Rewind

Reboot Rewind Relove

SBS Station

Sohee was very nervous. Today is Wonder Girls comeback show. She steps into a nearby café to buy the girls their favourite drinks. She was busy ordering when a text came. She quickly paid and checked her phone.

SY: Mandoo… where are you? I’m here with Hailey already.

Sohee smiled as she collected her orders. She exited the store and crossed the road leading to SBS. Little did she realize he was observing her from the van.

‘She still looks the same. The cute smile, the cat-like eyes and the fashion sense is so her,’ thought Jiyong.

Sohee registered her name at the counter. She had to wait for a little while for the staff to verify her name as a guest. Jiyong entered the station and saw her talking to the lady at the counter. He wondered if he should say Hi. Alas he decided not too because s already were waiting for him. He quickly entered the elevator.

As Sohee makes her way to Wonder Girls dressing room, she was very nervous. She knew Big Bang are making their come back. She hopes not to bump into them. Although it would be nice to meet her Seunghyun oppa whom she last filmed a CF with, she is very nervous about meeting Jiyong. No, there wasn’t any hatred between them. The break up was an amicable one but nonetheless Jiyong’s reasons hurt her.

She knocked on Wonder Girls room…

SH: Anyeonggggggg….miss me everyone?

YB: Yah…mandoo… why are you late?

SH: Mianhe… I got your favourite drinks.

LM: Bogoshipo…. (Lim came in for a hug…)

SH: Yah... yah... we just went to the gym 3 days ago.

LM: Wei…. Can’t I miss you?

SY: Sunmi yang… Wei gu re? You look super-duper nervous!

SM: I’m scared unnie.

YN: Sunmi ah, you’ll be fine.

LM: I’m here…. Don’t worry Sunmi yah…

SY: Have you paid your respects to the sunbaes already?

YN, YB, SM & LM: Soon… Once we are done with our hair.

SY: There is only Super Junior and Big Bang right?

YB: Neh…. (Yoobin replied reluctantly as she eyed Sohee)

SY: I’ll follow; I have not greeted them in a long time.

YN: Sohee?

SH: I’ll just stay in the room.

SY: It would be rude if you don’t greet them Sohee ah.

SH: Arrasso leader!

Wonder Girls head towards Super Junior’s room. Before they could knock, Donghae opened the door.

SY: Kamchiagia… you scare me sunbaenim.

LT: Wonder Girls…. Sunye ah….. Aigooo….. Baby Hailey…. Come to uncle!

Hailey looked at Leeteuk and starts to cry.

DH: Yah… why do you have to scare her?

Dong Hae tried to reach out to Hailey and thankfully she wants him. Dong Hae seems good with children. Sunye looked at him and reminisce about the past. If only he cares about his popularity lesser, they could have been a family now. Well she is happily married now and she hopes he finds happiness too.

Donghae stole occasional glance at Sunye. He regretted saying that he needs to focus on being a celebrity. At that time, both Sunye and he liked each other a lot. But knowing how hard it was for Donghae to focus, she took a step back and walk in another direction.

Heechul rests his arms on Sohee’s shoulder.

HC: Mandoo miss me?

Sohee only let out a nervous laugh. She nodded and Heechul as always asked for a photo. Once they left Super Junior’s waiting room, they headed to Big Bang’s waiting room. The steps got heavier for Sohee. Along the way, baby Hailey wanted to be carried by Sohee. Being the doting aunt that she is, she carried Hailey even though she is in Valentino heels.

YB: Gwencana? When was the last you contacted Jiyong?

SH: Close to 5 years ago. I’m fine unnie, you don’t have to worry. (Sohee answered earnestly as her eyes focuses on Hailey.)

When Wonder Girls knocked on the room, they were greeted by their manager. Sunye led the way. The girls came in and bowed.

WGs: Anyeong sunbaenim, Wonder Girls imida.

SY: Hyorin unnie… you are here.

HY: I was about to head to your room later. You beat me to that.

Sohee avoided eye contact by focusing in Hailey. Hailey was chewing the ends of Sohee’s hair and was occasionally throwing kisses. In her heart, let just get it done and over with. However when Hyorin and Taeyang walked over, Hailey wanted Taeyang.

DS: Sunye ah, Hailey is growing up fast.

SY: Neh, she is getting more affectionate now.

TOP: Can I just ask something?

YN: Neh sunbae….

TOP: No need for formalities… Are you guys still together?

SY: Yes we are. The only difference is that Sohee and I would like to focus on other things for now. But we are still the Wonder Girls.

TOP: Seungri… see I told you! (He turned and looks a little jealous as Seungri gave Yubin a hug)

SR: Neh… Noona… bogoshipo….

YB: Me too…

SR: Have you heard from Yunho hyung?

YB: Neh … oppa just texted me from camp. (Those words actually make Seunghyun a little sad.)

Jiyong braved himself and walked towards Sohee. He tapped her shoulder and smiled at her.

GD: Have you been well?

SH: Yes…. Op...I mean yes Jiyong sshi… (She corrected herself.)

GD: Just call me oppa like you used to.

Sohee just nodded. Both groups took a seat and started chatting. Sohee sat beside Yubin and occasionally looked at her unnie and gave an assurance that she is fine. Yubin is protective of her. When Sohee and Jiyong were together, Seunghyun tried to court Yubin. However before they could be a couple, Sohee and Jiyong broke up and Yubin just took hundred steps back and avoided Seunghyun.

GD: Ladies, I bought the album. It was very very good.

