Breathing

Feel Better

I just want to meet her.

 Namjoon tapped his finger on the table, waiting for Bang Si-Hyuk to appear, slightly nervous. He didn't really have a good excuse for as to why they should go to America, so he was going to wing this whole thing. Now that he was actually sitting in the office, it all seemed a bit silly. Risking being yelled at by his boss to see a random girl he only knew through a letter. Namjoon stood up, just when the door opened, and his boss appeared. He gave him a bow, waiting for him to sit, before sitting himself.

"Tell me what's so important that you called me in on a Sunday morning." Si-Hyuk turned to look at the boy, eyes filled with intimidation.

 Namjoon forgot what to say at first, but cleared his throat. "Uh, i just wanted to know. If we're going to America...,"He felt his voice was slightly quivering, and cleared it again. why was he nervous? he should sound confident to get what he wanted.

"I want to go to L.A, again. Just to visit. I think the members and us should get to visit it again. With all the promotions and comebacks, we're all really stressed. I understand that we should prepare for another one, but we are really hard workers and as the leader, I am asking you to let us go on this trip." He finally took a breath and sat back down. The CEO rubbed his chin, staring at Namjoon for a while before opening his mouth to speak. "Okay."

"I'm not going to take no for a ans-wait," Namjoon stared at him, hands slamming on the table."What did you say?"

"I said you and the others can go to L.A. Yoongi already asked me, he warned me you would ask soon. Bang Si-Hyuk laughed and patted the other man's back. "You guys will go tomorrow. 3 days only." He left the room with a booming laugh. When he couldn't hear laughter anymore, Namjoon jumped up and danced, smiling widely. He got his phone and dialed his hyung's number. "Yoongi hyung...thank you...I love you man." He could hear Suga groaning and his voice, still deep and craoky; he must've woke him up....yikes. "Infires man. It's not for you. It's for your hyung. Don't get to concieted Joonie.' He hanged up and Namjoon laughed. He took out the letter and smiled at it, his heart doing summersauts and butterflies in his stomach..or he could be hungry.


"Can you stop smiling? It's making me sad." Jimin tossed a pillow at Namjoon, who hadn't stopped smiling ever since his visit back from the company. He tossed it back lazily, and Jimin walked away, slightly disgusted. "Jin, tell Joonie to stop." Jin, who walked into the room, just smiled and sat next to him, eating some weird food. "Do you think L.A. has any new food places? I want to try new things." Namjoon stopped smiling and nudged his hyung. "There's so many things in the world and you care about the food? What about the weather, the touring places..." Jin stared at Nam Joon. " You mean the one fan that has always been stuck on your mind 24/7?" 

"Yeah. That's the best part." He smiled again. "I'm going to get packing. I have to look good right?" He winked at Jin who fake gagged himself before continuing to finish eating whatever it was he was eating. Nam Joon went into his room, and got out his suitcase. How to dress nice? He stared at his pants he had worn doing the V app recording, but shook his head. He then looked at the pink star shirt he wore to weekly idol. Nah. This was going to take a while.

10 minutes later, he had one outfit. A black shirt that he didn't wear much because it exposed his collarbones, but he knew Cali weather was hot, so he added that. He'll just buy clothes in L.A. He decided to also bring a choker, because why not. Give the fans a bit of fanservice, am i right? When he was satisfied with his options, he shoved the suitcase aside and laid on the bed. He dug into his pocket and looked at the letter, Maybe he could get her to write another one, but the one in his hand was fading and the paper was slightly torn from all it's been through.

 I get to meet you soon. Will you live up to my imagination? 

and he fell asleep to holding the picture, deep into dreamland.


  He woke up to annoying cluster and noises. what the hell? 

"why are you guys so loud? i'm trying to sleep." Taehyung looked at him and laughed, along with Jimin and Jungkook. " It's time for us to go in 10 minutes. I would hurry if i were you." Namjoon rubbed his eyes and glanced at the clock. He missed his alarm. He jumped up and ran into the bathroom, did his things and prepped himself. He didn't even have time to comb his hair before their manager came into the dorm and called them to get into the car. Nam Joon grabbed his important items and his suitcase, put on his converse, and ran to the car. The other members shuffled into the van and off they went to the airport. 

Once they boarded the plane, they all agreed that Namjoon should sit by himself because hey didn't want to deal with his constant smiles and happiness. He agreed happily. He his music and counted down the hours left until they arrived. He updated with a selfie on Twitter, and captioned, "L.A., we're coming back." with a wink. He put his phone down, and took out her letter, and next to it, was a letter from him. He knew he probably woudln't see her, but it didn't hurt to try, right? 

16 hours later

 It finally struck him when they landed in the airport, that they were so close to her. The person responsible for a lot of his smiles, the racing of his heartbeat as we walked down the runway. He could hear the fans already, and so could the other members, who had happy smiles planed on their faces. They walked through the doors and was met by loud screams. His heart whelmed up with pride because he loved all his fans. Their screams and posters filled him up with happiness he hadn't felt in a while, and looking at the other members, he could say the same for them. In the back of his mind, though, he found himself looking for her. The only thing he had to depend on was a picture. It's been 5-6 months, who knew if she still looked the same. They said bye to the fans and waved at them before leaving to the van outside. Namjoon scanned the place one more time, for a little bit of hope in him believed she was here.

  He saw her. He could recgonize her face, he's stared at the pictures thousands of times, slept to the image of it. She must have been waiting at the airport too, but not with the others. She sat there, a sign of BTS in her hand. The only thing between them was the crosswalk. He felt some accomplishment, as if balloons should appear, and he should be awarded. He was finally close to her, breathing the same air and on the same ground. He heard the members mutter something, but none of them did anything. As he stepped closer, time seemed to stop, like a cliche kdrama. He pressed the button on the pole and watched the seconds go down. He waved at her and called her name, relief flooding into him when she looked up. Her eyes widen, close to popping out, and , a perfect O. She waves back and smiles and Namjoon copies her when the lights flicker on. He's walking across when she screams his name and he stares at her confused. Her arm points to his left and his eyes follow. He didn't see it at all. He didn't event take into consideration what it was until he felt the sudden pain on his side, until he felt himself fall and hit the ground. He blinked his eyes, and took into his surroundings. He could hear someone calling his name, someone yelling, and he saw the image of a warming face before he black out into a deep sleep.