Striking Innocence

Veiled in Silk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Oopsies! Did I really take this long to upload??? I'm so sorry!! /sobsss

I was just taking some time to think a bout some plot ideas I had, which is why it took forever to complete the first chapter. But nonetheless, here it is! Hope you like!

Apologies for any errors - please point them out if you spot any! This is unedited.

................

 

The Emperor’s palace had been lit in honour of the noble Captain’s recent victory against the Northern hostile legions. Lanterns lit the expanse of the Imperial Lands, an atmosphere of victorious celebration in the air. Emperor Lee had personally received him from his voyage - such was his value to the Empire’s dominating status over the nations. Captain Jung had spent the entirety of the day in the Palace’s White Marble Ball Room. It was a sight to behold, made specifically to show off the grandeur of the Emperor’s taste in artistry. For all its glory, the Captain had not had the chance to appreciate, fully, the work of art that was the entire structure of the towering marble walls. A shame, he thought, for he had a soft spot in his heart for such beauties.

But all thoughts of the beautiful architecture flew away from his mind as his eyes focussed on the trembling form on the ornately decorated bed. Pale, protruding shoulders were exposed from under the deep red velvet sheets draped across the rest of the body. Dark ebony waves messily fell at waist length, so dark that the light from the chandelier above almost reflected off of it. The figure, however, was clearly quivering, emitting little sniffs every now and then. One arm under the cushion, the other bunching the soft looking material in a fist. Crying.

He’d been granted some private time away from consuls and military generals, which he graciously accepted and set to go and become familiar with his own quarters that he will be dwelling in for as long as the Emperor demands his presence. The slaveboy led him up the spiral staircase towards the grandest part of the palace, the balcony of which directly overlooked the White Hall with an incredible view of the rest of the city and walls of the Palace. From the advantageous viewpoint and impressive architecture of pillars and wall art, the Captain assumed this was around the Emperor’s personal residence quarters. He felt honoured to be staying so close to the Emperor himself.

The slaveboy had left him at the top of the staircase, claiming he was not permitted to go further, but giving him the directions to find his own quarters. On his way across the hallway, he’d glanced at the golden plated door but not given it much thought until he was stopped in his tracks as he made to go on his way.

Soft whimpers made their way to his ears, piquing his curiosity. For a second he thought to ignore it, but there was something in that little voice that lured him back and into the rooms beyond the high-standing gold plated door. He did not know what to expect nor was he prepared for what was in front of him. Once the mesmerising ornamentation of the room itself had been shaken off, his eyes landed on the half- body on the ostentatious bed. Tapestries decorated the four corners of the bed with crystal-like, gleaming ornaments; the silky-red theme extended to the entire room. But grand as the quarters looked, there was a daunting sense of intimacy wafting off the interior walls that made the Captain’s skin crawl. 

“My lady, is everything alright? Do you require assistance?” He felt guilty that the walls had distracted him from the damsel, but another groan from the prone body had him coming back to his sense – realising he should probably call a maiden to tend to the Lady’s needs. He was about to say just that when the woman turned her head.

And by the lords! She was a sight to behold.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter