Jihan - Flower Crowns

Black Hole ♡ One Shot Collections ♡

Jeonghan and Jisoo had a problem. Or at least that’s what their friends seemed to think. Jeonghan and Jisoo on the other hand didn’t see the harm in this, it was simply something fun they liked to do.

You see, they loved to make bets. They were able to make pointless competitions over smallest things.  It was most likely because they were both really competitive people, and these little bets were just their way to deal with it. There could maybe be different ways for them to take out their competitiveness, but this wasn’t harming anyone and had proofed to be efficient. It was just a little fun.

Well at least it was for Jeonghan now, if you’d ask from Jisoo he might disagree. Jisoo had lost their bet last weekend and now Jeonghan had decided that Jisoo had to wear one of Jeonghan’s flower crowns to school today.

 “I can’t believe you make me wear it,” Jisoo grumbled. “And to school!”

They were currently in front of Jeonghan's home. Jisoo had walked there before school so they could walk there together like they did every morning. He had really hoped that Jeonghan had forgotten their bet and wouldn’t remember the flower crown, but when was Jisoo ever that lucky?

"Awww c'mon babe, you’re always telling me that there’s nothing wrong with wearing flower crowns,” Jeonghan with a fake sympathetic smile. “You say that they look cute.”

"Yeah, on you. I don’t do 'cute' Jeonghan, and you know it.” Jisoo responded with a bitter expression.

"Doesn’t matter, you lost so you’re facing the forfeit, it’s as simple as that.” Jeonghan concluded.

Jisoo didn’t look happy but he knew the rules. He knew he would eventually wear the flower crown to the school because he lost the stupid bet, just like they both had dealt with their forfeits in the past. Both knew not to make them too extreme, to keep them still fun and not too embarrassing or uncomfortable. But that didn’t mean that Jisoo was going to act happy about it.

“I decided to have some mercy on you and not choose the pink one, I don’t think pink is really your colour,” Jeonghan said with a smile as he dug for the flower crown from his schoolbag. When he found it he handed it towards Jisoo. It was a simple thin flower crown with a vine going around the metal and small white flowers decorating the crown.

"I’m not wearing that,” Jisoo said crossing his arms over his chest, not making a move to take the crown from Jeonghan's hands. He wasn’t going to give in easily.  

“Oh but you are,” Jeonghan said and took a step forward to put the crown on top of Jisoo’s brown hair. “I think the white contrasts well with all the black you like to wear.”

“Whatever,” Jisoo grumbled, trying to look irritated but at the same time holding back a smile that was fighting it’s way on his face after seeing the smile on Jeonghan’s face. Maybe this forfeit was a bit funny, Jisoo thought. Just a bit though.

“Cheer up, buttercup!” Jeonghan said with a smile and started walking towards school.

Jisoo let out a chuckle and started walking next to Jeonghan.

To an outsider they looked like a very unusual pair. Jisoo wore mostly button ups with a black sweatshirt on top, black skinny jeans and dr martins and like, whereas Jeonghan loved colours, especially soft pastel colours, he wore cute short overalls, a tee, and knee socks with creepers. When Jisoo's face held piercings, Jeonghan usually wore the fore mentioned flower crowns to school. They looked like day and night, but their personalities matched in a way that was unique.

They arrived at the school and noticed that Jisoo’s new “look” got curious glances and turned a few heads. Jisoo shot the curious people a glare that clearly said something along the lines of ‘c'mon, say something, I dare you’, and people were quick to turn their heads away.

Of course most of the people in their school wouldn’t even dare to say anything, they knew not to mess with Jisoo or his friends. In a way, Jisoo and his group were feared in their school. It didn’t really make sense to Jeonghan since Jisoo, his friends, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Seungcheol were probably the nicest and funniest people Jeonghan knew.  They weren’t “school bullies” or something like that, they never beat people and they didn’t plan to scare people away. The reputation had probably formed because they took no from anyone. Mess with one in their group and you mess with everyone. There had been a few fights and insults thrown but they had been only because of them defending themselves or their friends. They weren’t being mean to people who weren’t being mean to them.

Jeonghan and Jisoo entered the school building and headed towards their lockers. They found the rest of their friends there, already waiting for the two of them and talking about something they had been doing over the weekend. The group noticed Jeonghan and Jisoo approaching and they all changed hello’s.

“Trying something new Jisoo?” Seungcheol teased when he noticed that Jisoo was wearing a flower crown on his head.

“Cut it,” Jisoo was quick to make an ending for the teasing. “I’m not doing this on my own will.”

“You have me to thank,” Jeonghan said with a proud smile on his face. “Jisoo lost a bet and is forced to wear that today in school the whole day. And remember Jisoo." Jeonghan said turning to his boyfriend. “If I find out that you’ve taken the crown from your head during the classes we don’t have together, you’re wearing that thing tomorrow too.”

"Fine fine, no need to remind me,” Jisoo said smiling and shaking his head.

“Yet another bet?” Mingyu asked curiously.

“Yeah, wasn’t it like last week when Jeonghan had to carry your books for a day to the classes you had together because he lost one?” Wonwoo asked Jisoo. 

"Yup, it was on Thursday,” Jisoo replied.

“You guys and your bets,” Seungcheol said rolling his eyes. “I don’t understand where you get all these ideas.”

"It’s fun,” Jeonghan said smirking. “Especially when I win.”

♡♡♡♡♡

Things went pretty smoothly for the most part and soon it was lunch time. Jisoo had gotten a lot of weird looks and some people had been whispering behind his back but so far no one had said anything directly to him. Even some of the teachers had given him curious looks. But Jisoo was a confident person. He walked with his head held high, ignoring the whispers and looks and replying to them either with a glare, or a smile that told that he knew he was still cool while wearing the flowery accessory.

Jisoo and Jeonghan had dropped some of their books to their lockers and were heading towards the cafeteria, walking along the mostly empty corridor when they saw a guy named Hansol walking towards them with a smug grin on his face.

Hansol was a guy who had something against Jisoo. It wasn’t clear what it was that made him hate Jisoo so much, as far as Jisoo knew he had never wronged him any way, but for some reason or other Hansol took every opportunity to try and tease or bully Jisoo.

“I see you’ve started copying your girlfriend’s weird look,” he said to Jisoo as he reached them, chuckling a little, obviously proud of his joke.

“Shut your mouth or I’ll make you shut it,” Jisoo threatened stopping in front of Hansol.

Jeonghan stopped next to Jisoo and watched the two guys glaring at each other. He wasn’t that phased about Hansol referring to him as a girl, it wasn’t the worst thing he’d heard and honestly he didn’t care about other people’s opinions. He was aware that his style was quite feminine, but he didn’t see any harm in that. Jisoo on the other hand…Jeonghan knew that Jisoo couldn’t ignore any insults and would always want to be the one who gets the last word. Letting things go in from the one ear and out from the other wasn’t Jisoo’s style.

“Oooh I’d like to see you try.” Hansol taunted in english. “I think that the flowers fit well for a pansy like you.” Jeonghan barely had time to react before Jisoo had taken a step forward and collided his fist with Hansol’s face.

“And I think a bloody nose fits well for the idiot like you,” Jisoo said and looked at Hansol who was holding his face, covering his nose that was clearly bleeding now. “I warned you but you weren’t wise enough to keep your stupid little mouth shut. Next time think before opening your mouth." Jisoo said coldly and took Jeonghan's hand in his. “C'monlet’s go get some lunch.” He said and they continued their way to the cafeteria.

“You know you could have just ignored him and not let his opinions to affect you,” Jeonghan said as they walked.

“And you know very well that I couldn’t,” Jisoo replied.

"I guess it wasn’t the smartest idea for me to make you wear the flower crown to school,” Jeonghan admitted, feeling a bit guilty about practically being the one at fault for the occurrence. “I should have known that something like this would happen."

“Oh no, don’t you dare blaming yourself. It’s Hansol's fault and he got what he deserved,” Jisoo quickly reassured Jeonghan. “You know what? I’ll wear this flower crown for the rest of the week just to piss him off and to show that I’ll still be ten times more cool than him even when wearing a headband with flowers on it,” Jisoo said.

“Really?” Jeonghan asked skeptically.

“Yeah. I want to see if he dares to open his stupid little mouth again,” Jisoo replied smugly.

“I doubt that,” Jeonghan said. “Did you see the scared look on his face?”

♡♡♡♡♡

Jisoo did as he promised and wore the flower crown to school every single day that week. People stopped caring after a couple of days, not really paying any attention to the unusual look. Jeonghan had been right, Hansol didn’t make any comments about Jisoo’s flower crown during that week, even when they had seen him walking past in the corridors with his bruised face.

“I think I’ve made my point,” Jisoo said as he gave the flower crown back to Jeonghan on Friday afternoon when they were walking home from school.

“You sure?” Jeonghan asked with a smile. “I was starting to get used to you wearing that. Not gonna lie, you looked really good.”

“Yeah?” Jisoo asked, laughing a little.

"Yeah,” Jeonghan replied. “I wouldn’t be opposed if you wanted to keep wearing it.”

"Nah,” Jisoo replied. “It was fun while it lasted but I think that it definitely suits you better." 

Jeonghan laughed. "Just wait till you lose another bet…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bc im trash for pastel! and punk! aus i hope everyone had a nice day (-: