Ch1: Disappearing

Disappearing

It all started on one fine day; a normal day. People started disappearing; everywhere in the world. It was reported in the news, all around the world, TV news anchors even disappeared in front of live TV. No one knew what was happening. They just seemed to vanish into thin air, without a sound. 

Theories started drifting around; witchcraft, aliens, magic, God’s punishment. Some people were scared, some people didn’t care. Some people went on going to work or school. Some people stayed at home. But no matter what they did, people kept disappearing. Science couldn’t explain it. No one could.

In our suburb, there were only a few left. 7 adults, including Alex’s mum, and my sister. Alex, Angela, Brandon, Joshua, me and about 5 other kids were the only children left. All around the world, children who had lost their parent were crying, panicking. It seemed that more adults were disappearing than children. The remaining government estimates that more than half the world’s total population had disappeared.

I went to school as per normal. The sadness of my parents disappearing, had already gotten numb. I had learnt to accept death, and move on. But not one day was without the thought that eventually people would stop disappearing, and the issue would be solved. We couldn’t do anything but to hope. Some people who couldn’t stand it anymore, killed themselves.

School was different now. Because of so many people, including children disappearing, schools had merged. Each council’s region, would have one school where everyone attended. There were still classes, but only one class for each year. We didn’t take attendance anymore, it was as if no one cared if children attended school anymore.

Students from our school would disappear; one by one. No one asked where they were or why they weren’t at school, we were used to it.

At school, I hanged out with Alex, Angela, Brandon and Joshua. They were my primary school friends, and when we got bunched up to the same school, they were they only people I knew. I eventually became friendly with other people in school, but they were my closest friends.

We hanged out with each other after school, often Alex’s mum cooking something for us and my sister. We did homework with each other, and often had sleepovers in Alex’s or my house. Angela, Brandon and Joshua’s parents had disappeared, and we thought it was best to stick together and cherish our moments together. After all, who knew when we would disappear, along with the rest of the world’s population?

Every day was spent like this, until my life was turned around. Angela, Brandon and Joshua had disappeared together.

Me and Alex, had woken up in the morning, finding them not in the house. We both thought that they had woken early and gotten to school early. But as we arrived at school, we couldn’t find them. They didn’t turn up to school the day after either, nor the week after.

It was official. They had disappeared.

3 of my closest friends has disappeared, together. And there was only me and Alex left.


What do think will happen next? Pls comment and tell me what you think about this story. I'm planning for this story to be like a sort of short novel.

If you see anyone with the same story, pls tell me. This story is not copied from somewhere else, it is my own original idea that i thought of when i was daydreaming.

Also, sangolita on fanfiction.net and wattpad is my other accounts.