conversation some other time Seunghyun ahh…? (She pleads softly.)

TOP: I like it…

YB: Excuse me?

TOP: I like it when you call out my name. It makes me feel special.

Yubin stared at Seunghyun in the eye. He did the same.

She was trying to understand this man’s intention. Is he sincere? Is he just making fun of things? Is he serious about what he said a couple days back? How can someone be so masculine and handsome but look so cute and adorable at the same time? His eyes are piercing but kind. His brows look fierce but they look perfect on his face. She was just looking at him.

He is just staring at her because she is damn freaking beautiful. He always wondered why he liked her. Yes he is always surrounded by beautiful models and artists but none as unique as her. She is neither tall nor fair. But she exudes a charm like no other. He loves it how she is so confident and y on stage but totally innocent and cute off stage.

Both do not actually know what they want to say but both knew exactly what they really want…. They want each other. But none of them ever mentioned anything that much. Seunghyun finally took a deep breath …. And opened his mouth….

TOP: Lets date!

Yubin was so shocked that she was left speechless….

TOP: Otae???

Seunghyun reaches out for her hand and awaits her response.... 

Yubin smiled and.....

 

 

 

AN: He he he sorry for the long absence. Anyway the words in maroon were throwbacks for them!