SM: You bought? We came to give you a copy…. He he he (Sunmi exclaimed weirdly.) What is your favourite track oppa?

GD: Rewind, Faded Love, Gone and Remember.

SM: I’ll tell you a secret oppa….

GD: Wei??

SM: Rewind and Faded Love was composed by me and Sohee. Ms Nabi is her producer name.

SH: Mimi ah… now it’s no longer a secret.

SM: Opps…

GD: I really like Rewind.

SM: Both you and Sohee are so similar…

Yubin cleared to remind Sunmi. She must have overlooked the fact that Sohee and Jiyong dated and the song was written based on their relationship. Sunmi looked away.

GD: Was it about us? (Jiyong blurted out nonchalantly and took over Hailey from Taeyang.)

YB: Ani Jiyong ah, she was talking about the guy she recently dated. Their personalities are so different, that is why they broke up. (Yubin lied for her dear Sohee.)

GD: You dated someone after me? (Jiyong questioned Sohee.)

SH: Ah …neh….

Jiyong never heard of any gossip regarding Sohee. For some selfish reason, he had hoped that Sohee remained single or be back with him. To know that she has seen someone else other than him kind of hurt his feelings.

GD: Were you as happy with him as you were with me? (He asked softly.)

That question shocked everyone. It was a moment of awkward silence until WGs manager came in.

WGM: Girls you got to go backstage now.

The girls excuse themselves. Hailey wanted to be carried by Sohee; her arms were reaching out to Sohee. Sohee came near and held out her hands. Jiyong looked at her as he carried Hailey. Sohee avoided eye contact but when their hand brushed against each other as she took Hailey from him, both looked away.

When the girls left the room…

SR: Moya hyung! Why asked such an awkward question?

Jiyong turned to Hyorin and approached her close…

TY: Yah GD, why are you getting too close to my girlfriend?

GD: Noona, who did Sohee dated? I am pretty sure you have an idea because you guys already knew each other before she left for BHE.

HY: Jiyong ah, it is not in my place to say.

Hyorin knew Sohee never dated anyone. She understood something clearly, Sohee was still hurting. She lied so that she could keep that last bit of pride that she has.

TOP: Ji… let it be…. She has the right to date who ever she wants.

GD: I am not saying she can’t date. However aren’t you all curious who she dated?

DS: Nope, not me….

TOP: You just indirectly said she can’t…

GD: Daesung ah, you go to the same church with Sunye right? Help me find out…

TY: Ji … maybe she dated Heechul, you know he worshipped her.

GD: Nah, Sohee won’t like a guy like him!

TOP: You’re sure about that?

GD: Her style is not like that…

SR: Hyung when a guy is genuine and persistent, girls tend to fall for them. He waited so long for her, I think he deserves her.

GD: What makes you think I didn’t wait for her! (Jiyong snapped!)

There was tension in the room. Jiyong excused himself to the toilet.

TY: He has never gotten over her did he?

DS: Nope…definitely not!

SR: No wonder Kiko was pissed, all these while she thought she was his muse. Apparently not.

Backstage, Sohee and Sunye were helping the girls prepare for their stage. She was aware Big Bang was there too. She could feel Jiyong’s eyes following her but she need to convince herself that she must be dreaming. Why would he be looking at her? She is just an ex.

As the Wonder Girls walked up the stage for their trial, Sunye had to settle sleepy Hailey leaving Sohee alone. She observed the girls from afar. She jolted when Jiyong tapped her shoulder.

GD: Sohee...

SH: Neh oppa…

GD: Do you miss the stage?

SH: A little. But my focus is on acting for now.

GD: Yeah... you have always shown deep interest for acting.

SH: Mmm eer yah…

GD: Wei... are you feeling uncomfortable talking to me?

SH: Ani… don’t be offended….

GD: Can I ask you something?

SH: Me?

GD: Yeah...

SH: O…okay

GD: Who have you dated since we broke up?

SH: Mianhe oppa, I don’t wish to answer that …

GD: Wei?

SH: It is personal… I hope you can understand.

GD: Hmmm when was your last relationship?

SH: I’m not telling you…

GD: Please don’t tell me it’s Heechul...

SH: Why not? (Sohee looked at him curiously.) He is a nice and caring oppa.

GD: He is weird!

SH: Hahahha you are so funny oppa…. Come to think of it, I don’t think he is weird.

GD: Sohee ah….

SH: Wei….

GD: Have you listened to Big Bang’s comeback song, specifically ‘If you’ (He asked shyly…)

SH: Not yet… But I will listen to it because you are performing it soon later right? (She lied.)

GD: Oh… I thought you heard it already…

Sohee lied. She lied through and through. She heard the song a million times. She wished at the corner of her heart that the song is for her. When recent news about Jiyong’s break up with Kiko was announced, she felt so stupid for even thinking it has something to do with their past.

SH: Look… the girls are done….your turn to perform oppa….

GD: Arraso... you must watch me aite?

Yubin watched Sohee from the stage. She was wondering what Jiyong and Sohee talked about. As she removed the portable microphone and receiver, Seunghyun came up to her.

TOP: You play well… the drums… I meant...

YB: Ah… neh…. Kamsahamina Seunghyun sshi…. I’m still learning….

Seunghyun is pretty annoyed she addressed him formally.

TOP: Don’t have to be so formal to me. We are friends right….

YB: I guess… Hey I got to go…

TOP: I’ll call you later. (He called out to Yubin who was hurrying out.)

Hearing Seunghyun said that cause an awkward silent.

The staffs, the two group themselves were shock.

Yubin…she turned and…