Happiest job

Sleeping beauty

-5 years later-

"Hey you over there." I pointed at his direction with a frown. "Can't you work your quicker?! We have a load of customers waiting to be served."

"Y-yes ma'am! " He said before running into the kitchen to get the food served. I sighed and shook my head lightly.

"Busy as always huh?" Jackie, my younger sister said while leaning against the wall. 

"No . And you aren't helping with me." I glared at her.

"Hey! I've been working my off the past few days for your other restaurants? Why do you have to open so many dn restaurant?! You're already filthy rich!" She said and I chuckled. "Seriously, stop working for a second and get a life sis!"

It's been five years since I quit the job. Since I've been working for a year for the Jungs, I've collected enough money to open my very first restaurant. I shovered myself with loads of work and I successfully opened 10 branches of my restaurant in 5 years.during this 5 years I had tried to have a decent relationship with a girl. But we broke it off after a few months. Until this day I still can't forget her. Krystal Jung. I wonder what she's doing right now....

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw someone entering the restaurant. My eyes widened at the sight.

"M-Mr Jung?!" I stared at him in disbelief.

"Amber." He smiled and approached me. "It's been a very long time, how have you been?"

"I've been pretty good sir." I grinned. "I have 10 restaurant across the country running under my name." His eyes widened in surprise.

"That's fantastic kid." He grinned widely. "Now I understand why someone would name a restaurant this way." I smiled sadly. 

"Welcome to Sleeping Beauty Restaurant." We heard a waitress said cheerfully. 

"It's named after Soojung right?" I nodded my head.

"How has she been Mr Jung?" I asked nervously.

"She..." he paused and sighed.

"What happened sir?!" I looked at him with a deep frown.

"She's been asleep since the day you left,  Amber." I gasped in shock at his revelation.

"F-for 5 years?!" He nodded sadly and I stepped backwards, feeling incredibly guilty. Is it because of me? Why did I left her back then!!! I should have told her that I would wait for her no matter what! "The doctors were speechless as well. They said she might not wake up ever again..."

"Bring me to her sir!" I said firmly. 

"W-wha-"

"I want to see her sir! I love Krystal!"

 

..........

 

I stared at the mansion in front if me. It's been a long time huh? I remember coming here for the first time... I chuckled at the thought.

"Amber?" Mr. Jung beckoned me into the house and I did so. I stared around the place. It hasn't changed much huh...

As we walked up the stairs,  my heart pounded more fhard and fast. I'm going to see Krystal again.... After so long... Mr. Jung opened the door and I muttered a thank you before walking into the room. The very room I once shared with my sleeping princess. My bed is still here, at the exact same place. And my princess is sleeping on it. I walked to the bed and sat beside her, staring at her. Tears are flowing freely down my cheeks as I caress her lovely face.

"Hello, princess." I whispered. "I'm sorry I left you alone. You must be lonely sleeping here alone for so long." I traced my thumb along her lips before leaning down. "I love you so very much I could die living without you. Please come back to me. I will wait for you forever my princess." I kissed her cold and dry lips.

I broke the kiss and sat upright, wipping my tears. 

 

 

 

"Amber..." I froze when I heard a hoarse and soft voice. It can't be... no way. I turned my head down.slowly. A pair of delicate eyes met mine.

"K-Krystal?" I croaked.

"Am I dreaming?" she whispered. I sobbed and smiled widely. 

"No! You're not dreaming Krystal! Neither am I. I love you so much Krystal! I hope you'll forgive me for leaving you." I hugged her tightly, tears streaming down my face uncontrollably. 

"I love you too Am."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh no!" A beautiful woman snapped open her eyes and glanced the Calender hanging in front of her. "23th August 2025?!" She screamed.

"What's going on baby?" She looked beside her and found her wife panicking. She pointed at the Calender hanging on the wall. 

"Aish, must that little kid's work. Don't worry baby, it's 23th February 2025." The tomboyish wife of hers patted her shoulder. "Didn't I told you many times that your sleeping beauty syndrome had completely cured miracally 10 years ago after I woke you up from your 5 years slumber?" 

"I'm still worried Am baby, you never know." Krystal sighed and leaned her head against Amber's chest. 

"Don't worry, if it comes back I'll just give you a true love's kiss just like ten years ago and you'll wake up." Krystal laughed and hit Amber's arm playfully. 

"I love you, my sleeping beauty." Amber smiled while looking at her wife lovingly.

"I love you too, my stupid prince." Krystal closed her eyes as Amber leaned forward, ready to give her princess a morning kiss. 

"Yuck!!" A little girl at the door grimaced and the couple laughed.

"Jessica!" Amber glared playfully at her 6 year old daughter. "What did you do to the Calender." Jessica squealed and ran when Amber got off the bed and chased after their daughter.

 "If this is a dream I wish I'll never wake up." Krystal said while watching her wife ticking her daughter.

 

 

 

 

...................................................................

 

Well guys, how was it? 

I hope you enjoy this lame story. 

Thank you very much for reading!!!

*bow*