Wedding Dress

Wedding Dress

I knocked onto the door and heard a soft ‘Come in’ being said. I opened it and there she was, in a white semi-laced gown but mostly silk. She was as pure as her gown, probably more. *Beautiful as ever* I thought. She looked through the mirror and saw my reflection, standing at the door. Her angelic face suddenly was filled up with her wonderful smile. She turned and said, “Eli!” She stood up and ran towards me with open arms.

*I wish you could do that to me for the rest of our lives* the thought ran through me. She hugged me and all I could do was return it. I let go of her first before my heart could break into more pieces.  “You look wonderful,” I complimented. “Thank you,” she said, smiling so brightly. It seems like it was only yesterday that we met at the school’s cafeteria.

[Flashback]

2002;

I was only 15 at the time and you were the new girl in class. Kibum, my best friend, had asked you to join us for lunch since it was only the both of us. You were quiet, but you grew closer to us and you opened up more, especially to me.

2006;

The three of us just freshly entered college and you were excited. You discovered love and heartbreak at the same time. You fell for him. Kibum, why?  The night that you told me you loved him through the phone; I couldn’t explain how I hated those words that were coming out of your mouth. I hated the fact that you didn’t know my feelings yet, as a best friend, I gave you the support that a best friend should give to another. I blindly led you to a heart break as you found out Kibum had a girlfriend. I could see how hurt you were seeing him with her all day long and your cheerful self was long gone.

2007;

Unfortunately, Kibum and his girlfriend didn’t last long. “She’s annoying,” to what he said, summarized. You were then happy and I could see you grew fonder of him. You dressed up when the three of us went on an outing and you paid more attention to him more than me. Although I didn’t have much of your attention, I’ve always been there for you. Ready to be your shoulder to cry on if he hurt your feelings which he did. I was hurt too, though. My best friend was leaving me to another foreign country. You cried before he left and cried after he did. I stayed up with you all night long, comforting you but you still couldn’t see how much I love you.

2009;

The year, Kibum had returned to Seoul. You were excited. I was happy to see that you were happy. You hold my arm, waiting upon his return at the airport, making my heart flutter uncontrollably. Your sweet smile and your dimple that appears slightly below your lips that makes your smile even better. Inside, I was hoping he wouldn’t return, hopefully forever, just to have more time with you because I know, when he’s back, he’ll be the only one in your eyes.

I had wanted to tell you my feelings for you at the airport but then it came to me. If you knew that I have these feelings for you, you would’ve surely grown distant with me and it’ll be awkward.

2010;

We were partying at our favourite club after work, celebrating the upcoming 2010. You were drinking and laughing with some of your colleagues when a group of guys came up and tried to flirt with you, which you turned down. Yet, they wouldn’t take ‘no’ as an answer and forced you to go with them. I thought, being the hero that saved you from them would change your view towards me, unfortunately, no. I was just still your best friend.

I put those thoughts aside and brought you to a narrow walkway, which was going towards the washroom. You were standing on the opposite side of the wall and I was on the other. My hands in my pocket, fingers playing with a diamond ring that I was planning to give you. Just as I was about to say something, Kibum came and slipped in a diamond ring onto your finger instead. You looked at him confused, he had asked you to marry him and without second thoughts, you said yes. There and then, my heart shredded to pieces but I kept smiling, congratulating the both of you.

[end of flashback]

2011;

Now, it’s hurting even more. You walked down the aisle, hands linked with your fathers’. I was standing behind Kibum, plastering a fake smile on my face. How I hated myself and Kibum. I hated myself for being such a coward to tell you that I love you when I had the chance and hated Kibum because he had you. And he’ll be so stupid if he don’t cherish the precious thing he has in his arms. The priest announced the both of you lawfully husband and wife, my chances to have you crushed and gone. I can’t look at you the same way I did before. You’re my best friends’ wife.

The both of you kissed and red and white rose petals were thrown at you for prosperity in your marriage life. Before walking out of the church, you turned back to look at me and gave me a flying kiss plus a wink. I did the same, only it was just a show. You didn’t know and never will know how crushed I was inside.

As everyone left the church, making their way to the wedding reception at Kibum’s hotel, which he took over a few months ago, I still stood there at my spot. I put my hands into my pocket and felt something was in it. I took it out and it was the diamond ring that I was planning to use to propose to you.

Tears fell down on my cheeks, I was speechless. Some say it ain’t over until it’s over but I guess this is over now.

 

__________________________________________________________

 

I know it's ish. I'm writing this at 1 am in the morning and I didn't have enough rest from school and attachment.

Welll, if you want me to continue this oneshot into a full length story, please do tell but I won't be doing it soon though. I need to fiinish my first full length fanfic of BEAST.

Well, till then :)