oo1

Contentment
Please log in to read the full chapter

Happiness is what I had been searching for since I was young. Constantly asking myself whether I was happy with what I had, since my parents always taught me that I was privileged. But does being privileged equate to being happy essentially? No, it does not. Being wealthy and growing up in a good background might secure my future but since I was a young child, I simply knew I did not desire this. Funny how my parents wanted me to live through a humble and average, normal childhood by having me enrolled into a local and neighbourhood school yet they deprived me of that exactly. Just because I was a young child does not meant I was ignorant. I knew my parents were different and I was no average child; while other kids had their parents to come fetch them on stormy rains, my driver, Mr Lee came instead. I’ve always wanted to share an umbrella and stroll with my parents, however I was never grant that. “Y/N, go to your room and study. You have to work for your future,” was the constant I met at home. Was I happy with what I had? No.

Being raised with such care, or lack thereof, I grew up to be a cold person. No, I wasn’t socially inept, quite the opposite actually, when I had to attend dinner parties my parent’s acquaintances held to ‘familiarise’ with my future setting. Standing there being constraint by a tight fitting costume and a stiff cheek from holding a smile too long to make an effort to chat up ‘friends’ of my age whether which men that wouldn’t mind getting an arrange marriage with, I’d rather not. I w

Please log in to read the full chapter