oo2

Contentment
Please log in to read the full chapter

Oh wow. Now I know why the females were buzzing with excitement. It wasn’t one, but five males transferring to BH Highschool. It is pretty comical, really. As the group of males walk forward, the once crowded hallway filled with girls to catch a glimpse of these dashing males parted like the red sea, mouths and eyes wide open, expressions alike. They look like nemo, I snickered to myself inwardly and moved on. I had no time, exams are coming round the corner and I have to maintain my placing as the first in school.

“Hey! Y/N! This is for you,” a guy handed a bouquet of red roses to you.

“Um… You are?” Who is this guy oh my god. Though it’s still in the middle of school period, my father summoned me to his office for a meeting and I can’t really be any later.

“Pet, don’t play hard to get, everyone knows me here. I’m the heir to Dex hotels, Hakeung. I like you a lot, want to be my girl?” urgh, be my girl? Corny.

“Sorry but no, I don’t have time for this and I don’t like roses. Thanks, I guess,” brushing past him I ran towards the waiting BMW Mr Lee was holding the door open for me.

 

??? POV

I watched on while she hurriedly went along, leaving a stunned audience behind. While the confession was taking place, those girls changed their focus on to her. Their eyes burned with jealously as the one of the most eligible man proposed to her, although sleazy but this guy was indeed not lacking in the looks department.

But as expected of my cousin, she coldly rejected him. The reaction was phenomenal. Everyone started spreading the news of Hakeung getting rejected while he still stood there with his mouth parted in a daze, roses still in his hold.

Seeing no more reason for me to stay here watching, I decided to move along to get my schedule in the office. Though I already know it’s the exact copy of Y/N’s, it a wonder what money can do.

In the midst of all that buzz, I definitely did hear the embarrassment of Hakeung, “Who does she think she is anyways, I don’t really like her. I mean, I am Hakeung, that .”

Ahh, my cousin is really the best.

 

Reader’s POV

The meeting was boring, but it was better than school. At the company there were no hushed whispers about how bratty I was, when they didn’t even know about me. It was infuriating for the first few instances where I heard their gossips, but I’ve learnt to tame my anger. Those people are like school during the holidays.

No class.

I see no absolute point in being bothered about their topics revolving around me. I was well on my way of being the successor of Lit. Corps, they are probably worrying

Please log in to read the full chapter