University- D.O

Exo: University life

Big eyes glared at small eyes.

Small eyes glared back at big eyes with same intensity.

None had the intention to retreat.

 

Luhan looked at the duo. The two sat right across each other and Luhan swore he could see sparks in between of their eyes and it had been lasting for a couple of minutes now.

“Guys.” Luhan’s voice was audible enough for the duo to hear.

Either the duo ignored him or they were too focus in their staring contest.

Luhan had a self-study period at this time and decided to take a rest in the room reserved for basketball members (since Kris gave the permission to use it) but was instead met with the intense ambience.

“Guyyss…” Luhan said in a singsong manner before eyeing the table.

There was still no response from the two. Luhan huffed and decided to finish his sandwich.

The guy with the small eyes suddenly shouted, breaking his eye contact with the big eye. His hands flew to his white shirt and felt the wet blot.

“What is this?” He exclaimed and found the cup pouring its content out on the table. The liquid was pooling his part of the table and dripping down at the edge of the table.

He instinctively moved away from the spot and threw an accusing glare at Luhan who had just finished his last bite of sandwich.

“Hey, I did warn you.” Luhan had his hands up in front of him as a defense.

“You could have been louder!” He pinched the wet part of the shirt up, preventing it from sticking to his skin.

“At least that broke whatever chemistry you guys were having.” He snickered.

The big eyed student glared at Luhan before turning his attention back to the figure across him.

“You better clean that up. Kris won’t be happy.” Luhan threw the small eyed student a rag, aiming to his face.

“Watch the face!” The latter managed to catch the rag before it landed on his face.

“Didn’t know you can see with that small slit.” The big eyed guy was amused.

With a red face, the small eyed guy slammed the table with his hand, causing droplets of water to kiss the big eyed guy’s face and cloths.

“Do Kyungsoo!”

“Urg.” The big eyed guy wiped the droplets of water on his face.

Luhan was just standing at the other side of table, watching the unfolding scene with concern. The two never had any problem with each other. He was confused of what suddenly happened between this two. Baekhyun had always been a troublemaker and so it wasn’t astonishing to see him causing uproars. What truly surprised him was Kyungsoo. There were very limited things that could upset Kyungsoo but now he was involved in an argument.

“Can you not get on my nerve for once?” The small eyed guy pushed Kyungsoo a little with his wet hands.

“Baekhyun!” Now, it was his turn to stand up, desperately trying to get rid of the dampness of his shirt.

“What?” Baekhyun smirked and folded his hand in front of him, careful not to stick his shirt to his body.

“Can you not get on my nerve then?” Kyungsoo had his hands on the table, supporting his upper body.

“Tsk. If you can get off mine.” Baekhyun said nonchalantly.

Kyungsoo just glowered at him but said nothing.

“Right guys, I have to go. Nice talking to you two.” Luhan walked out swiftly, closing the door behind him slowly.

The two in the room paid no attention to Luhan and remained glaring at each other.

When they heard the bell rang, they reluctantly broke their stare contact. Baekhyun left the room first and only after a few minutes, Kyungsoo left the room.

Their relationship hadn’t improved ever since….

------------------------------

Kyungsoo nodded at the librarian and entered the second floor of the library with a small bag in hand. He scanned the area before stopping at familiar figure.

He smiled widely and walked towards the figure.

She had her nose dug within the thick book and only raised his head when he noticed a presence across her. 

She took off her spectacles before rubbing her sore eyes. She then put the spectacles back on and offered a smile to the student across her.

“Hey, Kyungsoo.” She moved some of the books away to the side of the table.

“Hey, Ye jin.” Kyungsoo smiled shyly and placed the small bag on top of the table.

“What is this?” Kyungsoo pushed the bag towards her.

She had a look of the content of the bag before taking out the container,

“Is this what I think it is?” She beamed and looked at him.

Kyungsoo urged her to open the container and when she did, his smile became wider.

“Awww! You’re so sweet!” She closed the container as soon as she opened it.

Rule number 2 or was it 3, no food and drinks were allowed in the library.

“It’s nothing…” Kyungsoo fidgeted with the hem of his white navy coloured blazer.

She smiled and placed the container back into the bag before placing next to her. She had been craving for Kimchi spaghetti for a while now and only Kyungsoo had the ability to make it to her taste.

“What are you reading?” Kyungsoo took a look at her opened book and smiled when he saw it was literature.

“Literature.” She puffed up her cheeks in annoyance.

She never liked this subject.

Kyungsoo cooed at her adorableness inwardly. “It’s not that bad.”

“Tell me about it.” She massaged the back of her neck.

“Come. Tell me which part you have problems with.” Kyungsoo turned the book a little.

Yejin moved her chair closer in a way that her upper body was closer to the table. With Kyungsoo’s explanation after explanation, she finally understood the parts where she found too complicated for human’s brain.

With glee, she wrote down some notes on her paper to prevent herself from forgetting. Kyungsoo gazed at Yejin doing her work, happy that he could be of use to her.

“I’m sure I am going to get A in my work.” Yejin took a purple colour pen before underlining what she thought was the keywords.

“Confident much, Yejin?” Yejin had always had positive attitudes and that was one of the many things he liked about her.

“Hey, I’ve got help from one of the best students here.” She glanced up at him from her work.

Kyungsoo laughed and denied that.

“Humble Kyungsoo.” Yejin smiled while shaking her head a little.

Kyungsoo saw that Yejin had placed her pens into her pencil box and seemed like she was packing up her stuff.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath. It’s now or never.

“Yejin…” Kyungsoo drew her attention to him, but once he met her gaze, he shied away.

“Yea, Kyungsoo?” Yejin felt confused with Kyungsoo’s constant avoidance in meeting her eyes.

“Er..I was thinking…there will be a food fair tomorrow…” Kyungsoo finally looked at her in the eyes.

Yejin just nodded and urged him to continue speaking.

“Would you, perhaps, like to come with me?” Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly which was utterly cute in Yejin’s perspective.

Yejin frowned a little. “Tomorrow?”

Kyungsoo nodded. Upon seeing her expression, he had a feeling that he was going to be rejected.

“Yea, tomorrow. The food fair just down the road.”

“Oh…I’m sorry Kyungsoo, but I’ve already promised Baekhyun to accompany him tomorrow.” She looked apologetically at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo’s face flashed through anger then disappointment but vanished almost immediately.

“It’s alright.” Kyungsoo tried to smile his disappointment away, acting as nonchalant as possible.

Yejin let out a small lopsided smile and felt bad for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had always been one of her close friends for a while now. Kyungsoo had always been shy and she knew how precious it was for him to ask her out (because it was extremely rare).

“It’s alright.” Kyungsoo assured her and also assured himself.

“Can we go to the Japanese restaurant the day after tomorrow? I’m craving for sashimi. ” She suggested with a smile.

Kyungsoo’s face lit up instantly upon the suggestion. He nodded his head and Yejin was worried for a second that his head might fall off.

“Alright, Kyungsoo.” She laughed at how happy Kyungsoo was.

Kyungsoo couldn’t suppress his smile on his face. He smiled with inward relief.

His eyes let out a firm glint when she wasn’t looking.

Baekhyun. Baekhyun.

Don’t think that you will win this game.