Why?

ERROR (YoungJi x HongBin)

Soundtrack: Bite My Lower Lip (아랫입술 물고) by Esna

 

"It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them." -Agatha Christie

 


 "Cut!" The director yelled as he clapped his hands praising the two leads in his story. 
 

"Okay, that was good! Let's now wrap up and move to the next scene." He continued and gestured everyone to pack everything up.
 

After hearing the instructions, YoungJi immediately left HongBin, who was in the corner talking casually to s, and went to her manager. 
 

"You did a great job YoungJi." Her manager praised her giving her a two thumbs up. 
 

"I know my acting wasn't that pretty good oppa but thank you for cheering me up." She timidly smiled and began packing her things. 
 

YoungJi knew her acting was pretty much awkward, especially those during their holding hands scenes. Her uneasiness wasn't because of HongBin 
As a matter of fact, She was even thankful for HongBin since if it weren't for him, the director must have scowled at them even more due to her gauche manners
But it was primarily due to their situation. 
 

It was their first meeting. Their very FIRST meeting and they have to act as a  lovey-dovey couple with skinships here and there for the first scenes.
They haven't even talked about anything else aside from their names for the past minutes and then they have to hold each other's hands, caress each other's faces and only god knows what other scenes they did. 
 

It wasn't that she was unprofessional, since in the very first place she wasn't even trained to be a professional actress but it was more of her being diffident with the skinships that happened and soon to happen.
 

She deeply sighed as these thoughts ran through her mind. 
 

"YoungJi, I have to go and fetch your HaRa unnie in the airport. Here's your phone, contact me immediately if something comes up." Her manager apologetically said not wanting to leave their maknae, who still hasn't adjusted with her new environment, in the dungeon. 
 

"And oh, the cheese lover friend of yours, sent you a text message. Go and check it." He remarked as if saying although he will leave, someone else will be there to check on her.
 

"Ohh, Okay, I'll check it! Thank you Oppa!" She excitedly uttered waving a thankful goodbye to her manager.
 

As soon as her manager handed the phone to her and left, she straightway unlocked her phone, checked the text message and replied back. 

📨Message: from WangJackass
"I heard you'll be paired with a guy. What a surprise." 

YoungJi's anxiousness were gone in a snap as she read his message. 

In fact, she was even full of smiles as she was trying to input her password. Well, just what can she do?
It was her best-friend who first texted her.
It was her best-friend who checked on her situation.
It was her best-friend who was curious with what she was doing.
It was her best-friend.

The best-friend whom she loves more than a best-friend. 
 

📩Reply: 
"Yeap! It was such a surprise that I got paired with a  ☑handsome, ☑masculine, and ☑tall guy. " She teasingly replied. 

 

YoungJi was immersed texting with her best-friend when the director yelled at the staff. 
 

"I TOLD YOU TO PACK UP EVERYTHING AND MOVE TO THE NEXT SCENE DIDN'T I? THEN WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?! DOUBLE TIME!!"
 

Her phone dropped to the ground as she flinched with the director's horrifying voice. With trembling hands, she picked up her phone forthwith and continued packing up her things as fast as she could.
 

On the other hand, HongBin and s don't seem to mind the spine-chilling scowl of the director and camly stuffed their things. 
As s left one by one, HongBin shifted his gaze to YoungJi who was packing up her things in a rush.
He smiled teasingly and whispered to himself, "Is she scared of decrepit?"
 

"Ah-kk! Ah, Oppa, I can bring it on my own no nee--" YoungJi's protest was cut halfway when HongBin grabbed her bag and slung it over his broad muscular shoulders.
 

"Let me bring it for you." He willingly offered with a smile as he grabbed his script. 
 

"Ah okay, th-thank you Oppa." YoungJi shyly stuttered with the swift move HongBin did. 
 

"Don't be afraid of Mr. Park. You're doing well. Just ignore his side comments and prove him you can do better." HongBin said as he patted her head trying to upbeat her day. He knows she was having a hard time acting out what were written on the script but nevertheless she did a good job internalizing her role and executing her lines. 
 

"I'll take note of that, so by the time I get afraid of him, which I think would never happen, I know what to do." YoungJi wittingly answered and bobbed her head as if she agreed with his statement. 
 

"Oh really? Seems like seeing you tremble with every word he drops and every bad breath he exhales doesn't scare you huh?" HongBin fired back making their conversation even funnier and dangerous. 
 

"Excuse me, but I can't remember myself trembling. As fas as I can remember, weren't you the one who quivered in fear when he scowled at us saying 'get close to each other!' " YoungJi retorted as HongBin furrowed his brows making her laugh with the-trademark-mute-alligator-laugh-Heo-YoungJi-style. 
 

Witnessing her laugh for the first time, HongBin was shocked or rather amazed by the way she laughed not because it was hideous but because it was unique and charming. 

Her unique laugh was one of her trump cards of getting the affection of others, he thought.

Because as for him, he was sure enough to know that if someone else would laugh the same way she does, it would certainly make him puke or at the least pissed towards that person. 
 


The reason behind YoungJi's exemption? 

He doesn't know.

But what was seemingly even troubling him was

why was he even thinking about it.