3. Sunggyu

INFINITE X Eunji Series

Eunji smiled at him from his arms, like he was the reason for all the happiness in the world.. And he couldn’t help but return the smile… her smile was contagious. The morning light shone on her, making her look like something out of storybook. She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He ran his fingers through her straight hair and wondered when it got so long.. She returned the favor, knowing just where to put the pressure so that he felt good….

 

"Hyung.." she whispered in his ear..

 

"Hmm.." he replied

 

"Hyung.." she called again

 

He frowned, wondering only now why it wasn't oppa but hyung?

 

"Hyung.." her voice changed into more hoarse one and he frowned

 

"Hyung! Hyung!" A familiar voice called him..but he just focused on Eunji, deciding to ignore the voice

 

"Hyung!!" This time, the voice was accompanied by a shake.

 

"Yah!" Sunggyu jerked up from his bed

 

"Hyung, wake up. We have shooting."

 

Sunggyu groaned, realizing that it was all just a dream. He did his routine job of brush-shower-change while his head was still trying to come to terms that however vivid it was, it was just a dream…..

 

"Who even schedules shooting this early in the morning!?" Sunggyu complained as he got into the van.

 

"Why are you much more cranky than usual?" Sungjong questioned

 

"I was having a heavenly dream when I got woken up! " Being woken up from those types of dreams would make anyone grumpy.

 

"Who were you dreaming of? Kyungri? Seolhyun?" Hoya and the others joined in

 

It wasn't unnatural for them to ask that as they were his 'ideal types'. There was no way he was going to admit to them about liking Eunji for a long time. The members teased relentlessly and he didn’t want things to be more awkward between her and him. It was not the time yet then. They were just rookies trying to establish themselves in the industry. But now… he had the confidence. They could stand ground together is what he believed.

 

He stopped the train of thought, realizing he went too ahead by himself. He hadn't confessed yet. And far from liking him, Eunji was really polite and cold towards him. That was all his fault though. Unknowingly, in order to hide his interest from her he ended up acting cold towards her whenever they met. Her bright greetings slowly became more and more subdued and somehow 'Anneong oppa!' turned into 'Anneonghaseyo sunbaenim' over the past few years. That definitely was not his intention.

 

I'm going to change that from today!

 

It was with full determination that he got out of the van. However, he wasn't prepared to see her the moment he entered the lobby.

 

Eunji came hurriedly towards their direction. She greeted the other members with bright smile and hesitated a moment before coolly greeting him 'Anneonghaseyo sunbae'. If it was another day, he would have given a nod as reply, but today was different

 

"Anneong Eunji ya!" he replied with a smile. He could see her being taken aback. She searched his eyes for answer, but all she got was smile. So a big smile was formed on her face. The smile that he longed to see so much that it even started appearing on his dreams.

 

"Anneong oppa!" she greeted once again before heading off her way

 

It was a small step, but it was to positive direction.

 

He knew they had duet coming up next week, so he will take that as an opportunity.

 

For today, her smile directed at him was enough to fill his heart.

 

===================

Happy Holi!!

-Sika

24/03/2016