Meeting the Bestfriend

ERROR (YoungJi x HongBin)

Soundtrack: Friends by Secret 

 

 

 

"Every girl has her  bestfriend, boyfriend, and true love. But you're really lucky if they're all the same person."

 

 

"What do you mean you can't do it?" The director furrowed his brows and furiously asked HongBin as he begged him to modify the kissing scene
 

"Mr. Park, please take it into consideration. Our fans might not be pleased with the scene." HongBin pleaded as he put his hands together and plastered a worried face. 
 

The shooting was towards its ending; HongBin and YoungJi grew close with each other. They got to know each other, shared each other's stories, ate lunch together, played around the studio, exchanged each other's numbers, and finished the mushy scenes without any awkwardness between them. 
 

Everything went smooth, so smooth but not until both found out that the kissing scene wasn't going to be a simple forehead kiss but rather a longing goodbye kiss on the lips. Yeap, on their mother freakin' luscious lips. 
 

Upon knowing it, YoungJi shrugged it off. It wasn't a big deal after all. That she kept instilling in her mind. 
 

While HongBin, on the other hand, was in so much panic due to two reasons.
 

One, Starlights might not like it. He and s, just like any other idols out there, treasure their fans so much and wouldn't want them to be hurt. Though in their case, they knew Starlights are open-minded enough not to react harshly on any girl they're paired with but, still that doesn't mean they like it. 
 

And two, he can't risk their friendship to be in an awkward state, not now that they've already started being close with each other. Moreover, he thought, "wouldn't a kiss on the forehead be much sweeter and heart-wrenching at the same time? Young fans would surely fall for it--young and fragile, the love they wanted to feel."
 

"Is that the only reason, Mr. Lee?" The director asked raising his eyebrows as high as YoungDo's (Kim Woo Bin's character in The Heirs). 
 

"What else could it be, Mr. Park?" HongBin retorted receiving a sarcastic laugh from Mr. Park. 
 

"Oh okay, let's resort to the forehead kiss then." Mr. Park gave in but later on tapped HongBin's shoulder and continued. "Too bad, you refused to grab this chance, HongBin. You already have it in your hands, all you need to do is close yours real tight and keep it for yourself. Remember that." and left HongBin exasperated. 
 

"Just what the was that all about?" HongBin whispered to himself as he assessed what Mr. Park told him. "Is he losing his sanity? What the hell was that?" 
 

 

-------

 

 

 

"So, is this where you film roommate?" Hongbin asked her, glancing out of the window, as he gave her a ride home. It wasn't his car nor they were alone. It was his company's car and it was his manager who drove for them. 
 

Bringing her home wasn't special for him nor it was for her, since he believes this simple doing is a must for any gentleman and she thinks of it as a friendly sunbae-hoobae thing. 
 

"Yep." She sprinted out of the car, rang the doorbell and yelled "KARA's Heo YoungJi's home! Open up the door please!" 
 

YoungJi. She loves being called as KARA's Heo YoungJi. She loves being recognized by people as a part of KARA. 
 

Well, just why wouldn't she love that? She worked her off through years and years to be an idol; sacrificing moments she could've turned into memories with her high school friends, she could've known more friends to grew close with if it weren't for her leaving one company after the other to live up to her dreams, barely breathing with all the hates she received as she won the Baby KARA competition and all. 
 

HongBin went out of the car laughing when someone opened the door for YoungJi. He was wearing a black snapback,  black and red basketball jersey and shorts, a pair of black sneakers and a pair of pink rubber gloves. 
 

"So who is he?" the not-so-tall-guy asked pointing at HongBin. 
 

"Oh Wang Jackson! Yah! He's our sunbae!" YoungJi yelled at him and lightly slapped his arm. She went closer to him, and whispered, "He's HongBin sunbaenim. VIXX HongBin."
 

HongBin looked at them and twitched a smile. 
 

"Ahhh! Oh my god! Im so sorry!" Jackson exclaimed. "I didn't recognize you because of your sunglasses and new hairstyle. It's nice to meet you HongBin sunbaenim!" he continued, extending his arms reaching for HongBin's hands. 
 

"No, it's okay. It's not a big deal. Nice to meet you too--Jackson." HongBin said and shook hands with him. 
 

"Oppa, please come inside. I'll prepare some coffee for you and your manger." She offered as a way of thanking him for giving her a ride home. 
 

"Ah--" 
 

"Oppa? Yah YoungJi-ah! why call him oppa? He's your sunbae, sunbae!" Jackson intervened cutting HongBin's answer midway and receiving a death glare from YoungJi.
 

"Oh, I told her to call me oppa instead of sunbae. No worries about that." HongBin told Jackson and looked at her. "Thank you for the offer but I'm sorry I need to decline it. I need to go and catch up another schedule. Maybe next time?"
He continued and flashed a genuine smile. 

 

"Oh--sure! You're welcome to our house anytime, oppa! Thanks for the ride." She answered giving him back a sweet smile. 
 

"I'll get going. It's nice to meet the both of you." HongBin bid goodbye waving his hand and entered the car. 
 

"Oppa? So can I call him hyung, then? HongBin hyunggg~" Jackson shrieked as YoungJi rolled her eyes and left him talking to his pink pair of gloves. 
 

She walked towards the car and said, "Thank you oppa and manger-nim for the ride. Please drive safely manager-nim. Visit me anytime, so I can make you a coffee." making the manager laugh and nod his head. 
 

"We will. See you soon, YoungJi" HongBin remarked, smiling at her before the car sped away.
 

He rested his head on the car's seat  and remembered what happened a while ago. They seemed so close that they could even bicker with each other. His lips twitched as he recalled YoungJi's 'our home' and later on closed his fists. 
 

He  knows he's jealous, jealous of--
'Friendship.Yeah. I'm jealous of their friendship.'
He instilled in him before closing his eyes and drifted to sleep